Help me choose a 2 bedroom villa

blue888

Mouseketeer
Planning our Disneyworld trip. We are a family of 6 with 4 kids (ages 11, 9, 7 and 5). Christmas 2020.

Which 2 bedroom villa would you recommend? Hoping to rent DVC property, considering a split stay so we can spend some time close to Magic Kingdom and then at another property closer to Epcot perhaps.

Tips? Ideas?

Staying for 7 nights...

BLT. You'll be able to walk to Magic Kingdom, which will be really helpful during the busy season. if you get a Theme Park View room you can watch the fireworks from your balcony. Are you staying through NYE? I stayed at the Contemporary over NYE and it was really nice watching the fireworks from our balcony away from all the crowds and then going right to bed.

For an Epcot resort Beach Club has dedicated 2-bedrooms so you'll have more real beds, Boardwalk only has lock-offs. You'll have access to the nice pool too and be able to walk to two parks. During Christmas time I highly recommend staying somewhere you don't have to rely on transportation to get around.

Are you talking Christmas week or earlier in Dec.?
Your choices for Epcot proximity are:
BWV (largest & thus most likely to have villas)
BCV
Not yet open, but will be by 12/20 - Riviera (gondola ride away.)

Near MK w/ 2 br. villas:
Walkable/monorail: BLT (largest & thus most likely to have villas)
Monorail/boat: VGF
Boat/bus: CCV, BRV
There are pros and cons to each, ultimately which you chose will be shaped by which theme appeals most to you, what is available - eg are there owners who want to rent points at that resort around 11 months before your arrival, and how much you want to pay (a VGF stay will require more points and thus cost more than CCV/BRV, for example.)

We are teachers, so we are bound to the week of Christmas. We have done Disneyland Christmas week twice and thought that this time we would try World.

Hope that helps. We plan in advance so we can get an idea of the cost.

Look for a dedicated studio so there will be two real beds in the second bedroom instead of one bed and one pullout.

Split between BLT and BWV/BCV would be just about perfect! HS is going to be a jammed up mess that week. Maybe just stay at BLT the entire week.

Think about some of the activities at FW. Wagon/Sleigh rides, pony rides for little ones, nice playground and the Hoop De Doo. A pleasant boat ride to and from BLT.

Dinner at WCC is an option too, oh, the WL at Christmas.

If you plan on renting points, be ready to book that stay in January 2020 right at 11 months out. You'll pay in full to make the reservation and won't have the option to change the reservation or to cancel and get a refund.
Look for a dedicated studio so there will be two real beds in the second bedroom instead of one bed and one pullout.

Split between BLT and BWV/BCV would be just about perfect! HS is going to be a jammed up mess that week. Maybe just stay at BLT the entire week.

Think about some of the activities at FW. Wagon/Sleigh rides, pony rides for little ones, nice playground and the Hoop De Doo. A pleasant boat ride to and from BLT.

Dinner at WCC is an option too, oh, the WL at Christmas.
You do not want a dedicated studio (and there are not that many of them anyway). You want a dedicated two bedroom villa so the second bedroom will have two real beds. If you get a lockoff two bedroom villa that will be a one bedroom villa connected to a studio (at BWV that's all they have). So the second bedroom will have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa (in most cases, some of the newer resorts have a queen sleeper sofa in the second bedroom).

If you plan on renting points, be ready to book that stay in January 2020 right at 11 months out. You'll pay in full to make the reservation and won't have the option to change the reservation or to cancel and get a refund.
You do not want a dedicated studio (and there are not that many of them anyway). You want a dedicated two bedroom villa so the second bedroom will have two real beds. If you get a lockoff two bedroom villa that will be a one bedroom villa connected to a studio (at BWV that's all they have). So the second bedroom will have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa (in most cases, some of the newer resorts have a queen sleeper sofa in the second bedroom).

Thanks for the correction, I meant to say villa instead of studio.

Thanks. That is totally doable to book 11 months out. Yes, we were looking for a 2 bedroom villa. I think either arrangement of beds is fine with our family.

I am assuming with a split stay that they will transfer our luggage for us during the day?

Advantages to staying at BLT all week versus a split stay BLT/BCV? My kids love the pools. We don't usually spend all day in the park, so we find we really use the hotel amenities.

I am assuming with a split stay that they will transfer our luggage for us during the day?

Advantages to staying at BLT all week versus a split stay BLT/BCV? My kids love the pools. We don't usually spend all day in the park, so we find we really use the hotel amenities.
Christmas week could be cool, but you won't know until you get there.

The advantage to staying at one resort instead of a split stay is that you will be able to book all of your ADRs at 180+10 days and all of your FPs at 60-days + for your length of stay. If you do a split stay, you will have to wait for the 180/60-day window to open for each stay. Getting some of the more desirable reservations could be challenging at Christmas time.

Christmas week could be cool, but you won't know until you get there.
We are Canadian, so my kids will think it is hot. Both years in Disneyland it was cooler, but my kids still lived in the pools while we were there. It was actually really nice because the pools were relatively empty, we joked there were more lifeguards than kids in the pool.

The advantage to staying at one resort instead of a split stay is that you will be able to book all of your ADRs at 180+10 days and all of your FPs at 60-days + for your length of stay. If you do a split stay, you will have to wait for the 180/60-day window to open for each stay. Getting some of the more desirable reservations could be challenging at Christmas time.
Thanks. That is helpful.

We are Canadian, so my kids will think it is hot. Both years in Disneyland it was cooler, but my kids still lived in the pools while we were there. It was actually really nice because the pools were relatively empty, we joked there were more lifeguards than kids in the pool.
The pools are heated to around 82 degrees or so.

Do your kids like animals? I’d consider at least part of your stay at Animal Kingdom Villas since it’s so unique. I know people complain that it’s so far away, but the bus rides really aren’t much longer because they only stop at both AK sections. We’ve had great bus service there.

The villas at Wilderness Lodge (CCV/BRV) are my favorite, especially at Christmas.

All of the resorts have pros and cons. You need to decide which is most appealing to you. You really can’t go wrong with any of them!

Do your kids like animals? I’d consider at least part of your stay at Animal Kingdom Villas since it’s so unique. I know people complain that it’s so far away, but the bus rides really aren’t much longer because they only stop at both AK sections. We’ve had great bus service there.

The villas at Wilderness Lodge (CCV/BRV) are my favorite, especially at Christmas.

All of the resorts have pros and cons. You need to decide which is most appealing to you. You really can’t go wrong with any of them!

I’ll just add that one advantage to both BLT and AKV is that the 2-bedroom villas have 3 full bathrooms. BCV/BWV have only two baths.

I highly, highly recommend the copper creek villas. Oh baby is that two bedroom villa gorgeous. Plenty of room for 8-9 people to spread out and relax. Two balconies, whirlpool tub + two separate showers, full size refrigerator. Quiet and calm and just a boat ride from MK. Our fave room a WDW by far :)

This will be a big deal especially at such a busy time. If you have any of the harder to get reservations on your list or want to ride any of the new rides staying at one resort the whole time will be a big benifit. No one knows what the fast pass situation will be in 2020, but even just for the dining advantage it’s worth it.

The other problem with a split stay is that you are essentially homeless for the day. I did it in December and my new room wasn’t ready until 5pm. That was difficult because I was sick so I really wanted to go back to the room to rest. Pool time would also be difficult to do that day. I was touring parks open to close so if I wouldn’t have gotten sick I would’ve been ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter