Help Me Plan My June 2019 Dates

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by AllYouNeed, Jul 12, 2018.

1. AllYouNeed

AllYouNeed Earning My Ears

We'll be taking our first DLR trip in June 2019, hopefully before Star wars Land opens. Originally, I was thinking the week before Star Wars Land is rumored to open (June 16-21) would be our best bet, since APs are blocked at least one park day during that week (June 20). But now I'm second-guessing myself...

Is DLR going to be super packed that week, since APs will be getting their last few days in before being blocked for most of the summer? Will people be showing up early for SWL opening the following week, and it will be crowded anyway? Would it be better to go two weeks before SWL is rumored to open (June 9-14) even though all of those park days are open to APs?

2. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

I think you are definitely between a rock and a hard place on the dates. Once SWGE opens it will be crazy, so I would not do that as a first DLR trip! The week beforehand could also be problematic, with people hoping for soft openings, but also probably AP or $ preview events, media nights (I would expect early park closings for that), etc.

I would go June 9-14 or even earlier than that. Yes, you may have to deal with APs on non-blockout dates, but it will be better than SWGE crowds. If you can do June 7 onwards, Deluxes will be blocked out from Disneyland June 7-9. Pretty much all days are open for DCA.

AllYouNeed likes this.
  3. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

AllYouNeed likes this.
  4. AllYouNeed

AllYouNeed Earning My Ears

Thanks! I hadn't thought of that...