Help me understand (and feel less nervous) about DVC rentals

This August will be our first trip renting points through David's. I booked about 9 months out for AKL, 2 BR, savanna view. It was very easy. We couldn't afford the whole trip there so we are doing a split stay, 4 nights at the ASM and 3 at AKL. David's was extremely easy to deal with. They put in our request for Kidani. Today I sent them an email asking to add two more kids to our room and they were happy to adjust the reservation. I've already linked the reservation on my Disney experience. Now if August would just hurry up :)

I just rented a couple of weeks ago and got a savanna view deluxe studio for eight nights. I'm renting through a travel agent and I have been worried. However, I can see my res. on the Disney sight so that makes me feel better.

I too used Davids for a stay last Easter. We were in a savannah view studio in Jambo. It was amazing! The transaction was so quick and easy. I was a little leery of renting private since I had never done it before, and by nature I am a skeptic :) With the amount of people you have I would suggest a 1 or 2 bedroom. You would have a full kitchen and be able to save money by eating some meals at home. I would not mind going private in the future but for a first timer it is nice to have a peace of mind that you are not booking with someone fake (that was my fear - haha!!!)

David's should be very proud of themselves...I don't know if I have ever read a negative review of them...Good luck!

We rented from a private individual for our trip in 2011 and while I had the usual concerns, I was comfortable after checking into the individual. There are public records of property ownership that can be checked. The person offered that website and information unsolicited and it put my mind at ease. Talking on the phone helped a lot too. As well as them accepting paypal and a CC for payments. Trip went flawlessly and they worked with us every step of the way, both on the dining plan, which they need to set up. We are using them again for our 8 nights at BWV at Halloween. The reservation shows up with our names on Disneys web site and has our ADR's linked as well. If you do some research into what information you need to know before you pay, there should be little apprehension about doing it. We will never go another way, and will use the same individual whenever we can. The renter of points does take on risks as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!