Help needed! Disneyland with rain + schedule?

ilusionista

Earning My Ears
So I will be in Anaheim next week, from tuesday 17 to and leaving on sunday 22. Tuesday I will arrive in car like at 10 AM, so I wont be tired or anything (counts as a full day).

We want to visit DL, DCA, and Universal Studios, plus visit Hollywood and other parts of downtown LA that might be interesting.

Now we've seen that it will possibly rain on wednesday and maybe tuesday, don't know if on thursday too or not (let's hoope not).

How would you schedule the plan with the rain in the middle? Is it worth it to go to a park wtih rain?

We were planning to do DCA on tuesday, DL on wednesday and US on thursday, and then go visit on friday a while to maybe see the fireworks in DL, but with the rain we don't know what to do.

Tl;Dr I will visit DL and DCA and don't know how to schedule my vacation plan with the rain in the middle (taking into account the crowd levels, etc)

Thank you veryyyyy much!

first time I ever went to Disneyland it rained. Grab or bring a poncho. Lines will be shorter because most people leave when it rains. Enjoy the lower crowds. Also enjoy the park!

It rained on us last year at the end of January/first of February pretty steady the first day. We wore jackets that were water resistant that had hoods and enclosed shoes. They worked pretty good. Really it was the feet that more of the issue than anything. I recommend changing out at least socks during the day to help keep your feet dry and warm. If you can change out shoes if they get soaked, even better. The lines were shorter with the rain but my DS5 never complained.

Rain is a good thing!! Especially if you are looking for lower crowds. We were there in October and it rained a day and a half. The full day it poured all day and we rode rides and didn't have to get off, just stayed on and rode again. We rode around 30 rides that day alone!!

My only fear is that some attractions get closed due to rain, especially with DCA that has California Screaming and the Mickey Wheel, does this happen?

I will be there for a week around the Tinkerbell Half Marathon...as far as I'm concerned it can rain all day every day as long as it doesn't rain during the race! [fingers crossed]:laughing:

My only fear is that some attractions get closed due to rain, especially with DCA that has California Screaming and the Mickey Wheel, does this happen?

Heavy rain can effect Fantasmic, wind can effect the Fireworks and Fantasmic. This can mean part of the show is not done or the shows are cancelled. World of Color is effected very little by weather.

What happens in the event of inclement weather?
In the event of inclement weather during your visit to the Disneyland Resort, most attractions and indoor shows will continue to operate. For the safety and comfort of our Guests and Cast, some outdoor attractions may temporarily close until the inclement weather passes. These attractions may include:

Disneyland Park

•Alice in Wonderland
•Dumbo the Flying Elephant
•Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
•The Mad Tea Party
•Gadget's Go Coaster
•Parade Schedules
Please visit City Hall on Main Street, U.S.A. during your visit for updated information.

Disney California Adventure Park

•Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
•Show and Parade Schedules
Please visit the Guest Relations Lobby during your visit for updated information.

I am assuming it would have to be extremely bad weather. The rain we had was literally sheets and sheets of rain. Many inches fell in the one day and nothing closed due to the weather.

@skiing - Fantasmic is closed through most of Feb anyways due to the sailing ship Columbia refurb, so probably a moot point for that. Firework might be a problem. We're going first week in Feb and I'm totally bummed about Fantasmic though.

Just replying to the rain part...
On our trip in Dec 2010 it poured one evening and rained on & off before that but we actually loved it! The crowds were quite low (& believe me....it was insane at that time of year :scared1:)....we walked on every ride. It was awesome! Fantasmic WAS cancelled but we caught it another night. I think the fireworks were too but we had not planned on catching them that night. I don't remember anything else closing though. We wore hoodys but we bought umbrellas in the park & stayed dry that way. It makes me smile every time it rains & I am able to whip out my DL umbrella! Great memories & funnily enough....a great souvenier! :rotfl: But as one poster mentioned above....make sure that you wear proper footwear. I had baby pink Converses on & not only were my feet soaked to the bone, my shoes were garbage after that. Just roll with it, be prepared & you will have a great time anyways! :thumbsup2

I just checked the weather for our trip next week and saw this. 30% chance of rain!!!!

So first, WoC cancellation, and now rain!!!

I am crossing my fingers that the chance of rain goes down. I'm ok with some rain specially on Friday, so locals and AP holders can decide not to come - as long as it stops in the afternoon/evening so we can watch WoC and not get wet!!!

*cross fingers...

I just checked the weather for our trip next week and saw this. 30% chance of rain!!!!

So first, WoC cancellation, and now rain!!!

I am crossing my fingers that the chance of rain goes down. I'm ok with some rain specially on Friday, so locals and AP holders can decide not to come - as long as it stops in the afternoon/evening so we can watch WoC and not get wet!!!

*cross fingers...

I wouldn't worry too much, when the forecast looks like that, it means you will get a little bit of rain, enough to make the crowds go down, but it doesn't look at all like it will be one of those all day long, hard rains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter