Help me plan my Disneyland tattoos!

chequepoint

Earning My Ears
I'm well underway on my Disneyland half sleeve tattoo. As you can see I've got my doombuggy, Jose the parrot, the sign from Jungle cruise, and the auctioneer all in progress. My inner arm will be the small world clock tower, and the castle will be topping off my shoulder. I have a nice space under the auctioneer and I'm just not sure what to fill it with, but I've got less than a month to decide. All ideas and suggestions would be appreciated, photos would help as well.

F6A40F04-B03D-4207-BE63-9C38390E1379-3561-000001575BFE3911.jpg

568440B9-3AE6-4BA9-8D19-B5600381B07F-3561-0000015758FCE4BB.jpg

Btw for the uninitiated, this is only about 5 hours of work. I'll be sitting for a 3-4 hour session every month for the next several months to complete this. Everything will be shaded, detailed, and full color.

Some things that come to mind for me when I think of Disneyland are: the teacups, Mickey ear hats, the castle, the whale, the railroad, stretching portraits in the HM...

What is your favorite ride? Maybe you could include something from that if you haven't already.

Nice!!! I would say the Matterhorn, and the Disneyland Railroad would be a cool one also, and you need to incorporate some hidden mickeys in there too. :thumbsup2

Keep us updated with more pictures as the work gets done. I would love to see the finished results.

I'll definitely keep the updates coming. Next session is March 2nd. My self appointed rules for the piece say that I can't duplicate an attraction and I can't use movie characters. I do think there will be a hidden Mickey, and for personal reasons I'd consider a realistic looking Ariel. My wife and I got engaged in front of Ariel at wdw.

chequepoint said:
I'll definitely keep the updates coming. Next session is March 2nd. My self appointed rules for the piece say that I can't duplicate an attraction and I can't use movie characters. I do think there will be a hidden Mickey, and for personal reasons I'd consider a realistic looking Ariel. My wife and I got engaged in front of Ariel at wdw.

Awww! Now I think you need an Ariel. Someplace close to your heart. :)

b5cab15a1efbf133e475d57c652397d0.jpg

It was nice having photopass photographers to capture the moment. I later got Jodi Benson to autograph a print of this as a wedding present.

chequepoint said:
It was nice having photopass photographers to capture the moment. I later got Jodi Benson to autograph a print of this as a wedding present.

Oh that's priceless!!! What a happy moment. Thanks for sharing. I just showed it to DH. He said to tell you to ask your artist if they could do Ariel with your wife's face. My brother in law had his children's faces put on his arms. Really beautiful.

Teacup, Dumbo's feather, sub (Nemo or better yet, original 20,000 Leagues version - much cooler ;) ), wishing well, astro-orbiter, top of Matterhorn, Splash Mountain log going over the drop into the briar patch - or just the briars, Disneyland train sign (mentions something about height above sea level, I believe), Mr. Toad's car, the paddlewheel, dragon from Fantasmic...

Just throwing a few out there! LOL!

Can't wait to see things as they progress. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

What a great moment, Ariel and Eric look just as shocked as your wife does. :) I love that. :) If you don't want to do Ariel (I personally don't like changing character faces to real people, it doesn't look right to me but that's JMO :) ) maybe you can do something symbolic, like Eric's ship? The might look neat near the Auctioneer, but it might be misinterpreted to be a PotC ship. You could do seashells or something....I'll think and see if I can come up with anything.
I would love to see the finished product, I was going to ask if you were going to color it in, best of luck in your sessions!

Or you could put a dingelhopper ;) LOL

Way cool idea for a sleeve :) I'll keep thinking and hit up my hubster. He has great tattoo ideas.

Beautiful work!! Maybe a 33 logo, or the firehouse candle? The sword (from the stone), carousel, or Mr. Toads car? The Jolly Trolley? The Captn Eo symbol? The possibilities are endless. I imagine this could easily turn into a lifetime project. And I have to reiterate the hidden Mickey because thats a must. Great ideas! I cant wait to see it all done.

Love what you've got so far and the story of your proposal! I would vote for Space Mountain or a rocket jet. Or a rocket jet in front of Space Mountain! ;)

I love your ink. You are missing the Mouse Man himself though. Funny, he's the only Disney tattoo I have.

EB10DD47-CF69-47C1-A0A4-704702B02518-8800-000003D3D1612C85.jpg

2706D6CD-9C1E-471B-87D7-466113B55D61-8800-000003D3D8ED536E.jpg

Just sat for a few hours. Decided Monstro was both tough looking and decidedly Disneyland. So thanks for that suggestion! I am trying to stick to a no characters rule, and I know monstro is of course a character but the canal boats are so iconic.

The new work is beautiful. How often do you do sittings?

I'm doing sittings about once a month, but as the outlines finish up and we're able to work in sections now, I'll probably start doing them a little more often.

I'm really excited about filling in "Jose".

I love the idea of club 33, but I've never been. If I ever go I'll get something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter