HELP!!!! Overwhelmed with hotel stuff!!! *Update*

See my post above: CCI does not and never has charged a parking fee. So does this throw CCI back into the list of contenders? Is this helping or adding more confusion to your day?? ;)
It helps lol. I am hoping we all decide on CCI today and book it. Your info about the size of the hotels helped. Also, I think that is one all 3 of us agree on.

I hope you do book it and enjoy it. (CCI gives a return guest discount, too, so you could stay again within a year!) We always have good stays there. And the location, next door to the A Mart and the 7-11 next to that, makes it so easy to grab snacks and drinks for the room or for the next day in the parks (or if you forgot to pack something).

Tropicana and Anaheim Majestic Garden...Have not stayed at either but have heard a few first and second hand reviews and I am avoiding.

Curious what you've heard on the Tropicana? We have stay coming up in May and we waivered on the hotel, but settled on the Tropicana. Reviews I have seen have been fairly good, so just curious what you've heard to make you avoid it.

You really can't go wrong with Candy Cane Inn. Sometimes it ends up being more than I want to spend for our family, but if I was splitting three ways I would have no hesitation to stay there. It is consistently one of the higher ranked favorites, and it fits your requirements: clean, comfy and safe and bonus: offers FREE BREAKFAST, FREE PARKING & FREE SHUTTLE. If they aren't booked, I'd book them in a heartbeat and be finished. Enjoy your trip wherever you end up.

Wanted to give an update since everyone was so nice at giving suggestions. We booked Candy Cane inn since it had good reviews. However, my friend's mom had Marriott points, so we canceled our reservation and stayed at the Marriott. The room was free so it saved us a lot of money. We were at the Delta Hotel Marriott. It's down on Harbor across the street from Target. It was a little far, but it wasn't really a hassle to drive like I thought it was going to be. The midday break really helped. I didn't see anyone mention that hotel on here, so I put a few pros and cons to it below

Pros:
Very nice rooms
Walking distance to Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, and Target
Area around it seemed quiet
I think there is a breakfast, but we ate inside the park
Close driving distance. Took us less than 10 minutes to get there, and maybe 5 minutes at night.

Cons:
Far down on Harbor
Shuttle is $6 a person
Parking is $25 a night and $26 for Valet

Thank you for the update! And I'm glad you mentioned this hotel -- I think it is a fairly recent addition to the Marriott lineup in the area. DH was going to stay there for business recently, but hesitated because they were doing some remodeling and because he wasn't familiar with the hotel name.

Thank you for the update! And I'm glad you mentioned this hotel -- I think it is a fairly recent addition to the Marriott lineup in the area. DH was going to stay there for business recently, but hesitated because they were doing some remodeling and because he wasn't familiar with the hotel name.
We could tell they were doing some renovations on our floor, but our room was very modern. So we must've got one that was redone. The hotel was very nice! I still think I would choose a closer location though. I think this is a good option if you want something father away that is nicer, and not near all the hustle and bustle of Disney, but still close.

We could tell they were doing some renovations on our floor, but our room was very modern. So we must've got one that was redone. The hotel was very nice! I still think I would choose a closer location though. I think this is a good option if you want something father away that is nicer, and not near all the hustle and bustle of Disney, but still close.
I think it could be a good option for business travelers who bring a spouse for a DLR visit on the side. The hotel portals don't mind this hotel because it isn't in the dreaded "Anaheim Resort" area. Lots of portals reject any hotel with the word "resort" anywhere in the description.

Wanted to give an update since everyone was so nice at giving suggestions. We booked Candy Cane inn since it had good reviews. However, my friend's mom had Marriott points, so we canceled our reservation and stayed at the Marriott. The room was free so it saved us a lot of money. We were at the Delta Hotel Marriott. It's down on Harbor across the street from Target. It was a little far, but it wasn't really a hassle to drive like I thought it was going to be. The midday break really helped. I didn't see anyone mention that hotel on here, so I put a few pros and cons to it below

Pros:
Very nice rooms
Walking distance to Red Robin, Joe's Crab Shack, and Target
Area around it seemed quiet
I think there is a breakfast, but we ate inside the park
Close driving distance. Took us less than 10 minutes to get there, and maybe 5 minutes at night.

Cons:
Far down on Harbor
Shuttle is $6 a person
Parking is $25 a night and $26 for Valet
This is my go to hotel. I started going here when it was Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove. It changed names to Delta hotel by Marriott and it was a Crown Plaza before that. They have very comfortable beds and yes they do have a breakfast but I don't usually eat there unless I book with Getawaytoday as the breakfast is free when you book with them. The breakfast is pretty good with made to order omelets, fresh made waffles, fresh fruit, breakfast meats, scrambled eggs, potatoes, danish and toast etc. but because I have a AP it makes more sense to eat in the parks and get a discount if it's not free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter