Help me choose which night time shows to see

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
I can't decide which night time shows to see. I really don't think it will be possible to see all 4. We're early risers so normally don't stay up late, so I'm planning early morning a lot of our days. We're going the end of May and staying at the BW.
We've seen Illuminations a couple of times. We've never seen any of the other ones.

What are your top 2 choices? And why?

I can't decide which night time shows to see. I really don't think it will be possible to see all 4. We're early risers so normally don't stay up late, so I'm planning early morning a lot of our days. We're going the end of May and staying at the BW.
We've seen Illuminations a couple of times. We've never seen any of the other ones.

What are your top 2 choices? And why?

This is sooo subjective!! Everyone has their favorites! Our favorites are ROL at AK, and fireworks at MK.

Only you can ultimately decide - 'after' you've seen all 4!!

Since staying at BW I would think the DHS night time shows may be easiest for your to go to then get back to your resort at a decent hour.

I'd say Happily Ever After and Fantasmic. I would have said Star Wars over all else but without all the amazing fireworks I'm not sure the experience will be as wowing (though feel free to jump in and correct me, I won't see it until November! I'm just so bummed about the reduced fireworks)

I'd say Happily Ever After and Fantasmic. I would have said Star Wars over all else but without all the amazing fireworks I'm not sure the experience will be as wowing (though feel free to jump in and correct me, I won't see it until November! I'm just so bummed about the reduced fireworks)

It still has a high amount of fireworks. It's a heavy projection show which are amazing but there's still a ton of pyro

It still has a high amount of fireworks. It's a heavy projection show which are amazing but there's still a ton of pyro

That gives me hope! I loved the previous version more than Wishes and I've got some first-timers/huge Star Wars fans with me

My long time favorite is Fantasmic. It's the only night time show that (sort of) has a plot line, you see a ton of different characters including Mickey in I think five outfits, the music is amazing, the finale is awesome. I didn't think the new Star Wars show had many fireworks and was unimpressed with seeing movies scenes projected onto the theatre- but many people love it. If Fantismic is showing before the Star Wars show, you sit at the back of the theater near the exit and dash out, you can see both in the same night.

Was hoping to catch the Star Wars fireworks on this trip since I've missed it on the past 2 trips. Looks like Jingle Bell Jingle Bam the entire week of Thanksgiving

As someone else said it's all subjective. I guess it would depend on your likes. Before the new show at MK I'd say that was a must but with the new projection show, I'm not crazy about it. That also rules out Star Wars for me. I'm height challenged and it doesn't matter how early I get there and what a great view I have when I get there, a parent is going to get in front of me and put their kid on their shoulder or some tall wide man is going to squeeze in front of me. I enjoy ROL but a lot of people don't, I do use a FP for it as I find the FP area a little easier to see from. I also enjoy Fantasmic, again I use a FP.

I looked up ROL and HEA on youtube. ROL didn't look all that interesting, but I'm going to let DD watch it and see what she thinks. For HEA how close do you need to be to see it? We don't like crowds and hate being surrounded by people, so prefer to watch from a distance. For shows like ROL how crowded are the seats? We're ok as long as everybody has their own space, but it's when there's no seating and people just keep edging closer and closer.

HEA is probably top. Fantasmic is next. Star Wars is a close third....though the previous version was much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter