Help needed on dropping day on UHP Passes

WDWorBUST

DIS Veteran
I am considering doing the basic package for a discount the entire length of stay and getting the hotel I want in December. However we won't get to the resort until 6pm or later (All Star Sports) and we will leave by 3pm on our last day. What I really wanted to do was drop the first and last day on our UHP's but they told me there was no official policy on this that it was at the discretion of the front desk clerk at the time of check-in. How are you ever supposed to make plans with no official policy. So I have seen that most people don't have any trouble getting these dropped but has anyone NOT gotten the first or last or both days dropped from an UHP??

Thanks!
Amanda

When you say the basic package, do you mean the room-only rate or the one that includes LOS passes? If the tickets are included, you can't drop days. If the tickets aren't included and you buy them separately, you can drop days, but you can't buy them over the phone. Just buy the tickets you want when you arrive at your hotel.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear - the "basic" Disney Club package with room only and mini-golf. I can't get the discount for the one day only at the end of my stay. I have heard repeatedly that you can drop the first and last day of an UHP if you purchase them at the resort once you arrive - but since they won't state an official policy of doing this it makes me nervous. So what I was wondering is if anyone has ever tried this and been denied. I would be REALLY mad if I got there and they decided I couldn't drop any and I would have to buy PHP's. My husband insists on the flexibility of the UHP or I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks Again!
Amanda

Bump on this.

Would like to see the answer on this since I'm also interested in dropping both first and last day.

As long as you wait to buy your UHP until you check in you won't have a problem. I NEVER SAW anyone post a problem. You won't be protected against any increase in price. BTW I'm not so sure UHP is the best deal, I was able to buy a 5 day PH with 4 plus features for less than a 5 day UHP. I don't think I'd normally use all 4 plus options and if for some reason I don't do a park I can use the unused day on a future visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter