Help - single parent with 2 kids ages 10 & 7 and ride issues

cblgirl2001

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys,
I will be taking my 2 daughters to Universal. My one daughter wants to ride the Gringrotts ride which I would go on with her, and my 7 year old won't go on. I know there is a rider switch room, but am afraid to leave my 7 year old there. I have no other adults to help and this is the only ride that is causing us a huge issue. Any help? My 1 daughter will not ride alone and the other won't go on. HELP! These parks really need to set something up for single parents. We are becoming more of the norm!

If I were you, I’d see if I could make friends with another family in line with small kids and see if you could help each other out. I would be comfortable leaving my child with cast members, but another mother of small children would be great. Heck, you could even put your dates here and see if there’s a Disser there the same time!

Could your 10 yr old be convinced to go on the ride by herself? Or can you somehow convince the younger one to go on also? I personally wouldn't leave my younger child alone. If they both won't budge, then let them know you're saving the ride for another trip. Better safe than sorry.

If it's fear with the younger that's holding her back, I'd recommend going on Youtube and having her watch some of the videos that others have posted on the ride. That may dispel some of her fear and convince her to give it a try.

When are you going, if its the same time as me I'd be happy to help out in any way I could.

Hi I agree with limace on their advice, especially posting to see if any other dissers will be there. I totally agree with you that there needs to be more offerings for single parents and younger ones. This was and is still sometimes a problem with rest rooms and single parents with different genders.

I do understand the fear of leaving your child behind also. We were lucky that when my DD was little I didn't like rides. Once she got big enough I went on them and became a ride junkie.(LOL)

Good luck:goodvibes

Tough one. I do wonder if you let the older one ride alone, while you wait with the younger one, then let them wait together while you ride? Is that an option you'd consider? Is that even allowed in the rider swap?

I'd also have them watch videos of the ride. Are you sure the younger one is tall enough to ride?

Last edited:

Edited to add... I'm not a single parent, but I take our 3 kids (now 10,8,6) to parks all the time by myself. Just takes creativity.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter