Help Quick

JENR

Disney Addict
I will be in Disneyworld for a week in October. Had this great idea to suprise my boys (at the end of our trip when they think we are going home) with a 3 night Disney Cruise. The only available room is a category 4a for the 4 of us the the price is $3100. I am having a very hard time justifying that much money for 3 nights. We have been on the Magic several times but really want to try the Dream. Should we do it or wait and do a longer cruise next year. I am stressing over this bc i think it would be fun to suprise them but at the same time is that price ridiculous? Help I need to make a deposit by tonight.

I will be in Disneyworld for a week in October. Had this great idea to suprise my boys (at the end of our trip when they think we are going home) with a 3 night Disney Cruise. The only available room is a category 4a for the 4 of us the the price is $3100. I am having a very hard time justifying that much money for 3 nights. We have been on the Magic several times but really want to try the Dream. Should we do it or wait and do a longer cruise next year. I am stressing over this bc i think it would be fun to suprise them but at the same time is that price ridiculous? Help I need to make a deposit by tonight.

Not trying to be flip....but I think you answered your own question. It is a lot of money for a 3 night cruise.....the only thing I can suggest is to deposit now and keep looking for a lower category stateroom (midnight is usually the best time...that is when they release cabins back into inventory). But be aware of your cancellation window....you would have to cancel before penalties begin to avoid cancellation charges if you decide not to go at all.

2012 price are ridiculously high already on the Dream and Fantasy.

Or, what until the booking window opens for the 2013 cruises (that will be the best prices for the Dream and Fantasy). They should be announced this Fall.

MJ

When in October are you going? I was looking last night and saw a room for 2400. If you can afford it, I say go for it! What a great surprise for your boys!!

I think it would be a great suprise! But that is too much money for three nights IMHO. Personally, I would consider doing a cheaper cruise for the suprise- like Carnival and save the Dream for another trip when you can get a better deal....

Unfortunately, I agree with the others $3,100 is way high for a 3 night cruise. Why not try for the best of both worlds? :idea: When the kids think you all are ready to go home, surprise them with an extra 3 days at WDW.
Then try to book a 2012 cruise if you can find one at a decent price, if not wait for the 2013 prices to come out & book one as early as possible. :cool1:

That's over $1,000 a night. And that's JUST for the cruise! That's not counting anything you'll do in Nassau or Castaway Cay. That's not counting tips/gratuities. That's not counting picture packages at Shutters. That's not counting Palo reservations if you decide to do that. That's not counting ANY of the extra costs that inevitably come with a cruise!!! So, when you add it all up, your cruise will more than likely cost you over $1,000 PER PERSON for THREE nights!!!

I personally would save my money and wait for a cheaper cruise, perhaps as others have said, wait until the 2013 rates come out. I know that seems like a LONG ways away, but for the price difference, to me, it'd be worth it. But that's just my two cents. :goodvibes

While $3100 seems expensive for a 3 night cruise, you should factor in travel costs as well. You'll already be right by the port this year - how much will it cost to arrange travel for 4 back to FL from NJ next year?

I guess my opinion may be different but I say go for it! If you can afford it, otherwise you never know what life may deal out in the next 2 years. Also as the previous poster said - transportation (airfare?) for 4 is not a pittance! I know we rarely see airfare under $500 pp so for 4 people that is definitely a consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter