HELP!!!!!! More Disney Dreams to fulfill! 09/04 Exciting news!

:wave: Karin!

I am so happy to see you've booked a 2013 Cruise!:cool1:

Eastern Caribbean Cruise and Disneyland!!!! (my FAVORITE!!):love: WTG!!!

Is is all SO very EXCITING!!!:goodvibes

Oh and you added a night in a Royal Room to your Feb trip? Does this mean more WDW days? :thumbsup2

I'm sorry to be terribly behind. I am devastated by losing Gracie so unexpectedly - and have had hard time getting back into the swing of things....oh, and some darn cold managed to track me down and stick around for, so far,10 days. GEESH!!!

ETA: Boy, I'm further behind than I thought!!:eek: Read the entire thread and did not even realize until now that this is my first post!!:guilty: You've been to Paris:cheer2:, booked some very exciting Disney Resort stays: Royal Room River View:yay: AND CR Atrium MK view!!!:dance3:

I am just SO HAPPY for you and Tom!!!!:grouphug: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

With all the time you'll be spending at WDW, ya think I could manage to get there for a couple of the same days!?! :rotfl: :rolleyes1

Christine, NO problem about falling behind, I KNOW you had other things on your mind and you are here now! :woohoo:

Yip, we have been to DLRP and I intend to post that trip report this weekend, and we have been pretty busy planning for the next two years.
I cannot wait to see that Royal Guest room, especially now that they gave me a nice 35% discount! :rotfl2: ...... and then staying at BLT!!!
And Tom treats us both to the CR Concierge stay! I pretty often open the WDW website and check if my reservation is still there1 :rotfl2:

And since you mentioned it ...... I wonder if you COULD make it to Disney in August/September? ;)

Congrats on all of your planning and getting your cruise paid! :woohoo:

I was going to suggest the Eastern cruise too. If you have a chance to see Napa & Monterey, then you should take it! I live in northern California, so of course I am partial, but the timing of the trip sounded better to me in general.

Thank you! :hug:

It has been 6 years since we last were in California and all those areas are our favourite places! I just LOVE Napa, San Francisco, Monterey and Santa Barbara - and I don't even mention how much we love Disneyland - the place that started it all and the place I fell in love with all things Disney!
I just needed a bit of reassurance that the coast to coast was a "good" thing! :lmao:

I know all about the peace of mind too. For my 2 NCL cruises I have taken, we fly the day of the cruise and both times had delays. Now I have to fly in a day earlier. I pray out luggage makes it as well ,but I guess if it didn't. at least we could pick up a few things with the extra time.

Exactly what I was thinking ..... two many things can go wrong. It will be cold and lots of snow and we could get out of here late. So changing flights and flying out early was the better choice! :thumbsup2

Wow Karin, three tickers....:thumbsup2

Good idea on changing the flights. Don't want to arrive and have no swimsuit!

Yeah, I am so proud of my three tickers! :rotfl2: ;) Gives me something REALLY wonderful to look forward too!
No swimsuits at CC??????? No way ....... that's why we left our swimsuits in our owner's locker! :lmao: :thumbsup2
But no nicer clothes for our visit to Palo would be NO fun!

Karin! I'm so excited for you!:banana::banana: I would have encouraged you to do the Eastern and more Cali time, but you're already there!!! :thumbsup2 We will have moved to Arizona by then and will have season DLR passes, so maybe we will be able to meet up!!!! :woohoo:

I see I missed your trip to DLP so I can't wait to see your pics. I would love to visit all the DL's some day - it's on my bucket list. Although I think I will boycott China because of the way they treat their citizens and baby girls.:sad2: Anyway, I'm happy you got to go, and for your upcoming trips! Looks like you will be eating at the Wave for sure, now I'll bet!:thumbsup2

I am happy to see that you would have voted for the Eastern Caribbean as well! :thumbsup2
Oh, and a DISmeet would be wonderful! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe we could meet in 2013! :love:

The trip report for DLRP is in the works, I hope to post it this weekend!
Visiting all the DLs would be awesome ....... but the US ones have us in their grip! :rotfl2:

Christine, NO problem about falling behind, I KNOW you had other things on your mind and you are here now! :woohoo:

Yip, we have been to DLRP and I intend to post that trip report this weekend, and we have been pretty busy planning for the next two years.
I cannot wait to see that Royal Guest room, especially now that they gave me a nice 35% discount! :rotfl2: ...... and then staying at BLT!!!
And Tom treats us both to the CR Concierge stay! I pretty often open the WDW website and check if my reservation is still there1 :rotfl2:

And since you mentioned it ...... I wonder if you COULD make it to Disney in August/September? ;)

Thank you! :hug:

It has been 6 years since we last were in California and all those areas are our favourite places! I just LOVE Napa, San Francisco, Monterey and Santa Barbara - and I don't even mention how much we love Disneyland - the place that started it all and the place I fell in love with all things Disney!
I just needed a bit of reassurance that the coast to coast was a "good" thing! :lmao:

Karin, I just wrote a long reply...then zip...gone!!

The gist of it was this:

Thank you - you're so sweet.:hug:

:cool1: for Napa and DL - my very fave Disney park. LOVE CA - lived there as a kid.

CR CL: All I can say is that Tom is a very special brother!!! :goodvibes

The August/Sept heat is awful (hate it), but I'd give it go for you!:thumbsup2 Thing is that I care for Princess Sophia and that time of year is next to impossible for Mia to get a few days off.:sad2:
I did carefully look at your Feb dates - looks like one ngt pre-cruise and 2 post cruise? Now, if it was 3 together, It would be pretty easy to talk myself into a 3 ngt getaway.:rotfl:

Now, I do have a Southwest ticket that must be used before December 2012...sooo....maybe there is some planning I should consider?!?!?:rolleyes1

As for the Eastern Caribbean - Karin, you did GOOD!!!:dance3:

Looking forward to some fun reading this weekend! ::yes::

So happy for you...can't believe that you have your trips all booked through 2013! :woohoo: Amazing! :thumbsup2 Now, how about some planning for you February trip? :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Hi Karin

had to come over and check our ur PTR of all PTR's. HURRAY for so many fun trips planned!!! Congrats also on ur DVC purchase. Can;t wai tto hear all ur fun plans ans check out ur TR from DLP!!!

Soo exciting all these vacations to plan !!Carol and I plan on 4 Free Trips next year !!We will of course do the Elvis In Lake George as that has sort of grown on us !!The Hotel is great, the area restaurants are fantastic and just like Disney we learn new things to do every trip, Trip #2 we hope will be Cape Cod , #3 Universal and of course #4 is Disney . The date sare to be determined but Universal and Disney we want to be in May or September !!

Karin, I just wrote a long reply...then zip...gone!!

The gist of it was this:

Thank you - you're so sweet.:hug:

:cool1: for Napa and DL - my very fave Disney park. LOVE CA - lived there as a kid.

CR CL: All I can say is that Tom is a very special brother!!! :goodvibes

The August/Sept heat is awful (hate it), but I'd give it go for you!:thumbsup2 Thing is that I care for Princess Sophia and that time of year is next to impossible for Mia to get a few days off.:sad2:
I did carefully look at your Feb dates - looks like one ngt pre-cruise and 2 post cruise? Now, if it was 3 together, It would be pretty easy to talk myself into a 3 ngt getaway.:rotfl:

Now, I do have a Southwest ticket that must be used before December 2012...sooo....maybe there is some planning I should consider?!?!?:rolleyes1

As for the Eastern Caribbean - Karin, you did GOOD!!!:dance3:

Looking forward to some fun reading this weekend! ::yes::

Christine, I do know about writing long responses and then "voila" it's eaten by the internet. But thanks for the gist! ;)

Tell me about the August/September heat ;)! I only suggested it, because we will have a lot more time then, than in February.
We arrive pretty late on the first day, will only arrive around midday after the cruise and only have one full day, before we have to head to the airport in the early afternoon on the next day. BUT, one day we will make it work ..... and if we have to come and see YOU! :rotfl2: I always wanted to see Savannah anyway ....... :rotfl2:

Don't you need your Southwest ticket for the big birthday trip with Rosie? I would hate for you to miss that special trip! ;)

And we are really happy with our Eastern Caribbean now booked. Especially since Teresa and Mick are coming as well. Now on to talking some more DISers into it! :rotfl2:

I will try and post part 1 of our DLRP trip tonight ...... :rolleyes1

So happy for you...can't believe that you have your trips all booked through 2013! :woohoo: Amazing! :thumbsup2 Now, how about some planning for you February trip? :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Thank you, Tina! :hug:
I knew you would understand ..... and I am SO happy to have all my ducks in a row for 2012 and 2013. I actually checked out at what rate my favourite California hotels go right now and it IS okay, so we should check into some wonderful favourites!

Now, since you mention February 2013 ........ I actually did book a cruise for that half term week! :rotfl2:
But since we are not quite sure (yet), if we can make it or not, I didn't really include it in the trips "to be". ;)
Care for a fun cruise in February 2013

Hi Karin

had to come over and check our ur PTR of all PTR's. HURRAY for so many fun trips planned!!! Congrats also on ur DVC purchase. Can;t wai tto hear all ur fun plans ans check out ur TR from DLP!!!

Hi Mary,
it's an honour to have you here and play along in the planning game! :thumbsup2

I don't know how we got so lucky to have so many trips planned, Uncle Walt must really like us! :hug:
Guess what, I think, Tom and I were the ones most surprised when we signed the DCL contract! :rotfl2: For years we said it was not for us and then we were so easily sold. :lmao: But it really makes sense, and we cannot wait to stay at BLT in February.
Mary, I am so happy you chose OKW for your upcoming trip with Kathy - we LOVE that resort (not our home resort though :laughing:) It's so laid back and has such a community feel instead of a hotel feel. :thumbsup2

DLRP trip report should be started today! :woohoo:

Soo exciting all these vacations to plan !!Carol and I plan on 4 Free Trips next year !!We will of course do the Elvis In Lake George as that has sort of grown on us !!The Hotel is great, the area restaurants are fantastic and just like Disney we learn new things to do every trip, Trip #2 we hope will be Cape Cod , #3 Universal and of course #4 is Disney . The date sare to be determined but Universal and Disney we want to be in May or September !!

Oh my god, Rosie, all your trips sound like so much fun ........ but I was missing the cruise :confused3 when is that going to be?

yey to three trips in the planning :woohoo: you done good on swapping your booking and securing the fantasy for 2013 :thumbsup2 we have a fantasy 2012 trip in the planning also. You are better to have too much as too little time in the airport way to stressful to miss a flight or even worse have no luggage when you arrive :scared1:

Christine, I do know about writing long responses and then "voila" it's eaten by the internet. But thanks for the gist! ;)

Tell me about the August/September heat ;)! I only suggested it, because we will have a lot more time then, than in February.
We arrive pretty late on the first day, will only arrive around midday after the cruise and only have one full day, before we have to head to the airport in the early afternoon on the next day. BUT, one day we will make it work ..... and if we have to come and see YOU! :rotfl2: I always wanted to see Savannah anyway ....... :rotfl2:

Savannah is fabulous...wish I lived closer! I'd meet you there in a heartbeat...of course, you are always welcome to visit us in NC! ;)

Heck, I am not totally opposed to an Aug/Sept trip (was there Aug of 2008 when Mia was on maternity leave)...I'll put my Disney finagling, oops, thinking cap on. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Don't you need your Southwest ticket for the big birthday trip with Rosie? I would hate for you to miss that special trip! ;)

Oh, the birthday trip is no longer happening. Rosie has lots of wonderful free trips going on next year! :cheer2:

And we are really happy with our Eastern Caribbean now booked. Especially since Teresa and Mick are coming as well. Now on to talking some more DISers into it! :rotfl2: Guess that might be called the icing on the cake?! Too bad I am so afraid of heights and deep water:eek: :cool1:

I will try and post part 1 of our DLRP trip tonight ...... :rolleyes1

Ready to read! :surfweb: (hmm...maybe I should plan a DLRP trip when you and Tom could go for the weekend too.:yay: p.s. I am serious.)

:rotfl2: Just realized I got your trips all mixed up :confused3...I was congratulating you and Tom (and his being such a generous brother) for the nigts at CR Atrium, but thought that was Feb...nope...that is next August! :rotfl:

So, when my head stops spinning and IF I can figure it all out, ;) will try to hold some days during your 2012 Aug/Sept visit.:thumbsup2 Let me know if some days are better than others..so far.. ;)

yey to three trips in the planning :woohoo: you done good on swapping your booking and securing the fantasy for 2013 :thumbsup2 we have a fantasy 2012 trip in the planning also. You are better to have too much as too little time in the airport way to stressful to miss a flight or even worse have no luggage when you arrive :scared1:

I cannot believe that we are more or less already set for 2013 as well! :lmao:

And even though our flight changes will mean that we are stuck in Frankfurt for a few hours I feel much better that we have ample time for the stopover - more than once WE have made the plane but our luggage did not. So that way, we should be on a "safer" side! ;)

:woohoo: for going on the Fantasy as well .... are you doing an Eastern or Western Caribbean? I hope you do a review as well! :thumbsup2

Ready to read! :surfweb: (hmm...maybe I should plan a DLRP trip when you and Tom could go for the weekend too.:yay: p.s. I am serious.)

:rotfl2: Just realized I got your trips all mixed up :confused3...I was congratulating you and Tom (and his being such a generous brother) for the nigts at CR Atrium, but thought that was Feb...nope...that is next August! :rotfl:

So, when my head stops spinning and IF I can figure it all out, ;) will try to hold some days during your 2012 Aug/Sept visit.:thumbsup2 Let me know if some days are better than others..so far.. ;)

I did lots of typing yesterday, Christine, so you should expect some reading material today! ;)

I think I didn't explain the Savannah thing ...... :lmao: ......... we have a friend in Raleigh, NC and he invited us to visit him. So we have been thinking on and off about making a trip to Raleigh (preferably from Florida ;)) and while on the way I WANT to see Savannah, so I guess I only communicated half of it! :rotfl2:

Don't worry about getting things mixed up ....... so do I :laughing: ......... and then I haven't really had time to give a "breakdown" of the individual trips. So, yes, CR is in August and BLT is in February. Can't wait for either. I never even DREAMED about staying at BLT and being able to visit the Top of the World lounge and now we are going there in a little under 4 months!! :woohoo:
And the CR with a MK view has always been a dream for both of us! So, when the inheritance came in Tom vowed that he would treat us to the CR room. We are booked and ever so often I pull up the reservation and look at it, as it is still so unbelievable that we will stay there! :love:
As for the summer, any time we are in Orlando would be fine. But there is still lots of time to make plans! :thumbsup2

Okay, and would you believe it, I have FINALLY typed some of our DLRP trip report and am able to at least get it started! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So, here we go ...........

Better late, than never - Part 1

Friday, Oct 7, was a Friday like many others, but then it was not. It meant that by the end of the day we would be in Paris.
Tom started his day very early, around 4am to be able to get home in time. My Fridays only start at 10am, so I got the last few items we wanted to take ready and made my way to school.
My school day ended at around 1.45pm and I called Tom, who had just gotten off of work. So I told him that on the way home I would pick up some ham and rolls to make sandwiches for the trip while he would start lunch. When I got home lunch was ready and we sat down to enjoy it. Then, after cleaning up the dining room and kitchen we packed the last few things, Tom got everything ready for Pixie to be taken care of and we prepared our sandwiches. Later than what we had planned we closed the door behind us, loaded everything into the car and off we went.
Our airport usually is a 20 minute drive, but Friday afternoon is a busy time, so we hoped there wouldn't be too much of a traffic jam. Luckily traffic was just heavy but never came to a standstill and half an hour later we finally arrived at the airport, pulled into the charter parking lot and parked the car.
From the parking lot it is about a minute's walk to the main terminal and we quickly made our way to the check in counters. I had done online check-in the day before and so we only had to drop off our suitcase. Only one couple ahead of us, so that was a breeze. Once we only had our hand luggage to take care of, we walked back to the ATM and got some cash before walking through security. A quick walk through the duty free shop and then we found a seat at our gate.
I checked messages on the DIS and before we knew it, it was time to board the plane. We started rolling right on time and about a minute later we stopped again and were informed that we had to wait for our "slot" to be assigned.

IMG_2905.jpg

I was trying not to panic, but we only had an hour and a half at Frankfurt airport, and very often planes arrive delayed and then you have to cross this HUGE airport to get to your next gate. No fun! Luckily we only sat on the plane for about 10 minutes and then we were off.

IMG_2907.jpg

Once we had reached cruising altitude we were served our little snack,

IMG_2909.jpg

a Milka Tender. Milka is the brand name, Tender is the name of this particular snack.

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

It's a little Swiss roll, filled with vanilla cream and covered in delicious, creamy milk chocolate. Since we had that nice snack we both ordered coffee to go with it.

IMG_2910.jpg

Well, it was like every airline coffee, hot dark coloured water with no taste. Add milk and sugar and you have very thin sweetened hot milk. Yuck! The Tender made up for it though.

We arrived in Frankfurt

IMG_2915.jpg

about 5 minutes later than scheduled and since we had a parking position that was far off the airport we were transported to the main building by bus. Takes about 10 minutes to be driven up and down the airport and then finally we arrived at our destination.

I did lots of typing yesterday, Christine, so you should expect some reading material today! ;)

You get the best snacks on your flights! You've landed in Frankfurt!:yay: Ready for the next installment (of course.:rotfl2:).

I think I didn't explain the Savannah thing ...... :lmao: ......... we have a friend in Raleigh, NC and he invited us to visit him. So we have been thinking on and off about making a trip to Raleigh (preferably from Florida ;)) and while on the way I WANT to see Savannah, so I guess I only communicated half of it! :rotfl2:

Ahhh...well, that makes sense! We are just an hour from Raleigh :teeth: and about 5 from Savannah...I know of a couple of great B&B's, both very nice, one very affordable - both in the heart of the Historic District. Know of a couple of good affordable regular hotels too...just in case you'd like a suggestion.;) Savannah is sizzling in the summer so some good rates can be found.:thumbsup2 LOVE Savannah! Maybe Mia, Sophia and I could meet you in either place, if you go. If Savannah, we would bring the pups along too. ::yes::

Don't worry about getting things mixed up ....... so do I :laughing: ......... and then I haven't really had time to give a "breakdown" of the individual trips. So, yes, CR is in August and BLT is in February. Can't wait for either. I never even DREAMED about staying at BLT and being able to visit the Top of the World lounge and now we are going there in a little under 4 months!! :woohoo:

I am so happy and excited for and with you!! Have not yet stayed at BLT or a Royal Room and you know I'll be looking forward to your TR.:thumbsup2

And the CR with a MK view has always been a dream for both of us! So, when the inheritance came in Tom vowed that he would treat us to the CR room. We are booked and ever so often I pull up the reservation and look at it, as it is still so unbelievable that we will stay there! :love: I'd be doing the same thing every day! ::yes::As for the summer, any time we are in Orlando would be fine. But there is still lots of time to make plans! :thumbsup2

Our first several trips to WDW back in the early '80's we would alternate between CR and the Polynesian. Heavenly! Back then when guests booked a Tower room the view was a request - we did not make a request and were given a room on the MK side. :) Wanna guess what we paid back then?;) $105 including tax! Those were the days!

My parents passed in 2002 and left me a small inheritance - in 2004 I was able to surprise a friend with 3 ngts at the GF - it was so much better than I ever expected! If I could have the same room (and the same pin code:rotfl:) would stay there again in a heartbeat. I never wanted to leave the balcony - I would sit watching the monorail glide by, the water launches and Ferries come and go from the MK, listen to the the boat horns and the train whistle...sigh...we could see the MK entrance, docks, train and WISHES was like a private show. It was incredible - as you wrote, you might never leave your CR MK view Atrium room!! :goodvibes

As soon as some decent codes are released I'll hold 4 ngts in August and Sept, then as the planning falls into place will cancel one and/or adjust the dates.:thumbsup2 IF it is not another horrible summer like the last two, will try to get down for a few ngts while you and Tom are there.:yay: :dance3:

That is the thing I hate about transfers...I worry about making it to the next. You don't want to wait all day at an airport to transfer, but then you don't want to cut it too close either. I know it's not always possible, but whe nI can I look for direct flights. I have been pricing out flight to California, and I think t here is only 1 airline that flies directly near us...and of course it's expensive to have that luxury.
I can't wait to hear more!

Karin I would love to try one of those Milka Tenders!! I can only imagine how good they must be! Mick and I love Milka bars, we are so happy we can get them at our local Walmart now.

Wish we could figure out a way to get to see you in NC. Our DD lives in NC near Charlotte which is 6 hours from us. You never know?

Karin, Just saw that you mentioned there is a possibility of visiting Raleigh on one of your trips. Would love to meet up with you and Tom if that becomes a reality one day!! I will just have to keep reading your trip reports!! (As if I don't already) Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter