Help picking resort, mom & 2 boys!

mollyn2boys

Earning My Ears
Hello hello!

I am getting ready to pull the trigger to take the boys for Spring Break, the last week of the 4 +3 that still includes the $200. 3/21-3/28. My boys are 4 and 7. My previous trip we stayed at Wilderness Lodge, which we loved, but I only had one kiddo at the time - and a husband to help! Needless to say I am a little nervous to do this trip by myself.

I am weighing out my options between:

- Carribean (pirate room) $1,618
- Polynesian (standard room) $2,811
(I can also save $300 but doing the contemporary)

I considered the Board Walk/Beach Club - but $200 more for the monorail seemed like the best idea.

Is the Polynesian worth the extra $$$$$? I am condsidering it because it seems like such a great deal for Spring Break, and I would not have booked it had the 3 nights not been free.

My main concerns are keeping my stress down while navigating a week of the parks with boys by myself - and also giving my 4 year old a great first disney experience.

TIA!
Molly

My opinion is that if you ever want to stay at the Polynesian, go for it now! Prices will only go up in the future and you may find that you prefer the cost of a moderate down the road.

As a single mom I have done WDW with just my 2 kids about a half dozen times. Mine were 5 and 8 on our first visit. We stayed offsite for our one and only time. Wish I had had the Poly as a choice but we went with tickets arranged through the recreation department of our township for a group.

It will be amazing wherever you stay! Just remember that there is no reason to stress about it. Enjoy and do not over plan!

My boys love CBR! I can't wait until they see the new pool! DH and I love CBR as well ~ Beautiful grounds, white sand beaches, hammocks by the lake, Caribbean music playing quietly everywhere, a relaxing tropical feel, a beautiful bridge and island, great and huge food court, friendly CM's, double sinks in the bathroom with LOTS of storage space underneath, and the LARGEST rooms of all the moderates! All that, PLUS a brand new huge zero entry pool and the new children's pirate pool. And CBR doesn't share buses with any other resorts. It’s like a vacation within a vacation, a “leave your worries at the door” kind of place! :cloud9:

With that said, we would love to try the Poly someday but I just can't justify the extra cost when CBR has everything we need.

Good luck! :goodvibes I'm sure you will enjoy the lush tropical feel of either!

My boys are 4 and 7. My previous trip we stayed at Wilderness Lodge, which we loved, but I only had one kiddo at the time - and a husband to help! Needless to say I am a little nervous to do this trip by myself.

I am weighing out my options between:

- Carribean (pirate room) $1,618
- Polynesian (standard room) $2,811
Is the Polynesian worth the extra $$$$$?

Hi Molly, Welcome to the Dis!! :) If your budget can afford it, the Poly is a great resort, very convienent to both MK & Epcot. To get to Epcot, just walk over to TTC, 5-10 min walk depending on where your room is, and take the direct Epcot monorail.

If, of course, your budget can handle it.

We love the Poly and would love to stay there again. We're pondering a spring trip too, now that the new promo is out. I think we're trying to decide between CSR and WL trying to save a few $$$.... who knows though, my DH loves:love: the Poly and may decide that is where he really wants to stay. And I of course, would not want to deprive my hard-working breadwinner of the vacation that he really wants. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Personally I'm happy :cheer2: just to be able to go, and could probably be happy wherever we stay. :cheer2: :cheer2:

If your budget allows for it, go with the Poly. It is our second favorite Disney resort (when our boys traveled with us it was their second favorite as well). First, you'll have queen beds and it is on the monorail and ticket/transportation center, great pool, food court, sit down restaurants, gift shops, lobby is stunning and we love the theme and the landscaping. We have never stayed at CBR--not us--don't like the theme and found the food court to be one of the worse on Disney property.

I'd have to say the CBR. I just couldn't justify the extra $$$ for something pretty similar (In ambiance)..

Have fun!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter