HELP! United flight changed - not all together!

lotsofkids

Earning My Ears
Please advise if you can. We made our reservations last April for Feb 2007 - Pres. week for BDL-MCO (via Dulles). There are 13 of us (family of 6 and family of 7). Apparantly, our return flight was cancelled. They redirected my sister's familt of 6 to CHicago and our family of 7 to Chicago - Dulles - Bradley! They offered to accommodate us on a 6am flight instead or on the following day 2/25. We do not have accommodations for 2/24. They offered to give us $75 each as a good will gesture. I have been on the phone for over an hour and have been disconnected 6 times! I am so frustrated.

In a normal situation it wouldn't be bad. However, my sister has a special needs 19 yo dd who requires oxygen to be available and can not physically support herself in addition to a 20 yo special needs dd (although not as extreme). They were willing to try flying with our support. And for my family of 7, going from MCO-ORD-IAD-BDL is not acceptable. They are offering a refund, but that will not get me to FLorida.

Update: We were able to get my family of 7 worked out to MCO-IAD-BDL. My sister is trying to decide what they will do. (cancel/get refund and drive or fly without us)

It is just frustrating. We thought we took care of this last April. Oh well. I know schedules can change etc, but I didn't think we'd be put on different flights.

As the total group is 13 passengers, I doubt that was booked as one PNR. If booked as 2, United had no way to know that the parties were together. When there is a schedule change, there is little human intervention - the computer makes the changes.

Schedule changes are a regular occurence - one of the most common posts here, in fact.

While it may seem harsh, some regular posters here will point out that a contract with the airline is a contract to transport you from point A to point B, regardless of the routing. In this case, United did accommodate both parties on flights which will reach point B from point A.

You may want to see if at least one member of your party can be changed to your sisters flights to assist her.

Best of luck!

I'll give you some sympathy! It is FRUSTRATING to make plans so far in advance, only to have them change. Good luck - I hope you get to fly together!

I'll give you some sympathy! It is FRUSTRATING to make plans so far in advance, only to have them change.

Unfortunately if you buy airline tickets in April 2006 for a flight in Feb 2007, you can pretty much count on at least one flight change.

You need to keep in mind if you are flying through Chicago in February, your chances of weather cancellations or delays are very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter