Help me plan my trip!

jweb20

Earning My Ears
:stir:I am in the process of trying to write up and itinerary for when we are in Disney. This is our first trip and we will have an (almost) 6 and 2 year old. 1 boy, 1 girl. Please read it over and let me know if there is something I should add or take out. ALL suggestions are welcome! This is our first trip and we probably won't come back for 4 years.

Thursday - Get to Hotel by 5pm.
(Dinner at : T-rex cafe at downtown disney - pay out of pocket)
9:35 electrical water parade viewable from Wilderness Lodge

FRI --- Magic Kingdom @ 9 am **extra magic hour night
Lunch at be our guest @ MK (QS)
Back at hotel at 3 for rest.
(Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe) TS
Back to Magic Kingdom at 7
MAIN STREET PARADE AT 9PM

SAT --- Animal Kingdom opens early at 8
1pm come back to WL to eat at Roaring Fork (QS)
Rest.
Dinner? (QS) pizza?
Park?

SUN --- Morning hang out at hotel/pool
Lunch at the 50's prime time cafe (TS)
Pixar Parade at Hollywood Studios at 3
Dinner at Ohana (TS)
Magic Kingdom **extra magic hour night.

MON -- Hollywood studios. 9am (sign up for darth vadar?)
Lunch at _______? (QS)
Evening at Magic Kingdom
(Dinner at The Plaza OR @ The Crystal Palace? MK) TS

TUES -- Morning?
Lunch at Captain Cook (QS)(Poly)
Epcot at 4 **extra magic hour night
(Garden Grill @ Epcot - chip and dale. mickey mouse. pluto)
Illuminations at 9.

This website is so helpful :) Thank you!

I would perhaps allow more time for Epcot. My 4 year old (at the time) loved Soarn' (and he was scared of all the other "big" rides). Also he loved the ride at Mexico (we rode 3 times over 2 visits), and the ride at Norway I believe. The finding Nemo ride was a hit too...And we only went into the inovation building to do Visa photo and I saw a ton of stuff that DS would have loved to do.

We loved all the countries too...even DS...he loved getting a penny press at each country and checking out the entertainment and we picked up a few treats along the way.

Looks like you will have a great trip. One question? Are your little ones early risers? If you wouldn't be waking them up to do so, I would definitely hit the parks for rope drop and leave earlier for breaks. You will get much more done in the first 2 hours that the park is open over the last few hours. I am always SHOCKED at how crowded the EMH park is after midnight even. Lots of cranky little kids :worried: 9 AM on a non emh morning is so much better.

I would -

- Add more time for Epcot - my kids loved this park when they were little - even more so than now (they are teens).

- not go to MK on a night with evening EMH unless you were really going to take advantage of it. It will be crowded and I see you are planning to get up early for AK the next morning. I understand the desire to go to MK on the first day but honestly, we prefer to end our vacation there.

- Keep Sat as a hang out at the hotel/pool night and go to the Studios early on Sunday - your 6 yo will love Toy Story Mania and Jedi Training and you need to get there for rope drop

- I wouldn't do as much park hopping as you are doing - especially with little kids. This takes up a lot of travel time and makes people tired. Given your schedule, I would do one park a day and 2 days at MK. Get there early for rope drop, head back to WL after lunch for a break and go back at night. No need to do that with AK as you don't need a full day for that park.

- use easywdw.com to decide which days are best for which parks

- possibly cut down on table service dining - at your kids age, they are not as interested in spending a long time at a meal and would rather be riding rides. I think one character meal is plenty - maybe 2....

Arrival day: that’s a great start, I’m glad you’ve decided to do DTD instead of trying to rush into a theme park, and T Rex is delicious!

Make sure to be in line for BOG between 10:00 and 11:00 so you don’t have to wait over half an hour for lunch! The wait will just get more insane as the day goes on!

For your undecided lunch at DHS, I suggest Starring Rolls, they’ve got great sandwiches and cupcakes and treats!

I would probably throw some more time to Epcot, maybe that morning take a little sleep in and head into the park a bit later, but there’s still tons of stuff to explore, and the Seas/Turtle Talk are a great hit with the kids!

In terms of your plans during the day:

Magic Kingdom:
-After rope drop, head straight to Fantasyland, grab a Peter Pan’s Flight fast pass, then head STRAIGHT to Enchanted Tales with Belle, the line will just get worse!
-Ride Little Mermaid
-Use PP fast pass
-Do the rest of Fantasyland then everything else.

At Animal Kingdom I HIGHLY recommend Festival of the Lion King, it’s by far my favorite show on property, and it’s not to miss. The Nemo show isn’t as great (in my opinion) but if your kids are fans of Nemo, it’s a nice show. Also a nice place for a nap! Ha!

I would head into DHS a little earlier, and spend some time with the Disney Jr stuff that they have there, and that way you can head back to MK earlier the next day, I find that’s the park that will probably grab the kids attention the most.

Have a fantastic trip! I'm sure it will be magical and full of pixie dust and surprises!! Always make sure to take the time to slow down and smell the roses, and don't be afraid to veer off from your plans when you see someone's favorite character, a nice spot to play on some drums, take some pictures and soak it all in!

:wizard:

Revised my schedule after looking over the website suggested and took some of your suggestions! We do have the dining plan so we have 5 QS meals and 5 TS meals. My kids are generally pretty good in restaurants.

FRI - Pool / explore hotel in morning
Lunch at Roarin' Fork (QS)
Animal Kingdom around 1 open until 7pm
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade 3:45
(Dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe WL)
Water Parade viewable at 9:45 pm from hotel

SAT - Magic Kingdom 9 am
Lunch at Be Our Guest (get in line between 10-11)
HOTEL FOR REST.
(Dinner at Ohana - Poly)
Parade at 9.

SUN - Hollywood Studios 9am
Lunch at Starring Rolls
Pixar Parade at 3
(Dinner at 50s prime time cafe)
Back at hotel by 6

MON - Lunch at ??? (QS)
Epcot
(Dinner: Garden Grill - Epcot - Chip & Dale, Mickey, Pluto)

TUES - Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Captain Cook (POLY)
HOTEL FOR REST
Back to MK
(Dinner at: The Plaza or Crystal Palace?)

Revised my schedule after looking over the website suggested and took some of your suggestions! We do have the dining plan so we have 5 QS meals and 5 TS meals. My kids are generally pretty good in restaurants.

FRI - Pool / explore hotel in morning
Lunch at Roarin' Fork (QS)
Animal Kingdom around 1 open until 7pm
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade 3:45
(Dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe WL)
Water Parade viewable at 9:45 pm from hotel

SAT - Magic Kingdom 9 am
Lunch at Be Our Guest (get in line between 10-11)
HOTEL FOR REST.
(Dinner at Ohana - Poly)
Parade at 9.

SUN - Hollywood Studios 9am
Lunch at Starring Rolls
Pixar Parade at 3
(Dinner at 50s prime time cafe)
Back at hotel by 6

MON - Lunch at ??? (QS)
Epcot
(Dinner: Garden Grill - Epcot - Chip & Dale, Mickey, Pluto)

TUES - Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Captain Cook (POLY)
HOTEL FOR REST
Back to MK
(Dinner at: The Plaza or Crystal Palace?)

Much better plan than the original, you'll have a great time! Monday spend all day in Epcot. Sunshine Seasons has a TON of QS or head into one of the World Showcase countries. Eating around the world is fun. We use on QS per person and share different meals from a few different countries.

Why Captain Cook's? It's no great shakes over there. If you want QS on the monorail line, I would go to the Contemporary. It's very cool for the kids to see the monorail come inside. :) Just my two cents.

Have fun!

Do you recommend California grill? Just wanted something near mk or monorail line before we go back for break

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter