Help with buying new Video Camera

Hellie

Mouseketeer
I know that has been covered on numerous occasions but I know what camera I am going to buy just wondered it anyone had one or used it and if you could give me some feedback.

I am going to buy the JVC GRDX25EK it is around £550 which was within my budget and the other thing I liked is that it is quite small and fits neatly in the hand and it looks nice, and it has the digital colour nightscope handy for nightime parades at WDW

Any info would be great, thanks in advance

Helen :)

Hi Helen,

I don't have personal experience of that particular camcorder, but the specification looks pretty good to me. So long as you are not planning to edit your videos on a PC and copy them back to the camera the lack of a DV-in function shouldn't be a major problem.

One thing I would recommend though is to shop around a little before you buy - that model is being advertised for around £390 inc VAT at the moment - take a look at dealtime (http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPC-JVC_GR_DX25~FD-410) to get a list of online stores.

Paul

Paul

thanks that's great, just a bit worried about ordering on line, and then not getting the product, never really ordered for such a large amount before, but some of those reviews for companies are reassuring.

Helen

I know what you mean - ordering online can be a little worrying at first. I find that doing a quick search with google on the company name is sometimes worthwhile, as this can throw up problems that others might have had.

Just checked one other company who a friend used recently for a new TV (he had no problems). They have the camcorder for £399 inc VAT & delivery - http://www.shopathills.co.uk/acatalog/Home_page_JVC_GRDX25EK_166.html

Best of luck with the videos whatever you do - it's wonderful to have memories of WDW to look at again and again when you get back.

Paul

Originally posted by Hellie
just a bit worried about ordering on line
Buying on-line is neary always more secure than using a credit card in-store. Don't worry about it, just do it. I recently bought a digital camera for £250 and didn't have an problems.

Tony

Hi, we have never bought a camera on line but have regularly purchased other items including a tv, dvd, video and surround sound system last year and have never had any problems. Just make sure that before you input sensitive information there is the secure site symbol (usually a little padlock at the bottom of the screen).

Good luck, hope you enjoy your new camera.

Thanks guys for all the help, I will check the on-line stores and take it from there.

Another idea which is worth a shot is finding a good price and go to a local store and ask if the will "Price Match"
Sometimes they do and sometimes they say no but it is worth a try and if anything goes wrong you just take it back to your local shop.

I know someone who purchased a digital stills camera a few weeks ago from my local "Jessops" store and they price matched it. You must give them full details so they can check thought.

It's worth a try if you know the Make and model you want....

Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter