Help please, adult picky eater

NatsFan78

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for mid September and I can make my ADR in ten days. My adult son is very picky with what he will eat, mostly chicken tenders and burgers. Will he be able to order from the kids menu even though he is 23? I understand they will still charge the cost of an adult meal. I don’t mind paying the adult meal price I just want to be sure he will be able to eat. Is there a list of which restaurants allow it and which do not? Thank you.

He shouldn't have any problems, but I think it's really up to your waiter how helpful they are.

My mom (senior adult) orders a kid's meal at nearly every table service spot she dines at without issue. We have a child under 3 and on more than one occasion, I ask if I can order "an adult size chicken tenders and fries" so I could share with him without a problem. Plus I like chicken tenders occasionally ;) They charged me more, but I also got an adult portion of it. Obviously, only at places that offer it on the kid's menu.

Thank you so much for your help, that relieves a lot of stress with meal planning! Do you know if there are any restaurants that do not allow it?

The non-Disney owned ones in Disney Springs might not allow it.

I know we were unhappy at a Wolfgang Puck restaurant there several years ago that said they didn't make alterations for allergies, DH would just have to order food unseasoned and without sauces.

We didn't know some in then-Downtown Disney weren't Disney owned, that one being one, or wouldn't have tried it.

The only place on my list for Disney Springs is T-Rex. Hopefully he can just get a plain burger there if he can’t get the chicken strips. That is crazy they would not make alterations for allergies. I would have thought all of them would do that, Disney owned or not. Thank you!

The only place on my list for Disney Springs is T-Rex. Hopefully he can just get a plain burger there if he can’t get the chicken strips. That is crazy they would not make alterations for allergies. I would have thought all of them would do that, Disney owned or not. Thank you!
My teen daughter ordered the mac & cheese off the kids menu at T-Rex, they charged her for two kids meals and gave her an adult portion

Thank you so much for your help, that relieves a lot of stress with meal planning! Do you know if there are any restaurants that do not allow it?
I've read that Via Napoli in Epcot won't allow it - it's not owned by Disney either. It's owned and operated by the Patina Group, which also owns/operates Space 220, but since the Space 220 restaurant is prix fixe, an adult pays the price of an adult meal no matter what. In the Space 220 lounge, though, guests can choose to order the entire prix fixe restaurant meal or individual items from the a la carte lounge menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter