Help me pick a new restaurant

ldhr2005

Mouseketeer
We are doing an adults only trip, and are looking for somewhere new to try.

We have done most character meals, 'Ohana's, Boma's- all the usual suspects, lol. We already have a Signature planned, but are looking for a sit down that we would not normally try. Suggestions? All cuisine is fair game:rotfl:

Have you done the Luau at the Poly or Hoop Dee Doo revue?
Those both are great.

There are SO many great table service restaurants on Property.

I really like Chefs de France and Teppan Edo (Hibachi style) in Epcot
For something more intimate how about San Angel Inn (Mexico) in Epcot, if you like Mexican food.

The Brown Derby is a great signature in Hollywood studios.
Grand Floridian Cafe has a nice menu as well.

Another great choice is Yachtsman steakhouse at the Yacht Club resort.

Citricos and Artist Point were 2 of our favorites when we took our no kids trip. Of course these are both signatures.

We also enjoy Tuttos and Liberty Tree Tavern.

My favorite adult meal is Bluezoo.

For more casual dining I would suggest Sanaa, Biergarten (great for beer drinkers) and Ragland Road (later meals are more adult).

If you haven't tried Kouzzina, that would be a unique option (and then you could wander around the Boardwalk at night for a nice adult activity).

You've left it so wide open, not knowing where you've been...
Raglan Road? have you been there? it's very good!

:goodvibes

I left it so wide open intentionally- I wanted to see what everyone came back with. We have been to WDW x2-3x/year for the past 7 years or so- but we always end up at the same places!! We finally ate at Chef's last trip, and honestly, it was one of the worst meals we have ever had on property. I would try it again- not so sure for my husband.
I forgot that Raglan Road has a band at night- that may be a good option! We went to Cookes last trip and LOVED it. We were also thinking of Via Napoli, and maybe Teppen Edo. My new Disney goal is to try and eat someone were knew every trip.

For the ultimate dining experience if you can afford it would be Victoria & Albert's. If that is out of your budget and if you are going after August (since closed until then for renovations) go to California Grill for a great meal and Wishes viewing. If going before then, go to Narcoossee's (make reservation for about 2 hours before Wishes) for a very good meal and Wishes viewing.

Sanaa is a good choice. Really good food and we have had great service there every time. We also enjoy Kimonos a ton, but that may be more casual than you are thinking. Fun to go later and watch karaoke while dining, or you can go on the early side and avoid the singers entirely.

I would say the Wave is the most underrated restaurant on site and it's decently priced for sit down restaurants on site. It has awesome lamb shank and my mom really enjoyed her Beef Tenderloin. I would say it's a good replacement for the California Grille until it comes back online. Planning to celebrate Birthday there in March.

The best value on Disney Sit Downs (for OOP) is the Plaza restaurant. For only a dollar or so more than Tomorrow Terrace, you get a small, comfortable restaurant and great sandwiches. Those are two places that are sit down and many people kind of avoid.

Wife and I had really bad experience at narcooses last year... Bad food, waiter who paid less attention to us becaus we weren't buying alcohol, and bad information about using the boats at late night to get back to MK... With that said my tops for experience and food--- Ragland road, 50's prime time, brown derby is a must, or San angel

Sanaa is the only one that I'm making a concerted effort to dine at this trip, it all sounds so good! I'm thinking of Boatwright's, too, because we'd like to stay at POFQ. It's been getting better reviews in the last year or so.

Last trip we loved Via Napoli's pizza (half 4 cheese/half pepperoni). Our family of 5 decimated the giant one and we were soooo tempted to order another! The kids (8,7,5) were lobbying HARD, lol.
We also really enjoyed Raglan Road. DH made himself sick on the bread pudding. I don't care for sweets and even I liked it. For dinner we split the Appetizer D'lirrah and enjoyed every morsel.

Victoria and Albert's was beyond a good meal. Every bite sang. It was so worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter