Help Me Plan The ULTIMATE Trip! 7/8-You have to be kidding me!?!

The magic kingdom is my favorite resort followed by EPCOT. Therefore if I had a choice I would stay in one of the monorail resorts. My first choice would be the Poly.

When you say solo- do you mean without KC and you are meeting others down there, or do you mean solo-solo as in by yourself the whole time? Because I would think (for me) that would factor in as well. If I was splitting the cost with someone then i would def go deluxe, if not then i would probably try to go moderate (or even value).

If money was no object I'd do Beach Club, I know I'm staying at the GF in December but I'm not paying so had to choose most expensive :rotfl: I just love the feel of the Boardwalk!

Saying that the new rooms at CSR are beautiful, very deluxe looking for a smaller price, I even had turn down service when I stayed there :thumbsup2

I'm with Jo. Solo at the Beach Club.

Of course you know my fav. is AKL!!!!! But it is so far out of the way for a solo.

On third thought, I like what Deb said about staying on the rail ....... If I could get a good discount and was alone......... Contemporary!

Yeah, I'm a big help, huh??!!
:lmao:

The magic kingdom is my favorite resort followed by EPCOT. Therefore if I had a choice I would stay in one of the monorail resorts. My first choice would be the Poly.

When you say solo- do you mean without KC and you are meeting others down there, or do you mean solo-solo as in by yourself the whole time? Because I would think (for me) that would factor in as well. If I was splitting the cost with someone then i would def go deluxe, if not then i would probably try to go moderate (or even value).

I mean solo-solo. I went last August alone for a few days and had a GREAT time.

If money was no object I'd do Beach Club, I know I'm staying at the GF in December but I'm not paying so had to choose most expensive :rotfl: I just love the feel of the Boardwalk!

Saying that the new rooms at CSR are beautiful, very deluxe looking for a smaller price, I even had turn down service when I stayed there :thumbsup2

The more I contemplate it all, I keep thinking I will end up at CSR or ASMovies if I'm alone.

I'm with Jo. Solo at the Beach Club.

Of course you know my fav. is AKL!!!!! But it is so far out of the way for a solo.

On third thought, I like what Deb said about staying on the rail ....... If I could get a good discount and was alone......... Contemporary!

Yeah, I'm a big help, huh??!!
:lmao:

I just need to win the lotto lol.

I think I have completely changed my mind as to what our NEXT Disney trip will be!

I still am hoping my CM discount can get me the trip of all of our dreams-in November...I have to find out more on that...but WAY before that comes mine and KC's 5th wedding anniversary. My first thought was I will take him for a couple of days and surprise him. We will stay at POFQ like we did on our honeymoon. Lots of other thoughts flooded my brain...Cali Grill dinner...Narcoossee's....and other such spiffy places for our anniversary. I ahve a million ideas...

Then it morphed into something even better.

I was looking at pics of my friend lifelong_dreamer 's TR (Hi Lessa!)from her land & sea adventure and KC saw some of the pics over my shoulder and said "You get the discount on the land & sea stuff too?". That was enough for me!!

Starting with my first paycheck I am going to put aside a bit of extra money and save up for a land and sea anniversary extravaganza for Feb 2010!!!!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:
:yay::yay::yay:
:cheer2::cheer2:

So now we need to plan....HELP!!!!!!!!

That's a great idea Kat:thumbsup2

FYI -CM discount not good at the Swolphin (or I should say not as good, only 20% or some such nonsense)

That's a great idea Kat:thumbsup2

FYI -CM discount not good at the Swolphin (or I should say not as good, only 20% or some such nonsense)

Not my cup of tea anyway, but thank you for the info. I need to find out more but feel kinda silly asking since I am so new. Do you know anything about the DCL discounts for CM's?

Hi Kat !! What a wonderful idea for the land and sea !! When inFeb !!!??? I have only stayed a Pop so not much help with choices other than I did VERY much like Pepper arket at CSR!!!

Kat that is awesome! I would love to cruise but there is no way we can afford one for all of us right now.

I think I have completely changed my mind as to what our NEXT Disney trip will be!

I still am hoping my CM discount can get me the trip of all of our dreams-in November...I have to find out more on that...but WAY before that comes mine and KC's 5th wedding anniversary. My first thought was I will take him for a couple of days and surprise him. We will stay at POFQ like we did on our honeymoon. Lots of other thoughts flooded my brain...Cali Grill dinner...Narcoossee's....and other such spiffy places for our anniversary. I ahve a million ideas...

Then it morphed into something even better.

I was looking at pics of my friend lifelong_dreamer 's TR (Hi Lessa!)from her land & sea adventure and KC saw some of the pics over my shoulder and said "You get the discount on the land & sea stuff too?". That was enough for me!!

Starting with my first paycheck I am going to put aside a bit of extra money and save up for a land and sea anniversary extravaganza for Feb 2010!!!!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:
:yay::yay::yay:
:cheer2::cheer2:

So now we need to plan....HELP!!!!!!!!

I'm in the same "boat" as you are, I know absolutely nothing about a cruise.
I did a little reading on the Cruise Board and I am reading Leesa's TR too, so that is helping.
If you can get a discount go for it. I would say, book, now, because you get like $900 in ship credits.
Me and my dd's decided to go with Royal Caribbean. We wanted to go in August and DCL was really expensive for us, but like I said, if you get a discount:woohoo:

I'm trying to figure out the tip thing. It sounds really confusing and there is like 5 or 6 people you need to tip. I get that you have to pay your waiter, but there is suppose to be a cabin boy that opens the door, or is in your hallway, to help you with bags, opens your door etc., he gets $2.50 a day per person. So 7 days x $2.50=$17.50 times 4 of us, almost $70. I told the girls to start saving their dollars.

:woohoo::yay::yay::woohoo:

That's awesome, Kat! Unfortunately I know nothing about cruising so I'll look forward to learning along with you! :)

Kat any questions just ask away! :goodvibes

I would say, book, now, because you get like $900 in ship credits.

Yes, booking as soon as possible is best as the prices only go up. However the $100 per day in shipboard credit is only for certain 7-day cruises this summer so would not be applicable. However if you book the cruise online with DCL you get something like a $50 onboard credit. You can then transfer your reservation over to Dreams Unlimited as they offer onboard credit for arranging your travel through them. The amount depends on the length of your cruise and the type of room reserved. Hope that wasn't too confusing!

I'm trying to figure out the tip thing. It sounds really confusing and there is like 5 or 6 people you need to tip. I get that you have to pay your waiter, but there is suppose to be a cabin boy that opens the door, or is in your hallway, to help you with bags, opens your door etc., he gets $2.50 a day per person. So 7 days x $2.50=$17.50 times 4 of us, almost $70. I told the girls to start saving their dollars.

Cruise Tipping:

Dining Room Server - takes your meal orders, make srecommendations etc $4 pp per day

Assistant Dining Room Server - takes your drink orders, fills your glasses, clears the table between courses $3 pp per day

Head Dining Room Server - In charge of the dining rotation, usually stops by your stable once a night to chat and see who you are enjoying everything. He is in charge of all the servers. $1 pp per day

Then you have your room steward who cleans your room daily, prepares it again at night with turndown service and towel animals. You will see them all the time in the hallway and they will ask you if there is anything further you need for your comfort. $4 pp per day

These tips are VERY well deserved. The staff are working pretty much non-stop all day. When not waiting on you at dinner time the servers will be working in other locations on ship. For instance our dining room server was dishing up pizza at Pinnochio's Pizzeria on sea days.

Also of course there are the porters when you arrive/depart that you should tip if you opt to use their service. We didn't use porters so no advise on how they should be tipped.

Congrats on your new job Kat! That is so awesome and how perfect! You'll be great!

And sweet on the discount and upcoming trips to plan! Life always gets a little bit more cheery when there is a Disney trip to plan! Your idea of a land/sea for your anniversary sounds so fun!

Allyson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter