HELP! My baby needs a nursery

princess_sexton

Mouseketeer
I am expecting a new baby and a new home in march ( or at least that is what the builder keeps telling me:confused3). I had initially wanted a nursery for the baby to be its own wdw. I was going to paint murals of rides around the room. Then decided maybe go with a movie theater design and put up posters and big star lamps from disney all-star resorts. BUT now have trying to register i decided on most of my decor will be rainforest. So here is my question to you: Can you tie disney into the rainforest??

I havent found out the gender yet of the baby, so I was thinking maybe sticking with the posters and for a boy go with attraction posters from adventureland.

Now, a girl on other hand is a little harder. Maybe, do the new pixies as a theme? Not real sure....please give me some ideas!!!!:yay:

Have you thought about turning it into Animal Kingdom?
All those movies - bug's life, Lion Kings, Dinosaur...Safari Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald.
If you lived closer, I'd come by and help you do the walls.

I have actually registered for all the fisher price stuff...it was too cute to pass up. I had thought about doing the jungle book...but the lamp and toy box are great!! Thanks.....whatdo you think about for a girl though?? I think jungle book is too boyish? i dont know! Thanks for your ideas... when i decide i will post some pics!

I don't think it would be to boyish. If it is a girl add some tropical flowers to the paintings etc. and accent the room with bright pinks and oranges. I think the Jungle Book theme could work for either a boy or girl all depending on the accessories.:thumbsup2

I did Classic Pooh because it could be used for either. Since it was a boy we stuck with blues and greens. If it had been a girl we would have added in pinks! And this way if we decide to have another we can just change out the green for pink if we happen to get a girl. And don't forget those ultrasound can be wrong... We had some friends that were supposed to be having a girl and did the room all up in pink and purple and guess what it came out a he... They had to completely redo the room. This way you could just change a few accessories...

Thanks Mickeywannabe for the link to the disney store...i actually went to the outlets and got the baloo toybox at 50 % Off:banana: plus a hanging moglee toy keeper for 6 bucks and wall stickers for 5!!!

I now have another question for you. I am looking for a dumbo stamp for a different nursery. Do you have any idea where to get one? I have looked at michaels and other craft stores...no luck. hmmm, also tried ebay. any ohter suggestions?

Thanks Mickeywannabe for the link to the disney store...i actually went to the outlets and got the baloo toybox at 50 % Off:banana: plus a hanging moglee toy keeper for 6 bucks and wall stickers for 5!!!

I now have another question for you. I am looking for a dumbo stamp for a different nursery. Do you have any idea where to get one? I have looked at michaels and other craft stores...no luck. hmmm, also tried ebay. any ohter suggestions?

Thoes are great deals! Got to love the outlets!

What kind of stamp are you looking for? I did a google search for dumbo stamp and all I came up with is the dumbo postage stamp... :confused3

I haven't seen a wall/paint type stamp of dumbo (like the Mickey ones sold at Home Depot). You could make a stencil. Just find a drawing of Dumbo you like and cut it out of heavy plastic. Then use a sponge to pounce the image on the wall.

When I did my little ones nursery I took a picture of the comforter and projected it up on the wall and traced/painted it.
Here is how it turned out.
DSC03150.jpg

There are more pictures of his nursery in this thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1529407

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter