Help St john excursion filled????

travelin' mouse

Earning My Ears
:hourglass Waited to long to make reservations fpr our shore excursion to St John Trunk Bay. Has anyone ever used a non disney excursion? I really don't want to but I really want to show my family Trunk Bay? Any advice would be great.
Cathy K :wizard:
32 days and counting

We returned a few weeks ago and booked this excursion on board. I bet there will be availability when you get onboard. Why don't you call DCL and ask?

We tried to book that excursion for our cruise in May & it was not appearing either using the online res. We are CC members & up at 3:00, I am beginning to think it isnt offered online...

We did it on our own. Before our cruise we reserved a rental car from Budget or Hertz. We docked at Havensight and the rental car place was 2 blocks from the ship. Then we drove to the car Ferry at Red Hook? I think. Then drove to Trunk Bay. Had a great day!! and much more beach time then the excursion group. We did this in 2002. I found all the information including detailed driving directions, and ferry schedules by surfing the web. Cruisecritic.com led me to a disussion forum that was very helpful. We were a family of 6 and we actually saved money by doing it on our own. We did make sure to get on a ferry 1 hour before we needed to, just in case, and then had about an hour or so of shopping time before boarding the Magic.

Thank you so much. I'm going to do my homework. I really want my family to see Trunk Bay. My husband and I have been there, but this time our kids will be with us. It was the most beautiful place on this eart that I have ever seen.
Cathy

we did the excursion to trunk bay on our own as well, not with a rental car, but we took the taxi to town and took the ferry over to st. john, and then taxi to trunk bay, on the way back we took the ferry to red hook and taxi back to the ship. it was very easy to do. at trunk bay there are taxis waiting to take you back any time you want to go. the time to and from the ship was about the same either way, it just depends on whether you want more time on the water or land, and you can choose based on how soon you want to leave as ferries run on different schedules depending on which destination you want. like i said just choose what time you want to leave for st thomas and choose a ferry based on that. most of the taxis will hold mutiple passengers and you might have to stop a time or two, we stopped at two ships before going back to the magic, but it wasn't really a problem, we got back in plenty of time to relax on our verandah and watch the jellyfish in the harbor and then watch departure. it was very enjoyable and easy to do. the taxi driver to trunk bay even stopped at a bank in order for me to get some cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!