help, need instructions on applique

ChevyNat

DIS Veteran
I've been looking at some incredible appliqué creations on this board... I'm trying to find out how to make them... They are appliqué of characters made with fabric... how do you do that... just with practice? Is there a link that tells you how to do it!!!! Please help me! My DD wants some like that!!! ha!

Aliceclup.jpg

this is something like I would like to do.... maybe a princess... but like this... how do you do this... I can't find a response anywhere...

TeresaJoy made a page full of links and there are appliqué instructions on there:

http://www.mybookmarks.com/public/teresajoy

Basically, it is like paper piecing. I have only done Mickey heads (with and without bows) but with practice it is pretty easy. You take a pattern and cut out pieces of the fabric. I use stabilizer under the t-shirt and sew around the fabric pieces with a zig zag stitch. Let me know if I can be more help!

Well I was going to show you two I had made but photobucket is down. I'll try later.

Oh Photobucket is working now. The first one I just got the Mickey head pattern that is here:

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/disboutique/fabric%20n%20patterns%20n%20ideas/?start=280

And then cut out the fabric and stitched around with the zig zag stitch:

100_1550.jpg

They I got adventurous and drew a bandanna free hand and made this:

100_1558.jpg

And I tried a bow and made this:

100_1576.jpg

As you can see, everything is pretty simple. Haven't made it up to the hard designs but I am working on something now that is more challenging. Please let me know if you need any help!

Those are great... I will have to try something like that first too... Thank's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter