Help with combining gift card question

kniquy

DIS Veteran
So I had the disney vacation account which i closed and was sent an e-gift card for the amount of almost $500. I really wanted to break it down into smaller gift cards because having only the paper for such a large amount makes me nervous and i wanted to also give each child a gift card for them to spend on whatever they want.

I went on the Disney store website thinking i could just purchase smaller increments and pay for with the larger egift card. I started reading through the fine print and it says i can't use the gift card to buy a gift card.

Is there any way around this? I know there is a way to combine cards but doesn't seem to be a way to break into smaller amounts. Maybe i am just out of luck

I'd appreciate any help/advice!

Can't OP register the eGC along with another physical GC (or more) to the Disney GC website, then transfer desired amounts between them??

LAX

Can't OP register the eGC along with another physical GC (or more) to the Disney GC website, then transfer desired amounts between them??

LAX
No, you can only transfer the whole balance to other Disney gift cards, not partial balances.

So I should be able to take the larger egift card and combine it to a physical $50 gift card i have - right?

and if able what is the website to do this at? I thought it was disneygiftcard or something like that

i just really don't like the idea of having to carry around that large piece of paper.

So I should be able to take the larger egift card and combine it to a physical $50 gift card i have - right?

and if able what is the website to do this at? I thought it was disneygiftcard or something like that

i just really don't like the idea of having to carry around that large piece of paper.
The website is disneygiftcard.com

You create an account and then add the two GCs to the account. Make the physical GC your primary card and then transfer the ~$500 from the eGC to the physical GC. Very easy...most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter