Help! My mom froze an (unopened can) of Pillsbury dough

moon

DIS Veteran
It's the crusty french bread. The can says "do not freeze"

It's frozen solid.

Can it be used? How? will it taste the same?

I've read round and some say that as it thaws it will explode! :eek:

I guess I'll give it a try. As long as it doesn't explode...

Thaw it and give it a shot. It's a can of Pillsbury dough. What's the worst that could happen? If it doesn't taste good, pitch it.

My police officer BIL almost shot a hole in my refrigerator when a can of biscuits exploded on one of the door shelves. We were on vacation, and he agreed to stop by the house from time to time to check on things. He came in on one of his checks and found the refrigerator door open. It was a very old refrigerator with the freezer on top behind a separate door from the full-length refrigerator door. The frost had built up so much in the freezer that it popped open the freezer door, which popped open the refrigerator door. His back was to the inside of the refrigerator and when the can exploded, he whirled around with his gun drawn, ready for anything. Luckily he didn't shoot, but he did (bless his heart!) come over on his day off and defrosted my freezer!

I got a self-defrosting refrigerator/freezer soon after that!

Queen Colleen

Last week I tossed a old can of unopened biscuits in the trash can under my sink, couple of hours later, when the can heated up a little it exploded. We were watching TV and then BANG!! Husband went to check the trash and the biscuits had actually blown a hole in the plastic can...glad no one was around when it blew!!

UPDATE

It didn't explode.

I pit it in the fridge to thaw. Then to the oven it went.

It was OK, maybe a little rubbery, but I don't know if that is normal with this bread (never tried it before)

Thanks for the replies :)

PS. I tried to edit the title on the OP to add "update", but was unable to edit the title. I guess you can't do that anymore

She tried to use the can, but it exploded as soon as she took it out of the freezer. There was dough everywhere! I WAS THERE!

150204201217-nbcs-brian-williams-apologizes-for-iraq-attack-story-00000000-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter