Help please: Beach Club deluxe room or CS Casitas 1-br suite

hvanes

Mouseketeer
Our daughter is graduating, and she chose WDW for her senior trip. We've been to WDW 6 times in the last 11 years, so I have a timeline I usually follow for summer reservations... but it is not working out for me this time! We have 6 in our party and ideally I would have liked a 2-br villa at SSR, but that is unfortunately not an option. In January I decided to just book something that was open and hope to make a change to something more reasonably priced later on, so I took a deluxe room that was available at Beach Club. It is more than I want to pay, and the new summer discount does not apply. I keep checking inventory (for something at a different resort) but nothing is coming up for a party our size during our dates. I'm trying to suck it up because it's a special trip. Two separate rooms does not save us much $ at a mod or deluxe (and in many cases it's actually more).

Today I noticed that, with the summer discount, for about the same price, I could get a 1-br in the Casitas. I do not know anything about CS at all. I would love input on folks' experiences there and whether the switch would be a good one or not... pros and cons.... thoughts and opinions.

Also, if anyone has inside info on more inventory opening up in the days and weeks ahead, I'd love some positive news! At the end of the day, we're excited and thankful to get to go... but the careful planner in me also wants to not pay an arm and a leg. :)

Last edited:
You should keep the room you have. There is no magic to inventory opening up--disney did not hold back rooms due to COVID, so you wouldn't see a sudden drop of new reservations like we saw with park passes.

Coronado is not a resort I would recommend at the moment because (1) bus service has been difficult in covid times, and Beach Club lets you walk/boat to two parks; and (2) Coronado has a pool capacity problem because they added the gran destino tower with no new pool, meaning all those new guests from the tower are sharing with the older resort for the pool. There have been reports of multi-hour waits to get into the pool.

Our daughter is graduating, and she chose WDW for her senior trip. We've been to WDW 6 times in the last 11 years, so I have a timeline I usually follow for summer reservations... but it is not working out for me this time! We have 6 in our party and ideally I would have liked a 2-br villa at SSR, but that is unfortunately not an option. In January I decided to just book something that was open and hope to make a change to something more reasonably priced later on, so I took a deluxe room that was available at Beach Club. It is more than I want to pay, and the new summer discount does not apply. I keep checking inventory (for something at a different resort) but nothing is coming up for a party our size during our dates. I'm trying to suck it up because it's a special trip. Two separate rooms does not save us much $ at a mod or deluxe (and in many cases it's actually more).

Today I noticed that, with the summer discount, for about the same price, I could get a 1-br in the Casitas. I do not know anything about CS at all. I would love input on folks' experiences there and whether the switch would be a good one or not... pros and cons.... thoughts and opinions.

Also, if anyone has inside info on more inventory opening up in the days and weeks ahead, I'd love some positive news! At the end of the day, we're excited and thankful to get to go... but the careful planner in me also wants to not pay an arm and a leg. :)

That's a tough one. The CSR room would be more spacious, but, as MomOTwins points out, you will not have the perk of being so close to two parks and a number of restaurants within walking distance. I, personally, would probably stick with BC just for convenience. I feel your pain on resort inventory. We prefer 2-bedroom villas and finally found one, but the dates will not work for us now and I was lucky to find a water view room at BC for our new dates. This is also the first time I have ever paid rack rate for a room as I cannot find anything in the discount inventory for our preferred resorts for our dates. I am checking every day!

Does a deluxe at Beach Club sleep 6?

Yes.

Our last WDW stay was in a Deluxe room at the Beach Club and we LOVED it. It is a beautiful and large room. However, I would absolutely NOT want to have 6 people in one. No way. While technically it has enough bed space to sleep 6, it still only has one bathroom and not nearly enough storage space for 6 people. We had 4 and I wouldn't even want one more in there, honestly.

I would absolutely get 2 rooms somewhere, even if it's more expensive. Everyone will have a much better time with more space. The money spent will be worth it. Can you rent points and get a DVC villa?

The two times things may open are 30 days before when people with packages have to cancel if they don't want to be fined, and two days before when people with just rooms have to cancel if they don't want to be fined. Make sure you look on those days!

What about AoA? It sleeps 6 and has 2 bathrooms. Even without the discount, I’m sure it’s cheaper than the other two options.

What about AoA? It sleeps 6 and has 2 bathrooms. Even without the discount, I’m sure it’s cheaper than the other two options.
You are right, it is cheaper... but not our favorite for a few reasons. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Our last WDW stay was in a Deluxe room at the Beach Club and we LOVED it. It is a beautiful and large room. However, I would absolutely NOT want to have 6 people in one. No way. While technically it has enough bed space to sleep 6, it still only has one bathroom and not nearly enough storage space for 6 people. We had 4 and I wouldn't even want one more in there, honestly.

I would absolutely get 2 rooms somewhere, even if it's more expensive. Everyone will have a much better time with more space. The money spent will be worth it. Can you rent points and get a DVC villa?

This is great info. Thanks so much. We won't spend a ton of time in the room, but the bathroom is a definite concern for me. The problem right now is that even the single rooms are so limited during our dates! I'm getting more worried about how busy it's going to be with such a shortage of rooms available. This has never been an issue for us in the past. In fact, usually I change our resort 3-4 times because I can't make up my mind!

Beach Club has my vote, one bathroom or not. That pool is amazing and love the boats to HS and EP. CS just seems so spread out to me, not sure I'd ever stay there. Oh, not to mention Beaches and Cream and Yachtsman Steakhouse.

AOA is good too, and definitely cheaper. The family suites are great and we would stay there again in a heartbeat too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter