Help me choose: MVMCP, Ohana, BoG, party of 10

hodad

DIS Veteran
I'm organizing a trip for 10 people in mid-December, and I'm trying to figure out a plan. Advice from experienced Christmas party attendees would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday Dec 17: Everyone slowly arrives at POR, between noon and 4pm. We have a reservation at Ohana at 5:45, but it would be easier to either eat at POR or take a boat to Disney Springs, where we have reservations at Frontera Cocina.

Sunday Dec 18: We have reservations at BoG at 12pm and CRT at 11:45am.

Thursday Dec 21: Some people will go to AK in the morning, then we will return to the Poly to swim at the pool in the afternoon. We have MVMCP tickets, and reservations for BoG at 4:25 and Ohana at 5.

Here's my dilemma: on the one hand, I think people would really enjoy CRT, even though my 7yo daughter says she's over princesses (but elatedly sang along at Mickey and the Magical Map last week) and her cousins are 2yo and 6yo boys. If we ate there, we would either have to shoehorn Ohana into a travel day, rushing to get there from POR, or we would have to do it in lieu of BoG dinner on a Christmas Party day.

On the other hand, if we are willing to scrap CRT, we could to BoG lunch on Sunday, then Ohana on the 21st, and relax on arrival day. But I don't know if Ohana at 5pm before MVMCP is a baaaaad idea because meat coma and late arrival at the park.

I'm still trying to work this out in my head, and I'd appreciate some feedback, in whatever form it may arrive. I've eaten CRT breakfast, BoG lunch, Ohana breakfast and dinner, and Frontera Cocina, but not BoG dinner, so I don't know how to gauge it.

Thanks!

Are you wanting to meet any of the specialty characters for which people start lining up way before 7:00 p.m.? If so, then you definitely don't want to do Ohana and even BoG will mean you're probably not in the park ready for the party until close to 6:00 p.m.

I would keep the Ohana on arrival day and spend the evening looking at the resort Christmas decorations at the Poly, GF and Contemporary. Maybe even take the boat over to Ft. Wilderness and see the campground/RV decorations.

If you do that and decide to do BoG on party night, then I guess you could keep CRT for Sunday, or look for something else.

Are you wanting to meet any of the specialty characters for which people start lining up way before 7:00 p.m.

I think character meets are low on the priority list for everyone. We'd rather attend the parade and shows and ride things in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland with minimal waits.

Thanks for your advice. That's the plan I started with, but I'm having doubts.

Stick with what you started with. Ohana on party night will be tight and stressful, especially since they tend to run late.

There is no chance of getting back to the park until after the party starts and aren't getting full value out of the ticket. At least with BOG you should be done before 6. If ohana is a top priority do it on the first day when you can take your time through the meal and enjoy it.

Don't do O'hana on the party night. It will seriously cut into party time. We like to eat around 5 pm in the park before parties, so I think your BOG reservation is perfect. Do O"Hana on the first night and CRT for lunch

On Saturday I'd start out with Ohana.

Sunday do CRT.

& the night of the party BOG.

We've done BOG on party night & it works out great. Ohana takes lots more time & with traveling there, etc it would take lots of your party time. We too mostly go to the party for the parades & fireworks...but it's fun to have time to do a few character lines too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter