DisneyDerek92

Earning My Ears
I’m not an annual passholder yet but plan on upgrading on my arrival day. I have 6 tickets to after hours events already purchased, would have saved $180 if I was an AP. If I upgraded without using any tickets could I get the discount applied towards my AP upgrade or credited back? In hindsight, should have just went with the annual pass, would have ended up saving me money in the long run with all the discounts.

I am in a similar situation. In my recent experience, if you call to book an after hours ticket, they will give you the AP discount if you ask for it, but you will need to show your AP when you pick up the AH ticket.

If you already have refundable tickets purchased, you might be able to call WDW and either refund them and then purchase them again with the discount or get a partial refund for the difference? FWIW, that's what I would try. It might work.

If you go with the AP and after hours ticket to guest relations in WDW, they may or may not give you gift cards to cover the difference.
Apparently, it has reportedly worked/not worked both ways in the past.

Perhaps someone else will have more definitive information to share.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter