Help! Vacation Plans are Falling Apart! Advice Needed!

snorris

Earning My Ears
Help everyone!

We have been planning a trip to the world since January for myself, my brother, (we are both in our 20's) my mom and stepfather. We wanted to take our mom as a treat since she hasn't been since the early 90's. :earsboy:
We booked a package, the disney visa 7 for 4 deal b/c my brother and stepdad applied for cards and were approved. Stepfather asked to have his name be the one on the ressie so they could get all the mailings, etc. etc.

Now the problem comes in.

We are partially paid on our ressie/package and are soon closing in on 90 days out. We bought airline tickets and tickets for MNSSHP. Now my Stepfather doesn't want to go. Everyone else is still planning on going, but here in lies the dilemma. He's the one who's visa was on the 7 for 4 (since we didn't do it under my brother who was also eligbile) and he's the lead on our ressie. What do we do???

I'm calling disney tomorrow and really need a game plan.

I'm afraid we will lose everything including our great deal on AKL concierge. :(

Anyone ever had this happen? Helpful hints/Advice are much needed and appreciated right now!!!

Thanks so much.

Please wish me lots of pixie dust

I really don't know what to tell you except to call Disney Right away and explain what you explained to us. Hopefully they can transfer everything to your brothers name!! Good luck!! ::yes::

Why don't you pay for your package in full prior to your arrival -- using your step dad's disney cc.

At check-in you can use your cc for any additional purchases.

Well, you have to pay a disney package (through WDTC) in full 45 days prior to arrival, so we aren't concerned about paying, but the price will be less if we drop my stepdad.

We put it in his name b/c you have to use that person's card for the 7 for 4.

hmm....

maybe drop my brother, keep my stepdad on there and then when we get there tell them that stepdad isn't coming and brother is. Like i said package will be paid in full anyways when we get there since our due date is August 14th.

I don't want to do anything shady with our reservations, but i do forsee them telling us we have to start all over b/c my stepdad doesn't want to come.

All I can say is good luck!! Please let us know what happens!

Pixie Dust! :wizard:

Originally posted by snorris

We put it in his name b/c you have to use that person's card for the 7 for 4.

There was a snafu on our reservations similar to your problem. The reservationist put my name was on everything even though the card was my Mom's. When we checked in, the room cards were all in my name which was disconcerting to my mom. She put her CC down for room charges too, but apparently the cards are pre-printed?
Anyway, we didn't have any problems whatsoever with this setup. They never asked for my ID even in the parks. They did ask for my mom's a few times but I believe she signed her name and added "check ID" on the back of her card.
BTW, PS's I made in Mom's name (thinking that's how the reservations were made). When I confirmed them the CM said it didn't matter as they are tracked by phone# and to bring the confirmation # to the restaurant just in case.
HTH!

Is your Mom an authorized user of the CC belonging to your Stepdad? If not, couldn't he just add her name to his account and then it wouldn't matter.

Also, I'm sure you could probably just have the ressie switched into your mom's name. Call Disney- I really don't think this should be a problem.

the problem is is that it is the disney visa 7 for 4 package. According to Disney (when I made the ressie) the package has to be under the name of the person who's card is being used for the package eligiblity. I was told then that you couldn't get the package unless it was under that person (whether they paid w/the card or not)

that's what i'm really wondering about.

Will call disney in the a.m. hopefully all will be well.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the plans (after being on hold forever with disney travel) are finally secure. They took Stepfather off the ressie and put my Mom on as a lead. (since they have last name) They were toying with putting me on but then it'd be change of address and confirmation # etc. more trouble than it's worth.
we get to keep the disney 7 for 4 package, which i'm so glad about.
Thanks for all the support and listening to my worries!

Hi,

Glad things worked out for you!! Have a good time!

Allison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter