help with hotel choice

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by disneymom04, Jul 12, 2018.

1. disneymom04

disneymom04 Mouseketeer

Hi all,

I've read (and re-read) all of the posts on off-site Disneyland hotels. I need help making a decision. We want something very close. (My 9 year old daughter is in a wheelchair and there will be lots of breaks.) But... I would also like a place with a decent amount of space (needs to sleep 5) and a pretty nice pool area. Does this exist?

Thanks so much. Any help is very much appreciated. I've never been to Disneyland and this is my first stage of planning.

Thanks!!!

Jean

2. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

Courtyard Marriott theme park entrance.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. disneymom04

disneymom04 Mouseketeer

Oh wow!! Thanks smartlableprint. This place looks awesome! Just what I want! Now, just trying to do the disneymath to make this work!! ;)

5. ParkHopper1

ParkHopper1 DIS Veteran

Yup...new property, big rooms, bunk beds standard. Courtyerd is the nicest off site walkable property IMO.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  6. enrai

enrai Earning My Ears

If you want the closest hotel, Best Western Park Place Inn is the one you want. It's located right across the entrance to DL. Not sure if they'd have the big room or nice pool that you're looking for though...

7. lcp9

lcp9 DIS Veteran

We have 3 little kids, and need the space b/c we usually have car seats and all their crap in tow. We get Marriott associate rates so definite bias there, but we regularly stay at the residence inn convention center. It's new as of 2016, and the advantage over courtyard/FFI for us is the full kitchen (we need to get groceries and pack food for the babies/kids) and the free full breakfast (we can usually get away with 1 in-park meal.) We're active mid 30s and don't mind walking, so tolerance level differs for everyone but it's about a 10-12 minute walk for us and we are ok with that for the other perks. CY and FFI (newly renovated) are closer though.

gottalovepluto likes this.
  8. smartlabelprint

smartlabelprint DIS Veteran

No, they wouldn’t have what the op is looking for.

9. katyringo

katyringo DIS Veteran

Howard Johnson!

Hojoanaheim and tarheelalum like this.
  10. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

I second Hojo.

Hojoanaheim likes this.
  11. Princess Katelet

Princess Katelet Mouseketeer

Where is the Courtyard Marriot theme park entrance hotel?? I know the ones up and down Harbor by the gates...is it there?

12. goooof1

goooof1 DIS Veteran

Yes, it's just south of HoJo's