jimmiej

I invented the Naked Segway Tour
4 day/3 night trip, Feb. 7-10, 2014

2 adults (WDW vets), no kids

1) Art of Animation, with park tickets

OR

2) Wilderness Lodge, without park tickets

Thoughts?

Two adults, no kids, February. For many reasons, not considering $, I would choose WL. It might be cold out, so the indoor access rooms would be a plus. As adults, you may wish to have a nice TS dinner at Artist Point, and the Territory Lounge at WL is a great place. I also like the fun of WCC for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They do have a hot tub there, a plus. Boat service to MK. A plus. Bigger rooms with balcony, a plus. This is my opinion only, and I can't know all your other considerations.

Well that depends...do YOU care if you go to the Parks? If no, then WL.

For me a Disney trip is about the Parks - so AOA with tickets would be the only way to go.

I would go with park tickets all the way!!

If I weren't visiting the parks, I'd take that $350/night and stay somewhere truly deluxe, not Disney deluxe.

I could never go to WDW without going to the parks. I enjoyed WL, but it would kill me to see MK from afar and never get to go. Definitely choose ANY resort with park tickets.

Those are two really different trips. But if I was going to pick a WDW resort for a non park trip it would be WL. We stayed there at the same time as you have planned just last Feb and we loved it. We went swimming most days. There is a lot to do there since Fort Wilderness is a quick boat ride or walk away. There are two hot tubs and you can relax, watch the geyser go off and stare at beautiful Bay Lake. So if you want a non park trip, this would be the place to go. :)

I would need to go to the parks so AoA would be my choice in this scenario.

I wouldn't choose to stay at WDW and not go to the parks. If these are the only 2 options, then I would go with AoA.

I would die being that close to MK and not be able to go in. Have you considered the Disney resort at Vero Beach? You would have the Disney experience without having the parks so close to be a temptation.

Thanks for everyone's help. New development. Since this is a surprise trip for my wife's birthday, her boss offered to pay for our airfare (as her gift). :goodvibes

I decided we can't go to WDW without going to the parks, and since the airfare is paid, I compromised with the resort, and went with POR. Now, I can afford tickets.

:cool1:

Thanks for everyone's help. New development. Since this is a surprise trip for my wife's birthday, her boss offered to pay for our airfare (as her gift). :goodvibes I decided we can't go to WDW without going to the parks, and since the airfare is paid, I compromised with the resort, and went with POR. Now, I can afford tickets. :cool1:

Excellent development. How nice of your DW's boss. Enjoy!

Great news! POR and POFQ are my favorite resorts. How nice of your DW's boss to pay the airfare! Enjoy your special stay. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter