Help me choose - Deluxe resort only stay over July 4th

Which deluxe resort is the best for a resort only stay over July 4th?

• Beach Club

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Yacht Club

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Grand Floridian

Votes: 28 51.9%

• Total voters

Leleluvsdis

DIS Veteran
Good morning!! We're thinking about a last minute trip to Disney World for July 4th. It would be for Wed. - Sat. and no parks. We've never been there over July 4th and I would L O V E to see the fireworks in person. With the current discounts, it's hard to pass up, but I'm having a had time choosing which resort to stay in. I currently have it narrowed down to Beach Club, Grand Floridian, or Yacht Club. I've heard mixed reviews about Yacht Club but great about both BC and GF. All of the rooms would be water or garden view. I love the idea of being able to walk over to the Poly to watch the fireworks, but I also love the idea of having access to Stormalong Bay with BC and YC. I'm so stumped.

Can you help me decide? Which would you choose and why?

Good morning!! We're thinking about a last minute trip to Disney World for July 4th. It would be for Wed. - Sat. and no parks. We've never been there over July 4th and I would L O V E to see the fireworks in person. With the current discounts, it's hard to pass up, but I'm having a had time choosing which resort to stay in. I currently have it narrowed down to Beach Club, Grand Floridian, or Yacht Club. I've heard mixed reviews about Yacht Club but great about both BC and GF. All of the rooms would be water or garden view. I love the idea of being able to walk over to the Poly to watch the fireworks, but I also love the idea of having access to Stormalong Bay with BC and YC. I'm so stumped.

All are great choices, just depends which area you prefer. I've never been over July 4th and I'm not sure if this will play a part in your decision, but you might not be able to watch fireworks from the Poly beach as I think that's restricted to Poly guests only on the actual 4th (hopefully someone will verify that or correct me if I'm wrong). Usually the beach is open to anyone, but from reports I've read, it seems to be restricted on certain holidays (with July 4th being a big one). Good luck and happy planning. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

All are great choices, just depends which area you prefer. I've never been over July 4th and I'm not sure if this will play a part in your decision, but you might not be able to watch fireworks from the Poly beach as I think that's restricted to Poly guests only on the actual 4th (hopefully someone will verify that or correct me if I'm wrong). Usually the beach is open to anyone, but from reports I've read, it seems to be restricted on certain holidays (with July 4th being a big one). Good luck and happy planning. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.
I believe ur correct about 4th and beach.

From what I've read, they do restrict the Poly beach on July 4th to only Poly guests.

This summer will be our 4th trip over July 4th. We've always stayed at BC, this year we'll be at BWV. I would definitely recommend an Epcot area resort. The MK 4th of July fireworks take place on the 3rd and the 4th, so we watch the MK ones on the 3rd and the Epcot ones on the 4th (the only day they take place). It's so great to just walk out of the IG back to the resort. The 4th of July add on at Epcot is really spectacular.

Last edited:
Without having park tickets and wanting to see the fireworks, I would choose GF. Actually, my first choice would be Poly but of the ones you've narrowed it down to I would choose GF. IMO, viewing the MK fireworks from outside the park is better than viewing the EP fireworks from outside the park. MK fireworks are 360 degrees on July 3/4 and the view around Seven Seas Lagoon is great!

If you’re not planning to do any parks, I would pick either the YC or the BC (we prefer the BC), as you would have Stormalong Bay to relax at. Also, you would be next to the BW and could go over there in the evenings for the entertainment.

We love the BC and YC, and I used to book whichever had the cheaper category room available. But lately, we've been doing YC just because it guarantees a full balcony and now has actual quick service food options and refillable mug stations in the gift shop area, and we will be there the week of July 4th. My kids would never leave SAB if given the option!

I would choose the GF. I have stayed at both and while I like YC/BC, I prefer the MK resort area in general. At YC/BC you are close to the Boardwalk, but being on the monorail gets you easy access to all the resorts there. The GF has great dining options. The California Grill atop the Contemporary is another favorite. To me, that are is the most magical.

You don't have this resort on your list, but if it's available, I'd book a tower room with magic kingdom view at the Contemporary. You'd be able to see all of the fireworks from your resort room without going to the park. It's my understanding that in addition to the fireworks which are launched behind the Magic Kingdom, other fireworks are launched all around Seven Seas Lagoon. It's quite a show from what I understand!

You don't have this resort on your list, but if it's available, I'd book a tower room with magic kingdom view at the Contemporary. You'd be able to see all of the fireworks from your resort room without going to the park. It's my understanding that in addition to the fireworks which are launched behind the Magic Kingdom, other fireworks are launched all around Seven Seas Lagoon. It's quite a show from what I understand!

It is. We were there July 3-7 last year in an MK facing room on the top floor. It was stunning!

OP, in your situation, it really is a hard decision. But, if fireworks are really the #1 reason you are going, GF. However, as a standalone resort over the summer, it's not the best. It's kind of boring, to be honest. I prefer YC/BC (specifically BC for our family) because there is SO much more to do there and the pool is way, way, WAY better than the GF. Do you have kids in your party and is the pool a big draw? If so, BC, and maybe try and get a dinner reservation at CA Grill for the 3rd (they shoot the fireworks off the 3rd and 4th at MK) and then on the 4th, enjoy the fireworks from Epcot and Studios from the BC. You'll be able to see quite a lot from the bridge/International Gateway area.

Any other time of the year I'd say Yacht club. But for the 4th I say GF so you can watch the fireworks from your resort.

Beach Club is the best for this. It has a summery theme, and shares the best pool on property with Yacht Club. The advantage of this pool is that CMs scan bands for entry, which very effectively keeps crashers out, unlike at other resorts. We did a split stay between Poly and Yacht Club a few years ago over the 4th of July week: the Poly pool was people soup, but the Yacht & Beach Club's pool was not overcrowded, even though it was a far superior pool. That speaks to the importance of having a live CM scan every visitor's band for entry, rather than just using an electronic gate. You will also be able to see some July 4th fireworks from the parks while at this pool.

We stayed at the Beach Club for the 4th of July a couple of years ago and the resort puts on a lot of activities for the 4th. Besides having pool activities, there were lawn games and beach games and food, including hot dogs, on the beach. They had so'mores at the camp fire, too. You can walk over to the bridge between the Boardwalk and Beach Club and get a great view of the Illumination fireworks. You'll be able to hear the music from t here, too.

We had gone over to the Grand Floridian for dinner on July 3rd and watched the special fireworks show at MK from outside Gasparillas. They pipe in the music, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter