Help With Our Itinerary

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
Hello, I am in need of some planning advice so sorry for the long post

I will be going with some family members in January who have never been to Disneyworld. We are only staying a week but have two park days at Universal. We are deciding between 3 day park hopper or a 4 day base ticket. Both are around the same price but with the park hopper we can have a rest day rather than a park day which was requested. I believe that we should have one day at each park.
Are there buses that go from one park to the other or will we need to go to a resort and walk over? We will want to utilize the evening hours so we know that Epcot is typically a Monday and Magic Kingdom is either a Tuesday or Wednesday. If we get the park hopper and have AK/EPCOT split on a Monday would we be able to get a lightning lane for GOTG even though we are getting the reservation for AK? How has that been in the past with other rides?

As for how many days on the tickets, maybe each person can decide for themselves? If some want a 3 day with a rest day they do that, and the others do the 4 day. Idk the ages of those going or if that would be possible, but that’s an option for you. But then the 4 day people wouldn’t have hoppers…

As for the ILLs, that shouldn’t matter where you have a park reservation at, at least that’s how it’s been up until now. Since you are staying on site (assuming this since you are planning the extra hours) you will be eligible to try for an ILL at 7 (off site can try at park opening). Historically it hasn’t mattered which park you have a reservation to for buying the ILL.

Hope you all have a great time!

That's a tough call on the 3 day hopper or the 4 day one park tickets. A full day at each one would be nice, but there is a lot to be said for having a rest day in the middle.

To answer a question that hasn't been answered yet, there is transportation between all the parks. The monorail goes between Magic Kingdom and Epcot with a transfer at the Ticket and Transportation Center. Between Hollywood Studios and Epcot there is a boat as well as the Skyliner. Otherwise there are buses.

That's a tough call on the 3 day hopper or the 4 day one park tickets. A full day at each one would be nice, but there is a lot to be said for having a rest day in the middle.

To answer a question that hasn't been answered yet, there is transportation between all the parks. The monorail goes between Magic Kingdom and Epcot with a transfer at the Ticket and Transportation Center. Between Hollywood Studios and Epcot there is a boat as well as the Skyliner. Otherwise there are buses.
the one day may not make a difference, but it does to just rest your body. I'm in the 4 day crowd because I want them to experience every ride, but since we go to Disneyland more frequently, they want to skip most of the shared rides which is why we may not have a full MK day. That said, I would be okay with just a 3 day park hopper since I have been going once a year and only really want to do the new things since our last trip

As for how many days on the tickets, maybe each person can decide for themselves? If some want a 3 day with a rest day they do that, and the others do the 4 day. Idk the ages of those going or if that would be possible, but that’s an option for you. But then the 4 day people wouldn’t have hoppers…

As for the ILLs, that shouldn’t matter where you have a park reservation at, at least that’s how it’s been up until now. Since you are staying on site (assuming this since you are planning the extra hours) you will be eligible to try for an ILL at 7 (off site can try at park opening). Historically it hasn’t mattered which park you have a reservation to for buying the ILL.

Hope you all have a great time!
We are all adults, but we are all in the same car. I know that there is transportation between parks, but we kind of want to stay together. I was more wanting to see if people have maybe tried doing the park hopper and ended up never using it and wasting that extra money spent on it

If you are the only one who wants the 4 day single park and you’re okay with a 3 day hopper, then sounds like the 3 day hopper is the right choice. We’ve done both hopper and single park tickets and had just as much fun either way.

You’ll find people who will swear the only way is to hop, and others passionately saying single park is the way to go. So people have a great time either way.

If most want the rest day then that’s what I would choose.

I’m in the four days of tickets camp- with shorter days. Sleep in or go night swimming some days if wherever you’re staying has a good pool.

If you are the only one who wants the 4 day single park and you’re okay with a 3 day hopper, then sounds like the 3 day hopper is the right choice. We’ve done both hopper and single park tickets and had just as much fun either way.

You’ll find people who will swear the only way is to hop, and others passionately saying single park is the way to go. So people have a great time either way.

If most want the rest day then that’s what I would choose.
We are all adults, but we are all in the same car. I know that there is transportation between parks, but we kind of want to stay together. I was more wanting to see if people have maybe tried doing the park hopper and ended up never using it and wasting that extra
We love hopping, but in your situation, I would also recommend doing 4 days and having shorter days. Having evening to rest/chill by the pool help make it feel like a vacation do. We don’t do rest days because an entire day to rest to too much for us.

We love hopping, but in your situation, I would also recommend doing 4 days and having shorter days. Having evening to rest/chill by the pool help make it feel like a vacation do. We don’t do rest days because an entire day to rest to too much for us.
I like that idea. I will suggest it to them. I am hoping the tickets for next year will be released so we can compare the cost

Having the park hopper option gives you some alternatives if you find one park is too crowded to enjoy. During our last Disney trip, AK was so crowded even on a weekday that it was wall-to-wall people and a challenge to just move around. We left and went to another park that wasn't as busy. You just never know on any given day how crowded the parks might be and no 3rd party has any better crystal ball that allows them to forecast the future.

I don't recall the price difference, but adding park hopper was not that expensive.

Having the park hopper option gives you some alternatives if you find one park is too crowded to enjoy. During our last Disney trip, AK was so crowded even on a weekday that it was wall-to-wall people and a challenge to just move around. We left and went to another park that wasn't as busy. You just never know on any given day how crowded the parks might be and no 3rd party has any better crystal ball that allows them to forecast the future.

I don't recall the price difference, but adding park hopper was not that expensive.

we found that the park hopper is about $85 more. It makes sense the more days you go because that cost gets spread out. I like the idea of going to another park when you see a ride having a low wait time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter