Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Perhaps this has always been in the notation, or is it new? It does say at the bottom only 1 VQ per day for each experience. EA7CDDFE-874E-4CDD-94CB-BE1CEF2C1718.png672A2065-C800-454D-A6CC-E5983535A02E.png

This past Wednesday, I did Epcot in the morning and then Magic kingdom at night for the EEH. I got a virtual queue for Cosmic Rewind in the morning. And then when I tried for the 6pm Tron VQ, the app told me that my party wasn’t eligible. Despite us staying at a deluxe resort and refreshing at exactly 6pm.

I asked a cast member via the chat function on the app. They said I wasn’t eligible because it’s only 1 VQ per day. Is that true or did I get fed bad information? I read on here previously that deluxe resort guests were able to get 2 VQs previously for cosmic rewind (7am and 6pm then nights of EEH there). Did that change with Tron opening?

Had you tapped into MK yet? I've heard conflicting reports about park hopping and getting a Tron VQ for EEH...

This past Wednesday, I did Epcot in the morning and then Magic kingdom at night for the EEH. I got a virtual queue for Cosmic Rewind in the morning. And then when I tried for the 6pm Tron VQ, the app told me that my party wasn’t eligible. Despite us staying at a deluxe resort and refreshing at exactly 6pm.

I asked a cast member via the chat function on the app. They said I wasn’t eligible because it’s only 1 VQ per day. Is that true or did I get fed bad information? I read on here previously that deluxe resort guests were able to get 2 VQs previously for cosmic rewind (7am and 6pm then nights of EEH there). Did that change with Tron opening?

Perhaps this has always been in the notation, or is it new? It does say at the bottom only 1 VQ per day for each experience. View attachment 764759View attachment 764760

It says "Guests may only enter a virtual queue once per day for each experience."

So @StarLime should have been able to get a VQ for both Cosmic Rewind and Tron.

No, I was at my resort at the time and has only recently scanned in at Epcot that day. I think that might have been the issue.
I had this issue back in May as well. We had hopper plus tickets, went to Animal Kingdom in the morning, sat by the pool at Boardwalk in the afternoon, and then when I went to get the 6pm VQ for Tron it said we were not eligible. However, a few of our family members were, as they had gone to MK that morning.

Now I am working on plans for our next trip in September and think I may just make time to tap into MK on extended hours night just to be sure we get one.

How has everyone's experience been with getting GOTG without taping in before the 6pm drop on extended hours night? We were able to do it on our last trip, but again, wondering if it sometimes causes issues, and perhaps I'll have to schedule time to head over and tap in at hopping time to ensure we get the 6pm VQ.

What is anyones experience with Boarding Group 63 for TRON? THere is no approximate time showing yet, and we have a 12:40 lunch seating, and was wondering if there is usually a time conflict? Just asking for your experience, I know it may vary. Thanks. Our GOTG group 65 boarded about 11:30am the other day, and the internal queue was pretty quick, we walked through the first queue area, then had to queue up in the first room with props.

Last edited:
I noticed they were just on Tron Run Group 22 by the early afternoon on Thursday this week . Rain delays perhaps plus new boarding experience for many guests is probably slowing things down . And don’t forget you will be required to use their locker for backpacks, etc…

Last edited:
To be eligible for the 1PM drop a guest needs to have scanned into the park. Often GitG lasts until 2PM to allow guests park hopping to get a VQ. Tron can be more challenging as those VQs go faster.

6PM drop for EEH normally allows any guest eligible for EEH who either has a MK reservation or PH ticket to obtain a VQ but occasionally we have reports of those guests not being allowed to get a VQ if they have not tapped into the park with EEH.

JUst an update. We were Tron boarding group 63, we were called during lunch, so about 1:00, We got finished with lunch and got there with 5 minutes to spare. I did bring the lunch receipt just in case. Awesome ride, but it seems so short compared to GotG.

Last edited:
JUst an update. We were Tron boarding group 63, we were called during lunch, so about 1:00, We got finished with lunch and got there with 5 minutes r/to spare. I did bring the lunch receipt just in case. Awesome ride, but it seems so short compared to GotG.
Sounds like timing was perfect!

So lets say I wake up and are lucky enough to get a virtual que for Tron, and I get in group 97. What time do I go there? I mean I guess with LL you have a time to go to the ride but the VQ is boarding groups not times, how do you know when to return without walking all the way over to the ride to see what group they are boarding?

Disney will send you a push notification, assuming you have them turned on, through the MDE app when your boarding group is being called. If/when you are able to secure a boarding group, MDE will also give you an approximate time your boarding group will be called. However, the estimated return times are quite often overinflated, and your actual return time is usually much earlier.

So lets say I wake up and are lucky enough to get a virtual que for Tron, and I get in group 97. What time do I go there? I mean I guess with LL you have a time to go to the ride but the VQ is boarding groups not times, how do you know when to return without walking all the way over to the ride to see what group they are boarding?
Keep you eye on the MDE app. You will see what groups are currently being called and an anticipated time you will be called. This time WILL change so keep an eye on it.

Hello, finalizing our plans and would like to confirm this is possible..can we get a vq for Tron at 7 am even tho we will go to Epcot first? We'd also like one for Guardians but Tron will go faster Im assuming..just wasnt sure if we were allowed to book it even if we arent hopping to MK until 2?

Hello, finalizing our plans and would like to confirm this is possible..can we get a vq for Tron at 7 am even tho we will go to Epcot first? We'd also like one for Guardians but Tron will go faster Im assuming..just wasnt sure if we were allowed to book it even if we arent hopping to MK until 2?
No, at 7am you can only get a vq for the park you have a reservation for. At 7am, they both go very quickly anyway that you wouldn’t be able to do both. At the 1pm drop, you have to have entered the park to get a vq, so if you go to Epcot first, and you can’t hop to MK until 2, you are most likely out of luck, tho there are times when the VQ isn’t full when you hop. In that event, as soon as you scan into the park, you’re eligible to attempt to join the VQ. However, I think it’s more often Guardians still available at 2pm rather than Tron.

No, at 7am you can only get a vq for the park you have a reservation for. At 7am, they both go very quickly anyway that you wouldn’t be able to do both. At the 1pm drop, you have to have entered the park to get a vq, so if you go to Epcot first, and you can’t hop to MK until 2, you are most likely out of luck, tho there are times when the VQ isn’t full when you hop. In that event, as soon as you scan into the park, you’re eligible to attempt to join the VQ. However, I think it’s more often Guardians still available at 2pm rather than Tron.
I've been keeping an eye on https://www.thrill-data.com/news/disney-world-boarding-group-availability-tracker/ and there have been days when the 1:00 PM VQ for Tron lasts a couple of hours.

Last edited:
So looks unlikely if we hop to MK at 2pm that there will be vq for Tron (tho we will try)..is the scenario different if we just pay for ILL? Will we have a significantly better chance to ride it, and is it still the case where I cannot buy it until we enter MK at 2? Thx!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter