help me plan my dining

logan&tylersmama

DIS Veteran
ok - gang - I TRUST YOU GUYS!!!
help me plan my dining -
lets hear your favorite table service and counter service for each park -
I dont have the energy or excitiment i usually have over planning this time. Please HELP ME!!!!

the cast of characters are me - my husband, my father, Logan (7 years old) and Tyler (birthday boy will turn 4 while we are there.)

we know we ALWAYS do chef mickey and that is were tyler wants his birthday breakfast -

other than that - i am trying to get away from our usual places.

so lets have it....
thanks
jennifer

For a quick counter service at MK we always do well at Peco's Bills near Splash Mountain. DH and I always get chili cheese fries and split a chicken wrap. DD always got a kids meal.

Personally I do not recommend Crystal Palace, we had a horrible experience there with character interaction or lack of character interaction I should say. I doubt we would ever go back.

For sit down at Epcot, we do well at the Garden Grill. Great character interaction. :thumbsup2 Now we have always done the last lunch sitting so it takes care of dinner for us. Not sure how things are during "normal" lunch or dinner hours. Everything is served family style and the apple cobbler is out of this world.

At AK for counter service lunch, you can't beat Flame BBQ. I think that is what it is called. I got the fruit platter, great for lunch on a hot day. :thumbsup2 The BBQ is good.

My favorites- keep in mind that we don't have children- although I perfer fairly plain food and can't handle heavy spices.

MK- counter- Columbi harbour House followed by Pecos Bills
table- Liberty tree Tavern (we enjoy the Thanksgiving Dinner but we haven't done it since the characters left)

DHS- counter: Rosie's and the place beside it- one of us normally eats at each (granted we don't like anything too much)
table- for food- Prime Time, for atmosphere- Sci Fi Dine In

AK- counter- Local Andoupur (Yak and Yeti counter)
table- I have only done Yak and Yeti and it was good- but same things as you could get outside for the most part- I have heard Tusker House's character breakfast is excellent but haven't been

Epcot- counter- sunshine seasons- we absolutely love the chicken and potatoes station- I had the salmon there last week and it was very good also
table- our favorite is Marakesh for lunch (we don't care for the dinner menu) or Chefs de France (this was our only repeat for us last week)

Rebecca

We don't have kids yet either but here's my favs from adult trips:

MK
Counter: My fave is Cosmic Ray's because of the smooth talkin' jazz playin' alien dude!
Table: Honestly, my experiences haven't been upto much. Didn't get on with the food at Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree. I enjoyed the Plaza when we went although it wasn't the best ever, more glorified counter service tbh.

EPCOT:
Counter: I always tend to grab my food from the USA pavillion because I'm pretty dull (plus we normally go during f&w so I'm snacking around the world!) DH loves the bakery in France, he loves to get a ham and cheese croissant and sit outside people watching.
Table: No contest, Le Cellier! Just please don't let our kids play under the tables, when we were on honeymoon a table next to us did and it resulted in the need for paramedics :(

DHS:
Counter: Think it's called Rosie's, the open air place near Tower of Terror. Love the atmosphere here, watching the hustlke and bustle and hearing the screams off ToT!!!
Table: Sci-fi Dine in is a huge fave because i'm a major sci-fi geek. Food isn't great but I just love sitting with All American food in an All American car watching bad sci fi!

AK:
Counter: Pizzafari just for the breadsticks, we've detoured from Everest just to get some! I'm also a dino nerd so I like restarauntosaurus because of the decor.
Table: Never eaten table service here I'm afraid.

Ok, here are our musts...

MK:
Casey's(corner of mainstreet).. while it's busy and a little small.. it's a must...
Pecos Bill's(near splash mountain).... a must for at least one meal.. there is lots of sitting around the corners and outside.... we found a nice little corner room w/ about 6 tables and it was a blast w/ families in there... parents let loose and we all had fun w/o getting in trouble and teaching our kids bad things!
Pinocchio's house (my kids call it this in fantasyland)... we love to go there... watch the entrances though...at one point last year they were only letting you in one door but the cm's are there to point you to the right door... it keeps the traffic flow going smoothly.
ETA: Cosmic Ray's (tomorrowland)... we love to catch the show and enjoy people watching in the ac.

DHS: where did we eat? I'll have to ask the kids.. LOL OH! We at the counter service by the "Honey We Shrunk the Kids park".. it was good...

AK: We eat at Pizzafari... tradition...

Epcot: WE must find AMERICAN food at the American pavilion...because we all know that chicken nuggets or hot dogs can not be found anywhere else... Liberty Inn I believe is the name.. they have the best burgers though!!!

We had a great experience at Crystal Palace 3-4years ago..but we ate at 7:30am so there were very few people there yet! LOL I have my kids in the parade behind piglet!

We do alot of counter service because my boys and dh are so blasted picky... it's a waste of money to do the table service meals... my 2 boys don't eat full meals; they tend to split them on vacation.... I'm hoping that changes w/ our next visit!!

We've only been to wDW once :headache:, but we very much liked Hollywood Brown Derby for lunch:thumbsup2 we had the CP breakfast but I was :sick: that day so couldn't really tell you what the food was like - younger DS was 5 and didn't eat much, his waffle was hard :earseek: but the character interaction was good - we've got some of our best pics there. I missed out on our other meal in HS as DS was ill - I know it was for the Fantasmic dinner buffet, and DH and older DS loved it. Mamma Melrose?

we enjoyed Rainforest cafe at AK - pick a time away from main meals and you should be OK (we ate at 4.00pm)

trying to remember where else we ate - we find your portions so large we often skipped lunch because we had a big breakfast, and we had a few cheaper meals off-site (we all loved Cracker Barrel - especially younger DS)

I'm not much help :blush:

i think you guys are doing a great job in getting me excited. Tyler wants to have breakfast sat chef mickeys on his birthday - Logan asked if we could eat at T-rex one night. we are starting to narrow it down now - keep the suggestions comming. I feel like i get stuck in a rut and always eat at the same palces - wanting to try new things - but with a picky family its hard.
Jennifer

My family's favorites:

MK:
Table Service would be either Crystal Palace (we've always had good experiences there for lunch and dinner) and Liberty Tree Tavern.

Counter Service: Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bill's, and Casey's

Epcot:
Table Service: Our favorite is Le Cellier, followed by the Garden Grill. We also like the San Angel Inn, but I think that may be a hard one with kids.

Counter Service: The fish & chips counter in the United Kingdom, Sunshine Seasons in the Land, and the American Pavilion

DHS:

Table Service: Sci Fi and Mama Melrose. We ate at Hollywood & Vine once and will never go back. It wasn't very good and DS was throwing up all night.

Counter Service: The Commisary

Animal Kingdom:
Table Service: We love Yak and Yeti. It's much better than the counter service part. But I don't think it would be good if your kids are picky.

Our favorite breakfast (other than Chef Mickeys) is breakfast at the Rain Forest Cafe at AK.

Counter Service: it used to be Tusker House, but that's now table service and we haven't been since the change. We like Pizzafari.

so last night i sat my family down at dinner and told them we needed to make decisions on where we were going to eat. i told them they each had one place they could pick that was their must have. Logan picked t-rex, tyler picked chef mickey, my DH was "forced" into picking si-fi - by the boys - my father picked canada -
then we are thinking lilo and stich breakfast,
and i have one more open maybe garden grill - (we havent been there before)
so thanks for all your help
jennifer

Le Cellier was honestly the best meal we had the entire trip last year.

I would also highly recommend Boma. The food was incredible and they had plenty for the kids to eat.

Have fun!

This thread is getting me excited, too! I can call for our dining on July 4th!!

Here are our "musts" (keep in mind that the upcoming trip will be our first with kids, but I am sort of picky. .. DH will eat anything!!):

MK--counter--Columbia Harbour House (yum!! I drool thinking about it). Also, Pinocchio's (for Figaro Fries!!) and Pecos Bill

Table--we've had good luck with Crystal Palace breakfast, but not dinner. Also, we really liked Tony's. I know it gets mixed reviews, but we've been there twice, and both times it was great!

AK--counter--ooh. . .Flame Tree BBQ, hands down. That salad with chicken on it is AWESOME! DH loves Yak & Yeti, too! And if you need a quick breakfast, you can't beat the Kusafiri bakery (in Tusker House)--I think you have to order from outside now, though.

Table--Donald's at Tusker House! Love it!!

Epcot--counter--well, we're not lovers of Epcot, but we go to the American pavilion or the fish & chips place in UK.

Table--we did Garden Grill once and loved it (good food, good characters), but the turning makes me icky. LOVE Le Cellier!! We went with some friends of ours and their kids, and it was great!

DHS--counter--the Backlot Express over by Indiana Jones. We go there every trip!

Table--50's PTC. . .we don't do it every trip, but I love it! Of course, it's good ol' comfort food!

Resorts--I added a separate category (can you tell I LOVE food?? You could really tell that if you saw me!!). We LOVE 'Ohana breakfast (the Lilo & Stitch one). We also love 'Ohana dinner. DH's favorite WDW meal is the Clambake at Cape May (at Beach Club). My favorite WDW meal is, hands-down, BOMA!!! I love it, love it, love it!!

Ok, you've probably made your decisions well before I posted that, but I just had to contribute!! Have fun, and let me know how the making reservations process goes so I'll be prepared before I call!! ;)

;)
This thread is getting me excited, too! I can call for our dining on July 4th!!

Here are our "musts" (keep in mind that the upcoming trip will be our first with kids, but I am sort of picky. .. DH will eat anything!!):

MK--counter--Columbia Harbour House (yum!! I drool thinking about it). Also, Pinocchio's (for Figaro Fries!!) and Pecos Bill

Table--we've had good luck with Crystal Palace breakfast, but not dinner. Also, we really liked Tony's. I know it gets mixed reviews, but we've been there twice, and both times it was great!

AK--counter--ooh. . .Flame Tree BBQ, hands down. That salad with chicken on it is AWESOME! DH loves Yak & Yeti, too! And if you need a quick breakfast, you can't beat the Kusafiri bakery (in Tusker House)--I think you have to order from outside now, though.

Table--Donald's at Tusker House! Love it!!

Epcot--counter--well, we're not lovers of Epcot, but we go to the American pavilion or the fish & chips place in UK.

Table--we did Garden Grill once and loved it (good food, good characters), but the turning makes me icky. LOVE Le Cellier!! We went with some friends of ours and their kids, and it was great!

DHS--counter--the Backlot Express over by Indiana Jones. We go there every trip!

Table--50's PTC. . .we don't do it every trip, but I love it! Of course, it's good ol' comfort food!

Resorts--I added a separate category (can you tell I LOVE food?? You could really tell that if you saw me!!). We LOVE 'Ohana breakfast (the Lilo & Stitch one). We also love 'Ohana dinner. DH's favorite WDW meal is the Clambake at Cape May (at Beach Club). My favorite WDW meal is, hands-down, BOMA!!! I love it, love it, love it!!

Ok, you've probably made your decisions well before I posted that, but I just had to contribute!! Have fun, and let me know how the making reservations process goes so I'll be prepared before I call!! ;)

you have some great ones - you better narrow it down before you have to call for your ADR's
;)
jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter