Help me pick a loop or two

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
We currently have a preferred loop site reserved for July, but we're thinking about calling and requesting a change to premium. We are fairly new, so we feel like the extra room will help us since backing-in isn't really our strongest skill.

We initially thought that the 700 loop would be best for us. We would still be walking distance to the marina, but have the room of a premium. When we looked on Fort Friends app, many of the sites were categorized as difficult to access. Some were even short. One was only 38' deep. That's really not enough for us. We noticed that 400 had most sites categorized as easy to back into.

What are your thoughts on 400 loop? Does it have a lot of foliage and trees between sites? Is it a nice loop to camp in? We still want walking distance to the marina, and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be perfect for us. I don't hear many people talk much about that loop on here, so was wondering if something is wrong with it.

400 is fine. Only reason we don't stay there is 2 sides back up to the main road at the Settlement area. Lots of vehicles starting and stopping at the 3 way stop.

This is our site last July, 700 loop, 35' fifth wheel. The site next to us is my DS and family with a 35' tail dragger. Not much problem backing into either site. 20180712_152018 (450x600).jpg

This is another 700 site, you cant pick a certain site, you can request it, but no guarantee. we always try for 700 loop

700 loop.jpg

Our last trip we requested 700 and no luck, we got assigned to 1100. It was actually a nicer loop, we backed in and had nothing behind us but woods. Was a very nice site.

Thanks for replies! I called this evening and upgraded to a premium site. I requested the 400 loop. We'll see if that happens. Looking forward to our trip in July. We plan to stay the night before arrival at Lake Louisa State Park, so we can arrive at the Fort early. I'll be watching the threads for how everyone does this to maximize their arrival day and make it go smoothly.

I can't remember the sites right off the top of my head, will look them up later, we request about 3 loops starting with which we would prefer to be in. We rode through the 400 loop, DW and I decided maybe the next trip we would try that loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter