help me decide

nycdisneygal

I went ahead and signed up for another kid!
January 2022 mother daughter trip. We did Portofino Bay first trip and liked it but it was a lot of walking from our room and we did the boat to get to parks. I loved the bathrooms but I hear that they are now smaller. Did HRH in 2020 since she wanted that and I really liked the short walk. She says she doesnt care if we do HRH again so I was looking into RPR although I have already booked HRH. For those who have stayed, is there anything you particularly love at RPR - is it worth it to try it? I looks ok in the pics. We mainly started our days at US. I really love diagon alley....

RPR is typically cheaper but the resort is nice. I find HRH lacking given its name and disappointed in the shallow pool. I have not used the pool at RPR yet.
I am also very disappointed in the walk to and from the HRH resort. They send you around back for the walking path when there could have been a much shorter path.
So if the walk is a concern, I think RPR is not much longer. But if you like HRH, you should stay there.

January 2022 mother daughter trip. We did Portofino Bay first trip and liked it but it was a lot of walking from our room and we did the boat to get to parks. I loved the bathrooms but I hear that they are now smaller. Did HRH in 2020 since she wanted that and I really liked the short walk. She says she doesnt care if we do HRH again so I was looking into RPR although I have already booked HRH. For those who have stayed, is there anything you particularly love at RPR - is it worth it to try it? I looks ok in the pics. We mainly started our days at US. I really love diagon alley....

The standard room bathrooms at Portofino have not changed only some of the deluxe room bathrooms.

RPR is typically cheaper but the resort is nice. I find HRH lacking given its name and disappointed in the shallow pool. I have not used the pool at RPR yet.
I am also very disappointed in the walk to and from the HRH resort. They send you around back for the walking path when there could have been a much shorter path.
So if the walk is a concern, I think RPR is not much longer. But if you like HRH, you should stay there.

Did they change the HRH path? I think it was all of five minutes when we were there in 2019.

You have the option to walk through the parking lot at HR and take a short cut if that is easier than the path (although the path is also pretty quick). I actually prefer HR to RP, although both are nice properties. RP is further, although not nearly as far as Portofino. That said, I am not a pool person. RP is pretty, but their food didn't wow me. All things being equal we pick HR every time.

RPR is really beautiful - I love the island resort vibe of it, but I know it doesn't speak to everyone.

Did they change the HRH path? I think it was all of five minutes when we were there in 2019.
They did not. Its still the fastest walk to City Walk of the three premier resorts.

OP - HRH is our favorite resort, but we have no qualms about staying at RPR when budget is a concern. We also spend more time at Universal, and the walk to Universal's gates is much closer from HRH than coming from RPR. RPR is on the IOA side of the property. I do love the look and feel of RPR - beautiful atmosphere, tropical feeling. The pool area is nice and more relaxed than HRH. There's also great dining options at the pool bar and Jake's, and the grab and go store is in the same vein as Emack & Bolio's at HRH. I don't think you'd be disappointed, so the only caveat I'd consider is the walking distance to the Universal side.

I think the issue is that you can't cut into the resort through the pool area as in the past. You have to go around the resort on the path to where the butterfly garden/boat dock is and that is where you enter/exit with the temperature screenings/wristbands. It definitely does add a few steps to the walk, especially depending on where your room is located in the hotel, but its still significantly shorter walk IMHO than RPH (which also has you enter through the door by the boat dock or at the front entrance).

I love RpR and I love the vibe there. Not a fan of HRH. The walk from RPR to IoA is like 10 minutes and US is like 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter