Help with on property Resort stay!!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Jaime815, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Jaime815

Jaime815 Earning My Ears

I am currently planning our trip to Orlando. We will be staying at a timeshare(off property) for one week, and would like to stay 2 nights on property to take advantage of the Florida resident rate. I am an over researcher and planner- and am hoping to limit my time doing this. I am looking for a resort with an awesome pool(s) area, good dining, etc. traveling with a 7 and 3 year old. Since we will be in the area for a week prior we may or may not visit the parks during the time. We have never stayed on property before, any recommendations are appreciated!

2. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

What is your budget?

Shanti likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

Do you know which parks you will be visiting during your 2-night stay? If your focus is MK, I would look at Poly, GF and WL. They all have lovely pools and children's splash pad areas. GF and Poly offer you the monorail to MK (Poly will also offer you a walking path to TTC to get the monorail to EP). WL will offer you a boat to MK and will come in at a lower price point than Poly and GF.

If you will spend more time at EP and DHS, I would recommend looking at BC/YC and BWI. All have lovely pool areas (BC/YC is considered, by many, to have the best pool on property, but we like BWI too) and offer you the ability to walk or take a boat to both DHS and EP. There are also a ton of restaurants within walking distance in the area.

If your budget doesn't allow for any of these, I would look at POR and POFQ. You will need to take a bus to the parks (or drive your own car) from these resorts, but there is a boat to Disney Springs for a variety of dining options.

Jaime815 likes this.
  5. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

The most awesome pool at a Disney resort is Stormalong Bay, which has a massive pirate ship-themed waterslide, a sand-bottom pool, mini-lazy river, three hot tubs, etc. It also is the only Disney resort pool that has a CM at the entrance, scanning bands to keep crashers out. Therefore it is also never crowded. Stormalong Bay is usable by guests at the Beach Club and Yacht Club, which both meet your other criteria, as well.

Animal Kingdom Lodge shines in the areas you mentioned, too. All guests are allowed to use two separate feature pools there (in addition to the quiet pools), the one at Jambo and the one at Kidani. It's nice to have that variety. And the kids wuold probably love the animals around the resort. Even some standard rooms (the ones on the Kudu Trail) have great animal views.

Shellyb84 likes this.
  6. Kae

Kae DIS Veteran

Think about AKL lots of activities for the family

Shanti likes this.
  7. Jaime815

Jaime815 Earning My Ears

Thank you so much!! We are trying to decide between the Florida Discovery 3 or 4 day with/without park hopper option. I would think to take full use of the park hopper we would want a resort with several transportation options to the parks?

8. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Every WDW resort has transportation of some sort to the theme parks. Most use buses. Some have boats, some have the monorail. Or you can drive if you have your own car (or use cab or Uber or Minnie van).