Help With Dinner Party

Zandy595

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f
I'm having a last minute family dinner party tonight and I need help figuring out what to make with Grilled Teriyaki Skirt Steak. I'm going to make a salad, but I don't know what to do for starch and vegetable sides. My MIL is kind of picky so I need to make something "normal". I am also going to be kind of busy today and won't have a lot of time to prepare so something quick and easy would be helpful. And since skirt steak for 10 people won't be cheap I need to keep the sides inexpensive. HELP!

If you want to keep with the asian theme, you could do fried rice or regular rice with soy sauce and some snow peas. Or green beans with almonds with some rice.

You could purchase the premade frozen spring rolls and then put them on a platter with the bottle sweet and sour sauce.
You could make a chow mein dish. Just buy packages of the chow mein noodles, packages of the presliced chop suey vegetables, and add in some oyster sauce and mix that up.
You could do a chinese chicken salad.

What did you do? I know I'm late, but I would have done just plain white rice (maybe with some extra terriyaki sauce out on the table) and thrown some corn on the cob on the grill with the steak. Then I'd put out a bowl of fresh strawberries out along with the tossed green salad to add some color.

Gee, it sounds so easy - I'd better invite someone over for dinner!

I live on the Treasure Coast too! Small world :)
So what did you end up with? I like Rice and grilled vegetables with this kind of thing. And we love putting thick slices of pineapple on the grill with it too.

I ended up making Rice-A-Roni chicken flavored rice (never had the beef and wasn't sure about it) with Japanese blend frozen vegetables mixed in. It was a big hit. I also made some canned corn for the kids. Wasn't very fancy, but they like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter