Help me decide: POR, POFQ, Pop Cent, AoA?

LisaTN

DIS Veteran
So we have always loved POR and it's our home away from home. We have stayed there three times in the last three years. But I've been wanting to try POFQ as well.

HOWEVER, we just went last week and I want to plan a mini 3-day trip in October and goto MNSSHP so I'd love to save some money.

So while I was pricing, I priced AoA and Pop Century and realized I could save about $400 by staying at a value resort.

Do they take a lot longer via the bus? Will it be so noticeable that I'll wish I was staying at POR? I know they are a little further from the park than POR. Any other pros/cons I should know about to help me decide?

I think DD4 (she'll be 5 for the trip) might really enjpy at Little Mermaid room. Thoughts? Suggestions? Are their food courts on site at those?

THANKS!!!

I can't really comment on the length of the bus ride because we always drive to the parks, BUT the first 2 times we went (2010 and 2011), we stayed at POR and loved it. Last year we decided to try out Pop for my daughter's 4th birthday surprise trip and loved it even more! While POR is extremely nice, we found that Pop was just a better fit for a 4 year old. It was bright and colourful with music and games being played around the main pool throughout the day. They also played Disney films on an outdoor screen every night just outside the main building. Both Pop and AofA have food courts like you would find at POR. In both my husband's and my opinions, while our daughter is young, we would pick Pop over POR as the atmosphere seems geared towards her better.

This year we are going back and have decided to try out the Little Mermaid rooms at AofA since Ariel is my daughter's favourite princess. We leave in 2 months and we can't wait!

I've Stayed at both POP and POFQ and I had longer waits for the bus at POFQ at night when they combined the POR & POFQ busses.

I can't really comment on the length of the bus ride because we always drive to the parks, BUT the first 2 times we went (2010 and 2011), we stayed at POR and loved it. Last year we decided to try out Pop for my daughter's 4th birthday surprise trip and loved it even more! While POR is extremely nice, we found that Pop was just a better fit for a 4 year old. It was bright and colourful with music and games being played around the main pool throughout the day. They also played Disney films on an outdoor screen every night just outside the main building. Both Pop and AofA have food courts like you would find at POR. In both my husband's and my opinions, while our daughter is young, we would pick Pop over POR as the atmosphere seems geared towards her better.

This year we are going back and have decided to try out the Little Mermaid rooms at AofA since Ariel is my daughter's favourite princess. We leave in 2 months and we can't wait!

This is PERFECT INFORMATION!!! THANK YOU!

We just got back from AOA. The bus was wonderful. We never had a long ride anywhere.

The food court is ok. Not great food but ok.

The theme is awesome. Now the little mermaid rooms are the furthest out so keep that in mind when walking for coffee in the morning.

I've Stayed at both POP and POFQ and I had longer waits for the bus at POFQ at night when they combined the POR & POFQ busses.

We had the same thing this trip.... all the other bus stops seemed normal, but POR/POFQ was a mess at night, with long lines while hte other bus stops seemed manageable... I was disappointed that they combined the two resorts because it took so much longer.

We just got back from AOA. The bus was wonderful. We never had a long ride anywhere.

The food court is ok. Not great food but ok.

The theme is awesome. Now the little mermaid rooms are the furthest out so keep that in mind when walking for coffee in the morning.

great! thanks!! I think I'm sold, I'm going to try for Pop or AoA :)

I've stayed at all but POFQ. I'm actually trying to decide where to stay for a three night trip in Nov. and I'm seriously leaning toward Pop; however, if I had a little one, no doubt about it, I'd pick AoA!! To me, it's the best resort for little ones! I have a 3 year old nephew and I can't wait to take him to AoA! I know he'll love it!!! Little Mermaid rooms are the longest walk from the food court, so just be prepared for that.

I see you're on the gulf coast.......I am too!! Wish this rain would end soon!!!

I've stayed at all but POFQ. I'm actually trying to decide where to stay for a three night trip in Nov. and I'm seriously leaning toward Pop; however, if I had a little one, no doubt about it, I'd pick AoA!! To me, it's the best resort for little ones! I have a 3 year old nephew and I can't wait to take him to AoA! I know he'll love it!!! Little Mermaid rooms are the longest walk from the food court, so just be prepared for that.

I see you're on the gulf coast.......I am too!! Wish this rain would end soon!!!

Me too!!! Good thing we saw a parade on Saturday, because the rest of the parades are getting washed out!!

Thanks, I definitely think it's settled! AoA it is!!!!! I'm excited!

I know what you mean. I think this is the first mardi gras in forever that it has rained!!

You little one will love AoA!! I've stayed at every resort on property except POFQ and SS. IMHO, AoA is by far the best themed for little ones. I think she will love it!! Make sure to spend some time at the pool and Nemo play area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter