Help with Date Coordinating

SRUAlmn

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are trying to plan for a July 2007 WDW wedding and then a DCL honeymoon. Since it's pretty far away, we don't really have any details ironed out yet, but we know the approximate date we are trying for. My question is this:

WDW doesn't let you book your wedding date until 12 months out, and for some, they aren't guaranteed until 8 months out, correct? Well, I know for DCL that you really need to book at least 12 months out. So how can we book our honeymoon without knowing what our definite wedding date will be? I was thinking we could aim for a wedding date sometime M-Th of the week we are hoping for and then the cruise would leave on Sat. That way we would have 4 different wedding date options. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

SRUAlmn said:
Hi! We are trying to plan for a July 2007 WDW wedding and then a DCL honeymoon. Since it's pretty far away, we don't really have any details ironed out yet, but we know the approximate date we are trying for. My question is this:

WDW doesn't let you book your wedding date until 12 months out, and for some, they aren't guaranteed until 8 months out, correct? Well, I know for DCL that you really need to book at least 12 months out. So how can we book our honeymoon without knowing what our definite wedding date will be? I was thinking we could aim for a wedding date sometime M-Th of the week we are hoping for and then the cruise would leave on Sat. That way we would have 4 different wedding date options. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

Is that really ture about the pot? I didnt do it when I was a teenager and I knew alot of people that didnt either! I am really surprised by that....where did you find that information....I just curious?

Yes, that is true about booking at Disney. Why did you choose July if I may ask is that a anniversary?

Coloradogrl said:
Is that really ture about the pot? I didnt do it when I was a teenager and I knew alot of people that didnt either! I am really surprised by that....where did you find that information....I just curious?

Yes, that is true about booking at Disney. Why did you choose July if I may ask is that a anniversary?

I actually don't know and I copied it from someone else's signature. I've had quite a lot of negative comments and questions about it so I think I'm going to erase it. Since I really don't know about it or where it came from :)

We chose July because my whole family, including myself, are teachers, so to have enough time off we have to do it in the summer. My parents anniversary is in July and my father has passed away, so I thought it would be nice to choose the same month.

SRUAlmn said:
I actually don't know and I copied it from someone else's signature. I've had quite a lot of negative comments and questions about it so I think I'm going to erase it. Since I really don't know about it or where it came from :)

We chose July because my whole family, including myself, are teachers, so to have enough time off we have to do it in the summer. My parents anniversary is in July and my father has passed away, so I thought it would be nice to choose the same month.

I am really sorry if you thought I was "atacking" you about that quote :( Because thats not what I meant to do!!! It just seems like ALOT so I thought I would ask. Im sorry

Coloradogrl said:
I am really sorry if you thought I was "atacking" you about that quote :( Because thats not what I meant to do!!! It just seems like ALOT so I thought I would ask. Im sorry

Oh! no no no no no! Don't be sorry. I didn't think you were attacking me. I have just had a lot of people ask me about it and say that it was inaccurate and since I don't even really know what it is or where it came from I figured I should take it off :) No worries!

I was thinking the same thing! I remember all of your posts having a picture at the bottom.
I agree with what you are thinking about doing. Book the cruise for the Saturday and then you have a couple of options during the week for the wedding. You can always e-mail a sales manager to check closer to the 12 month mark, but if they are really strict about waiting to book until 12 months, then no one else can book that date until the same time. Waiting until 8 months left for the contract is more for the custom weddings. It is just incase a convention or something comes up that they need to bump you for. I think it mostly has to do with reception locations and it doesn't happen that often, but I could be wrong. I'm an intimate bride!
Hope this helps!

Thanks! I'm not sure yet whether or not we're going to do intimate or custom. If we do custom, it's only going to be about 45 people MAX, but I'm just not sure that many people outside of our immediate families are going to be able to come. I think we may send out like a 'survey' (for lack of a better word) type thing and just see if people think they could make it. Does anyone happen to know which months get booked up the quickest? I'm worried that summer is going to be packed ASAP, but it's really one of our only options.

As for the picture in my sig. I'm having self esteem issues right now, and I got tired of looking at myself on here :rotfl:

I just remember the baseball pic and thought it had a pic of yourself on it. Dont be that way with yourself....your a pretty girl and you have already lost 45 that is a HUGE deal!

SRUAlmn said:
Thanks! I'm not sure yet whether or not we're going to do intimate or custom. If we do custom, it's only going to be about 45 people MAX, but I'm just not sure that many people outside of our immediate families are going to be able to come. I think we may send out like a 'survey' (for lack of a better word) type thing and just see if people think they could make it. Does anyone happen to know which months get booked up the quickest? I'm worried that summer is going to be packed ASAP, but it's really one of our only options.

As for the picture in my sig. I'm having self esteem issues right now, and I got tired of looking at myself on here :rotfl:

To answer one of your questions, May is Disney's big month for weddings. If I were in your shoes I would go ahead and book the cruise in advance, especially since you'll get a better rate that way. If you think of it if you have a custom wedding you might want to stay a few nights since it will help meet your room block, and you'll have the AP's to take advantage of. On the other hand if you have an intimate wedding you'll need to stay 4 nights at a Disney resort anyhow.

Do you have your heart set on a specific reception and ceremony location?

We're thinking wedding pavilion, but no reception preference yet. Do you get free APs with a Custom wedding????

The AP's aren't exactly in the contract, but all of the custom brides on here have recieved them from Disney as a wedding gift with the contract.

Are you planning on taking a trip to WDW for a site inspection?

Yes. We're going to try to go next summer for a week so that we can possibly do the site inspection and book our dates all at the same time since we will be 12 months out. Can you do that?

I'm sure you might be able to tentatively book your wedding at the time. How exciting, my DH2B and I will be also be visiting next summer for our site inspection.

We are planning on the summer of '07. I'm kind of in your shoes, I'll be starting my first teaching job the following fall so we have to plan a summer wedding.

Uh oh ;) Hope we won't be duking it out for the same date :rotfl: JK

It stinks that we can't even take vacations or plan things during cheaper times of year, or when it's not so hot everywhere. I get email Pins for WDW or they come out with discount codes and I can't ever use them. :(

I know... :guilty: I would love to have an early December wedding or just go to Disney that time of the year, but so far I've always been in school. My DH2B HATES going to Disney in the summer, so I'm not sure what we're going to do once I finish my degree.

Maybe I can find an all year round school after my contract is up just so I can go during value season. :rolleyes:

We have always gone Christmas week because everyone in my family teaches. Last year my DFi and I went in September because I was working in an office at the time. I was so amazed at how real people get to vacation at WDW. I was just in utter shock and it makes me sad to know that will never happen again (and that we're going to end up paying thousands more on our wedding to have it in the summer :rolleyes: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter