Help me convince my friend that I am right... Florida Resident tickets *** UPDATE 2/20/19***

We are residents of Pa but also have a home in Orlando.(My dh works at Bayhill 5 months a year)We use our mortgage and power bill with our Pa license to activate ours. We are always made to show proof of Florida residency.

My mom lives in Fl 6 months of the year and IN the other 6. She goes to fl in november and comes back in may, snow birds. She lives in palmdale, its about 2hr south of Orlando and its a really small area and they dont have mail boxes, she has PO box and all her utilities, mortgage are all listed under a PO Box. So, when she went to get a FL id they wouldnt give her one, she ended up having to get docs that showed her physical address before they issued a state id. Im sure its not because if disney but fl sure is strict when it comes to getn a state id. Have u tryd getn an state id?

My mom lives in Fl 6 months of the year and IN the other 6. She goes to fl in november and comes back in may, snow birds. She lives in palmdale, its about 2hr south of Orlando and its a really small area and they dont have mail boxes, she has PO box and all her utilities, mortgage are all listed under a PO Box. So, when she went to get a FL id they wouldnt give her one, she ended up having to get docs that showed her physical address before they issued a state id. Im sure its not because if disney but fl sure is strict when it comes to getn a state id. Have u tryd getn an state id?
I could but we have never had an issue as our house is a physical address along with the standard utilities. (water, cable, power, home insurance)We've never had a problem showing our Pa. License and the above bills. We've been doing it this way for over five years and will just continue. I may be wrong but I don't believe Pa. allows you to have an id in another state while keeping a driver license.

UPDATE: 2/20/2019 ---

I talked to my friend last night and she never brought up the tickets. So I asked her how did things work out with the Fl. Resident tickets... She said OKAY... you were right.... I asked what happened, She said that she bought the tickets several weeks ago, and when they tried to use them at the gate, they were directed to guest service, which they asked for Florida ID, and proof of residence... so my friend pulls out her wallet and AP, the CM said I'm sorry not your ID - I need everyone's ID and proof of residence to activate the tickets... So my friend starts in.... well these are a gift for my family, and I paid for them them and I am a resident so all good..the CM was like No I am sorry that's not how this type of ticket works. Then gave them the cost of the difference to a regular 4 day PH...Which of course they had to pay. I wanted to say I told you so... and I didn't... though I really wanted to...

Gee...imagine that, they couldn't all use them. Disney doesn't give a rats behind about them being gifts. All people buying those tickets must have valid FL ID.

And sorry, but I would have said I told you so. :rolleyes1

And may I just say that difference in price probably hurt their feelings. When I was comparing the FL resident 4 day Discovery ticket to a 4 day norm ticket (I believed I used the special 4 day ticket Disney has running for non residents) I came out $343 MORE! :faint: :eek: That's WITHOUT hoppers....so I can only imagine what they all ended up paying on those hopper tickets. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter