Help needed - visiting Toronto

Jets fan

DIS Veteran
Hello

Sorry to invade your boards but I need a bit of help. Myself and three friends are going to be in Toronto on 6/7/8 December and need help with a couple of things:

Where is the best place to shop for larger ladies in Toronto

Where is the best palce to get Maple Leaf Tickets as there seem to be so many places and they are soooo expensive.

We are so excited as we are all big hockey fans and go every week in the UK.

Many thanks for your help
Tina

Most of then malls have "plus sized" stores. "Laura" is one store that has three separate stores for differents sizes. Laura Petites, Laura, and Laura Plus. There are literally dozens of malls in Toronto (GTA)...you'd have to be a bit more specific about area for any specific suggestions.

My favourite mall in Toronto is Fairview, at the 404 and Sheppard Ave.

As far as Maple Leaf tickets? I'd say the best way is to look on the Air Canada Centre website. :confused3 Yes, tickets are pricey over here....we have to pay for the Centre being built!:rolleyes1

Most of then malls have "plus sized" stores. "Laura" is one store that has three separate stores for differents sizes. Laura Petites, Laura, and Laura Plus. There are literally dozens of malls in Toronto (GTA)...you'd have to be a bit more specific about area for any specific suggestions.

My favourite mall in Toronto is Fairview, at the 404 and Sheppard Ave.

As far as Maple Leaf tickets? I'd say the best way is to look on the Air Canada Centre website. :confused3 Yes, tickets are pricey over here....we have to pay for the Centre being built!:rolleyes1

I agree with the fact that ticket prices are expensive here. The only other way to get tickets I believe if they don't have any at the Rogers Center would be to buy from a scalper. Then again,you will still pay a premium price.

Hope you have a good time!

There are tons of malls but the two biggest in Toronto is the Eatons Centre and Yorkdale. I personally like Yorkdale the best.

As for hockey tickets there are no bargain tickets. The only way you can get a deal is if you know someone. I'm surprised you even found some on sale.

Have a great trip.

tina, are you staying in a downtown hotel? Then, the best place for you to go clothes shopping is in the Eaton Centre. There is a large Sears department store there as well as several smaller boutiques and you will be able to find plus-sized clothing.

Hockey tickets to see the Maple Leafs are unfortunately VERY expensive. If you are staying at a downtown hotel, I would suggest having the concierge at the hotel do their best to obtain tickets for you. You could buy from scalpers but that will set you back a bundle!!

Have fun here in Toronto!

Thanks for all of your help. We are now planning on going to the Eaton Centre as they seem to have lots of the shops I need to do my Christmas Shopping.

I have a friend in Switzerland whose brother used to play in the NHL and he is seeing what he can do for hockey tickets, otherwise we will contact the hotel we are staying at and speak to the concierge.

Am soooo excited so many thanks for your help:thumbsup2
Tina

Hi there,

Just another note about plus-sized clothes. I have a hard time finding anything at the Eaton Center.

There are a few other stores you should try though. There is a big Addition-Elle Store on Yonge Street downtown, near the Eaton Center. You can also find lots of Reitmans, Laura Plus, Penningtons, Ricki's (up to size 18) and Voluptuous stores around the city. The last two are my favourite.

Have fun!

Tina, I hope you have a great time in Toronto!

For Leafs tickets...
1) Official ticket seller is ticketmaster.ca
2) Try Air Canada Centre on the morning of the game
3) Go to the Leafs' website & sign up for The Last Minute Club (under "Tickets")
4) Go to an online re-seller like stubhub.com

I see you will be there Dec 6-8th. The Leafs play Washington on the 6th & New York Islanders on the 8th. Since the Washington game is on a Saturday night, is the better team & has a bona fide "star" (Ovechkin), the tickets will be harder to get & more expensive.

Since the Islanders are the worst team in the conference & it's Monday night...if you just want to experience an NHL game...it will be the better bet. I saw balcony seats on stubhub.com for $40 each.

I also think you can do lots of fun things to do in the city on a Saturday night and less on a Monday night. So I would keep Saturday open & go to the Monday night game.

As for shopping, I can't really help you. But the the main Shopping areas for clothing are the Eatons' Centre, Bloor St West (Bloor/Yonge) & Yorkville (just north of Bloor/Yonge). Queen St West & Kensington Market are good for vintage clothing shops.

Happy Travels!! :goodvibes

I would second the Addition-Elle store that is located south of Eaton Centre, on Yonge Street, about 2 blocks south of Queen Street. It's their largest store in Toronto, and has the entire collection.

If you are planning to rent a vehicle for your stay, then there are outlet stores for Addition-Elle and Laura Plus. Both are located in Mississauga (near Mavis Road and Hwy 403) in a shopping area called Heartland Town Centre, which has many outlet stores.

Have a wonderful trip!

Hi

Have just looked at the wesbite for Addition-elle, what great clothes and such good prices, compared to the UK.

Thanks for all of your help

Tina

I forgot to mention that if you're looking for cheap basics like t-shirts and tank tops, you might also want to check Wal-Mart as they have a plus-sized section. The closest Wal-Mart to downtown Toronto is at Dufferin Mall, which is about 2 blocks south of the Dufferin subway station on the Bloor-Danforth line (www.ttc.ca.

It's been a while since I was last at Dufferin Mall, but I believe there is a Voluptuous boutique there, and there is a Pennington's store located there as well. You will also be able to find some plus-sized fashions, shoes and accessories at Winners (which has multiple locations in addition to the one at Dufferin Mall).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!