Help us choose a resort!

jgh

Peter Pan!
I know it's a bit far in advance, but we're hoping to do a Disneymoon in April 2014! Just trying to start planning in advanced...I think I'm more excited about planning the Disneymoon rather than the wedding. :earboy2:

I've been to Disney probably 20 or so times and we've only ever stayed in All Star Resorts or Pop Century. My future DH has only been three times (twice with me and once many many years ago with his family). Twice he's stayed just off-property (4 miles from our on-property hotel when he went with us) and once he was at Pop with us when we got two rooms there. I have no idea where they stayed off-property when they went years ago.

Anyway, we're looking to stay somewhere a little nicer than the Value resorts, though there's nothing wrong with those at all! We will continue staying at the Value's after our Disneymoon but we wanted to stay somewhere a little more special! We honestly have no idea where to stay! There are SO many options and I just haven't seen the inside of any of them except All Star and Pop! We don't want to go overboard with the money (no super expensive rooms), but we also want something special! Does anyone have any suggestions? We'd both definitely rather have Disney or fairytaleish-themed/inspired rooms rather than just decorated ones...if that makes sense.

ETA: Oh! And even though I'm a Disney-nut I'm not that great with abbreviations. :P Full names please!

Our favorite rooms, although not fairy tale, were the pirate rooms at Caribbean Beach. We didn't care for Port Orleans Riverside last year so we haven't tried the Royal Rooms although they are on our someday list.

Both the Royal Room and the Pirate Rooms sound awesome. :)

I actually have a co-worker going down in a few months that is staying in the Royal Rooms! That's definitely one we will look into! Thanks for the suggestions!

My fiancée and I are renting points and staying at the Boardwalk for our honeymoon. We picked Boardwalk for the proximity to Epcot and DHS and the nightlife in the Boardwalk area. After working it out it actually would be cheaper than staying at a moderate. We got a Boardwalk view tho and it's about the same. 11 months from your honeymoon I'd start looking on here or ***********. We rented $11 per point. In the the meantime I'd research the DVC resorts to see if one works for you guys. If not I'd say Riverside is mist suitable for a Honeymoon.

We rented points as well for our honeymoon. Got a savannah view room (value studio with a request for ostrich trail) at AKL for $10 a point. Worked out to just over $100/night for our 10 night stay

AKL is romantic and lovely. I LOVE wilderness lodge as you can watch the water pageant from the hot tub, and you're just a boat ride away from MK. Both have a more secluded feel.

Our last trip we stayed at Saratoga and really liked it. Much bigger than we have been used to lately, but a great pool and decor. Nice quick walk to downtown Disney.

This next trip we are staying at BCV, and really looking forward to walking to Epcot and DHS:woohoo:

11 months from your honeymoon I'd start looking on here or ***********.

I'd say that about a year out, start looking for people renting and set up a prospective agreement- things like the value studios at AKL sell out at the 11 month mark.

And I think what stbissell was trying to say is finding some people who are owners of the mouse.... in no particular order :rotfl2: would probably be helpful

Anywhere on the monorail, animal kingdom is amaazing as well if you dont mind the bus to and from the parks...honestly the grand floridian seems like the "disneymoon" worthy, very elegant and classy with all the disney touches.

Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge. Even though they are deluxes they are the 2 less expensive ones.

I'd say that about a year out, start looking for people renting and set up a prospective agreement- things like the value studios at AKL sell out at the 11 month mark.

And I think what stbissell was trying to say is finding some people who are owners of the mouse.... in no particular order :rotfl2: would probably be helpful

Yes exactly. :duck: If you cannot figure that out and you need some help send me a private message if you want to try to rent points. GL

I love Wilderness Lodge! We celebrated our 20th anniversary there in Feb and spent alot of time just enjoying the resort. We also love Beach Club because of the boardwalk and how close it is to Epcot and Studios. Wilderness Lodge is 1st choice and more affordable!

Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge. Even though they are deluxes they are the 2 less expensive ones.

I agree. Great choices that will help you feel just a little bit away from it all, when you want to, well, get away from it all!

I'd also toss the Polynesian into the mix.

I love POR, it's our fav moderate. The grounds are beautiful, perfect for strolling around. They also have Horse and Carriage rides too. Doesn't more romantic then that :thumbsup2 And there's a boat to DTD too!

The Royal Rooms are in Oak Manor and Parterre Place. I would suggest making a request for the Oak Manor building, better location then Parterre Pl.

Love the mansion section, so pretty along the river.

Some people prefer French Quarter, it's smaller then POR, so a bit more intimate feeling.

I agree. Great choices that will help you feel just a little bit away from it all, when you want to, well, get away from it all!

I'd also toss the Polynesian into the mix.

Polynesian would be my first pick but I thought it might cost to much unless s discount comes out :confused3

Since you want Disney decorated and don't want to spend over the top, I would suggest the Royal Rooms at Port Orleans Riverside.
You can see great pictures at www.portorleans.org
That was my first thought as well. We love POR....the mansion area is just beautiful!!! And very romantic.
I would also recommend David's DVC Rentals....he is very good to work with if you want to stay in a villa. The villas at BWV are really nice and it's a great location. Renting points for a villa stay through David is a great way to stay in a deluxe pretty reasonably.

I love Wilderness Lodge! We celebrated our 20th anniversary there in Feb and spent alot of time just enjoying the resort. We also love Beach Club because of the boardwalk and how close it is to Epcot and Studios. Wilderness Lodge is 1st choice and more affordable!

I agree completely. Loved WL. Also stayed at BWV. Loved the proximity to HS and EPCOT but really liked the WL better. It is closer to MK and you can grab the monorail at MK to transportation station and get to epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter