Help me pick a cruise!

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
We’ve done Western Mediterranean, Eastern/Western Caribbean/Pacific California cruises...we really don’t want to do Caribbean or Alaskan...is there an itinerary that you loved? Shooting for next May- nothing more than 10 nights. Traveling with 3 kids all in early 20s. New ships don’t come out until 2021?
Thanks for your help!!

I'm booked on the 5 night Western Europe from Dover September 13 2020. Ports are Zeebrugge / Bruges in Belgium, Amsterdam in The Netherlands, an over night in Le Harve , France and back to Dover.

I loved the EBTA, but its 13 nights so that doesn't fit your constraints. I'm not sure what ports your western Med cruise contained but I'd suggest doing an itinerary that includes Portugal/Spain. I didn't have any expectations for these ports, but after the ETBA I fell in love with Lisbon and Seville. Really all the ports in Portugal and Spain were wonderful, but I would go back for a land based more time vacation to Lisbon and Seville. I would have never considered either before the EBTA took me there.

Maybe consider a cruise to somewhere that sounds like it has some interesting Port Adventures but a place you never thought you'd have any interest in going. Going with DCL makes it easy because worst case you have a day in the port (even if you hate it) and then a wonderful evening back with Disney. Best case you try new ports and fall in love with one you didn't expect.

We’ve done Western Mediterranean, Eastern/Western Caribbean/Pacific California cruises...we really don’t want to do Caribbean or Alaskan...is there an itinerary that you loved? Shooting for next May- nothing more than 10 nights. Traveling with 3 kids all in early 20s. New ships don’t come out until 2021?
Thanks for your help!!

Your options are pretty limited if you are set on next May, not wanting Alaska or the Caribbean, and not wanting more than 10 nights. You're left with the 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises and the 7 night Mediterranean cruises. If you could swing 12 nights, the East Bound Transatlantic would be an option. But that's it for DCL. If you expand your time frame, you could find more itineraries.

Keep an eye out for openings on the 2 Hawaii cruises (9 night April 29th / 10 night May 8th), stateroom availability is regularly popping up but you have to keep watch and be quick.

I loved the EBTA, but its 13 nights so that doesn't fit your constraints. I'm not sure what ports your western Med cruise contained but I'd suggest doing an itinerary that includes Portugal/Spain. I didn't have any expectations for these ports, but after the ETBA I fell in love with Lisbon and Seville. Really all the ports in Portugal and Spain were wonderful, but I would go back for a land based more time vacation to Lisbon and Seville. I would have never considered either before the EBTA took me there.

Maybe consider a cruise to somewhere that sounds like it has some interesting Port Adventures but a place you never thought you'd have any interest in going. Going with DCL makes it easy because worst case you have a day in the port (even if you hate it) and then a wonderful evening back with Disney. Best case you try new ports and fall in love with one you didn't expect.

I haven't done this cruise but Portugal is stunning and so are the coasts of Spain! and May should have some beautiful weather.

Keep an eye out for openings on the 2 Hawaii cruises (9 night April 29th / 10 night May 8th), stateroom availability is regularly popping up but you have to keep watch and be quick.
I’ve been gone too long! I didn’t realize they had Hawaii!!! The May 8th would work! Also would love Bermuda or Portugal- thanks so much! I knew you all would be such a great help!!!

I’ve been gone too long! I didn’t realize they had Hawaii!!! The May 8th would work! Also would love Bermuda or Portugal- thanks so much! I knew you all would be such a great help!!!

The Hawaii cruises sold out very quickly, but as the PP mentioned, some availability pops up from time to time. You'll have to keep a close eye on it and finding availability for a family of 5 will be more difficult than for a family of 4 or fewer.

The Hawaii cruises sold out very quickly, but as the PP mentioned, some availability pops up from time to time. You'll have to keep a close eye on it and finding availability for a family of 5 will be more difficult than for a family of 4 or fewer.
I was hoping to get 2 cabins of 3/2 or one may not be able to make it, so we could just do one cabin. My dh and I are going to Hawaii next month (scores the $49 one way out of CA on Southwest), our first stay there and visiting Aulani and Honolulu- the kids were bummed they are in college and can’t go- so if we love Hawaii- that would be a great surprise for them!!

I was hoping to get 2 cabins of 3/2 or one may not be able to make it, so we could just do one cabin. My dh and I are going to Hawaii next month (scores the $49 one way out of CA on Southwest), our first stay there and visiting Aulani and Honolulu- the kids were bummed they are in college and can’t go- so if we love Hawaii- that would be a great surprise for them!!
Wow! what a great price. We are on the May 8th sailing out of Honolulu, need to look for some deals. We like to fly Ft. Lauderdale to Ca. then Ca to Honolulu the next day. break it up a little. Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter