Help with Barcelona Transportation

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We are doing a Med cruise in May. We decided to stay in Barcelona for a few days before the cruise. I booked the Silken Hotel (ABD uses this hotel) thinking I could just pay for transport through Disney from the airport to hotel, then hotel to cruise ship.

Well, Disney told me nope since we are not officially on an ABD vacation. This hotel provided us a family suite (there are 4 of us), versus the regular Disney sponsored hotels that will require us to book two rooms.

Anywho, anyone have any recommendations for transportation from airport to hotels/cruise ship?

Thanks all!!

We are doing a Med cruise in May. We decided to stay in Barcelona for a few days before the cruise. I booked the Silken Hotel (ABD uses this hotel) thinking I could just pay for transport through Disney from the airport to hotel, then hotel to cruise ship.

Well, Disney told me nope since we are not officially on an ABD vacation. This hotel provided us a family suite (there are 4 of us), versus the regular Disney sponsored hotels that will require us to book two rooms.

Anywho, anyone have any recommendations for transportation from airport to hotels/cruise ship?

Thanks all!!
We have simply used taxis in Barcelona without difficulty for three cruises out of Barcelona. We stay at Hotel Jazz and taxi from airport to hotel for our pre-cruise stay and from hotel to port on sail-away day. We’re doing the EBTA Miami to Barcelona and will stay on in Barcelona for a few days after the cruise, so we plan to taxi from the port to the hotel and the hotel to the airport this time. Taxis have been clean and drivers have had sufficient English that we have never had any problems, although DW does speak Spanish but not Catalan. Vehicles have all been Toyota Priuses.

We have simply used taxis in Barcelona without difficulty for three cruises out of Barcelona. We stay at Hotel Jazz and taxi from airport to hotel for our pre-cruise stay and from hotel to port on sail-away day. We’re doing the EBTA Miami to Barcelona and will stay on in Barcelona for a few days after the cruise, so we plan to taxi from the port to the hotel and the hotel to the airport this time. Taxis have been clean and drivers have had sufficient English that we have never had any problems, although DW does speak Spanish but not Catalan. Vehicles have all been Toyota Priuses.

Thanks for your reply. Do we just go outside and get a taxi? Is there a certain company to look for? Not sure if all of us and our luggage would fit in a Prius :)

Another option is to take a half day tour that morning. We're doing a tour with Barcelona Day Tours. They pick us and our luggage up at 9 AM, take us around to various sites while our luggage is secure in their van with the driver and then drop us off at the port at 1:30. We get a little extended additional touring in and transportation to the port.

Our Med cruise is in July and we are planning on taking a Taxi from the Airport to the Hotel (we are flying in a day early and staying at the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona). We have been able to arrange for Disney to provide transportation from the Hotel to the cruise terminal and from the terminal back to the Airport. They just wouldn't cover going from the Airport to the Hotel since we were arriving a day early.

I'm going to assume that the front desk of your Hotel should be able to help you arrange for a taxi to pick you up and take you to the cruise terminal.

Psy

Thanks for your reply. Do we just go outside and get a taxi? Is there a certain company to look for? Not sure if all of us and our luggage would fit in a Prius :)
At the airport, there a taxi queue with a dispatcher who manages the loading process. The dispatcher will get you into a suitable taxi. You’ll probably have to wait for a van, so you may have to wait until one gets to the head of the queue, letting other passengers go ahead of you, but that should be managed seamlessly. We don’t need a taxi van, so I’ve never had to deal with this. At the hotel, we usually have the front desk or the doorman arrange a taxi. They should be able to get a big enough vehicle. I don’t remember any problems getting a taxi from port to airport, but we only did this once in Barcelona after our first cruise there, since the other two were transatlantics and we ended up in Miami and New York.

Our Med cruise is in July and we are planning on taking a Taxi from the Airport to the Hotel (we are flying in a day early and staying at the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona). We have been able to arrange for Disney to provide transportation from the Hotel to the cruise terminal and from the terminal back to the Airport. They just wouldn't cover going from the Airport to the Hotel since we were arriving a day early.

I'm going to assume that the front desk of your Hotel should be able to help you arrange for a taxi to pick you up and take you to the cruise terminal.

Psy
I would check again with DCL on the transportation from the airport to the hotel. We were able to book DCL transportation and we are coming in on the 5th.

I would check again with DCL on the transportation from the airport to the hotel. We were able to book DCL transportation and we are coming in on the 5th.
Did you book your hotel through Disney? That was the reason Disney gave as to why they wouldn't do the transfer from the airport to the Hotel. I booked the hotel using my remaining credit card points; which took the price of the hotel stay down to under $10.

Psy

We have used sun transfers from the airport to hotel and from port to airport a couple of times with no problems. From the hotel to Port we have just asked the hotel to call us a taxi. It was about 30 Euros if I remember.
We stayed at the Silken last time and found it very nice ... we were in a family suite ( just booked a normal room as there are only the 3 of us) and it was great!
We walked to the nearby glories shopping centre where there is a Carrefour supermarket to get some beer to take on board the ship, and also to get some drinks and snacks for the room for the evening. We also got a box of croissants for breakfast the next morning!

Claire :)

Did you book your hotel through Disney? That was the reason Disney gave as to why they wouldn't do the transfer from the airport to the Hotel. I booked the hotel using my remaining credit card points; which took the price of the hotel stay down to under $10.

Psy

OK, that makes sense. Yes we booked through DCL so we could get the transfers.

I've visited Barcelona numerous times and depending on where you are staying (I usually stay somewhere near the City Centre) I would suggest taking the Aerobus as a previous poster had mentioned. It's fast (runs every 12/15 minutes), only makes two stops and cost abut 6 euros. As far as transportation from your hotel to the cruise terminal you can take a taxi but I suggest you also check the Cruise Meet page to determine if someone created a group for your cruise. A few times the cruise group arranged for bus transportation from a designated meeting place (usually one of the hotels) to the cruise terminal and since we where all splitting the cost I believe I paid about $10 or $15 (USD) on my last trip. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

Another vote for taxi. We sailed last August and booked private transfers from airport to hotel and port to airport. I *think* it was suntransfer that we arranged with, but I have deleted the emails, so I can't be sure. At any rate, after they were over an hour late getting to the airport for pickup (while there was a line of available taxis a mile long) I canceled our port-airport leg for a refund and we took a taxi. We also took taxi from hotel to port.

Thanks all so much! I tried to book out hotel through Disney, but neither of their sponsored hotels had a family suite and it was much much more $ to book two rooms. I booked the Silken since ADB uses that hotel, thinking we could just buy transfers since Disney was already there. But nope. We will check out the two alternative transportation options mentioned. Just love my Disboards :flower1:

Thanks all so much! I tried to book out hotel through Disney, but neither of their sponsored hotels had a family suite and it was much much more $ to book two rooms. I booked the Silken since ADB uses that hotel, thinking we could just buy transfers since Disney was already there. But nope. We will check out the two alternative transportation options mentioned. Just love my Disboards :flower1:
We also used Sun Transfers in Barcelona in 2016. They were very professional and always on time. We had 4 trips booked with them and each time they ran without a hitch, would definitely use them again.

We were staying in Barcelona before and after. We took taxis both ways which were very easy and convenient. Our hotel said we had to walk to a taxi stand, which was just around the corner. Post cruise, there is a queue that you can't miss.

Thanks all!!

We've sailed with Disney several times from Barcelona and usually stay at a hotel on La Ramblas. We take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port. The hotel will also call for a taxi for you to get to the port in the morning. When we disembark the ship, we use DCL transfers. DCL does an amazing Med cruise. Hope you have a wonderful time!

We've sailed with Disney several times from Barcelona and usually stay at a hotel on La Ramblas. We take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port. The hotel will also call for a taxi for you to get to the port in the morning. When we disembark the ship, we use DCL transfers. DCL does an amazing Med cruise. Hope you have a wonderful time!
How much were the dcl transfers from port to bcn?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter