HELP! this indecisive mom

emacosta1

Earning My Ears
Ok I am having issues and hope someone out there understands. I have a 9 night 10 ressie at POR Riverside RR. But I also have a great deal at Windsor hills resort disney condo for $299 a week. After tickets aand all of the dinning I know I want to do its like. $1,000 cheaper at the condo. But there is something inside me that says the experience of staying on Disney property is worth it. I have never stayed onsite but have stayed offsite twice. Help

Ok I am having issues and hope someone out there understands. I have a 9 night 10 ressie at POR Riverside RR. But I also have a great deal at Windsor hills resort disney condo for $299 a week. After tickets aand all of the dinning I know I want to do its like. $1,000 cheaper at the condo. But there is something inside me that says the experience of staying on Disney property is worth it. I have never stayed onsite but have stayed offsite twice. Help

Before I can give my opinion, I need more info. How many people are in your party? If you stayed at POR, would you be buying the Dining Plan? Will $1,000 make or break your family? When you stayed offsite, did you feel the Disney magic was missing from your trip?

OP, I'd save the $1000 or spend it on something other than the POR room. It's fun staying onsite but it's also nice to get off property. We've done both. If you have an $1000 to blow, stay onsite. Or, how about staying at the condo for most of your trip and spending the last 2-3 nights at POR?

I used to think I had to stay onsite all the time. I have decided its not really necessary for me to enjoy the parks. However, I do love the convenience and theming at the hotels.

That being said, here are some considerations:

Onsite you get the dining plan. Would you still save $1,000 if paying OOP for your meals rather than paying for the dining plan?

Do you always have a car at your disposal? If so, this means most breakfasts can be eaten in the condo saving you a lot of eating out money.

Personally, I would figure the costs of those meals vs. the savings of staying in the condo. If you still come out ahead, then go for the condo. More space and a kitchen just makes sense.

We've done both. For US there was just something missing staying off site. I know others love it so please don't flame me anyone but we love having the feeling of being within Disney property, having buses running often, and all the Disney perks. We have stayed onsite and if we are driving we stop at Publix or Walmart and buy breakfast items, snacks, lunch meat, bread etc. If we fly we order online and have it delivered. Personally, when I'm on vacation even when I do have a full kitchen I really don't use it. I do that at home enough. We love POR and to me I'd rather skimp somewhere else in the budget but that's just MY opinion.

That was including the meals. Thinking of doing condo for a week then AK concierge level for 4 days. It would be same exact price ad POR ressie

I personally love staying on site. We stayed in the RR at POR I think they are really pretty but not worth the extra $$ tag. I think it's convenient staying on property so much easier with kids. (For us). If you can afford the extra OOP I would def try it for one stay you might like it.

We're the weird family whose kids prefer offsite. Personally, I liek having my own car--much, much faster than the bus system (except for MK).

I like the idea of doing the condo stay, and then treating yourself to AKL concierge. If I did that, I would plan my MK days for my on-property days, just because of the issues with MK parking. I will mention, though, that my gang had a tough time going froma 4BR house down to a 2BR DVC vila (we're a family of 6). That would probably be less of an issue for the two of you, but I figured I'd mention it.

P.S. The only issue I have with MK parking is that you have to schlep to the TTC and then take a boat or monorail. It's a bit of a trek. If you have a bus, you're dropped off right by the front entrance. So, it's not a deal-breaker, it's just a bit of a pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter