Help needed - I Phones

TotallyAngelic

Disney Addict
Help needed from I-Phone using friends. DD Taryn wants to get an IPhone but doesn't have a lot of cash to spare monthly. The cheaper deals seem to be with the IPhone 3GS ... is there any benefit to the IPhone 4 above the IPhone 3GS. Also is the 3 network any good as this seems to have good deals for unlimited internet which is what she would need.

I can get a good deal with an NHS discount with Orange ( I think ) ... would cost £29 per month for 1GB internet plus Wifi, unlimited calls and texts .... is that a good deal ????? Only problem is I would have to get one and then get one for Taryn on same deal. Do I really need one is the question ??????

Any advice re IPhones and networks gratefully received as I don't have a clue. Thanks.

In truth there's not a lot of difference between the 3 and 4, Sarah, although the 4 is slicker and has a few more features. My problem would be with the 3 network, as round here it's still rubbish and I know people who have regretted the decision to take it.

Mike

Wait a week before deciding anything, when the new iPhone is announced this week the 4 will have the same ish sort of deals you've been seeing the 3GS have :)

:goodvibes

Wait a week before deciding anything, when the new iPhone is announced this week the 4 will have the same ish sort of deals you've been seeing the 3GS have :)

:goodvibes

That!

Although you do not pay nearly as much for the phone as you do for your data plan. I would try to spend the little extra and get the most current device. And now with iCloud I would sacrifice the memory for a better generation. You will be stuck with it for at least two years regardless. As developers create apps they need more speed to run them. If you are purchasing a phone that is two years old now it will be four years old before you can upgrade. It will be difficult to run a lot of the current apps on a phone that has a four year old processor.

Just my opinion.

Any thoughts on T-Mobile .... can get an I phone for £26 per month, unlimited internet, unlimited texts, unlimited T-mobile calls and 2000 mins other networks. Plus £100 cashback via Quidco. Have to pay £29 up front though but it works out a good deal I think. Is it true T-Mobile and Orange share networks aswell.

I would choose an iPhone 4 over a 3GS... The 4 is physically different looking and although no real difference in software, I always prefer to buy a newer model. The iPhone 5 is coming out really soon, so when it does, iPhone 4s will get a lot cheaper.

Ive just got a 4s while in Orlando so my 3GS is going on eBay when I get back if you're not too bothered about a new one?. 3 sim only contracts start at £6.90 a month, that's what I've just knocked my contract back down to. Decided it was better long term if I just buy myself a new phone and stick to sim only contract :)

Yeah wait for iPhone 5 to come out as the others will come down in price. O2 offer £75 bill credit to NHS employees. Sorry if that adds to concussion.

went for the T-mobile deal in the end ... seemed a good deal and she needed the phone right away so not able to wait for better deals late on. thanks for all the advice : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts