Help, Last minute, any chance of good rate?

snowmouse

DIS Veteran
I just found out today that we will have a couple of days in Orlando at the end of February. I haven't even been watching codes as I didn't see this coming at all. I've started looking around, and don't see much out there. Someone mentionded an email rate. What is this?

I'd like to stay somewhere nice on site, but I'm not sure I can talk DH into too much, given that this is an unexpected addition. We have previously stayed at YC, Swan, POR, and AS Sports. Of course would love a deluxe, maybe Poly or WL.

I do have AAA, but was hoping to do better. Also, we're thinking of DL this summer. If I bought an AP, would it be good there too?

Thanks

Hi. Last minute trip... Your best bet would be to call and ask Disney if any discounts show up under your name (ie. email, post card etc) if none, then ask for availability for your dates of AP rooms. Check mousesavers.com first for the code and specifically ask for those rates. The other thing to do would be maybe to check online at travelocity or orbitz for last minute deals. you also can try renting DVC points last minute. Your wdw ap won't be good for DL. But it can save you enough in room rates to make it even out for one trip. (did for me) If you can get ap rates for this trip, order your ap online for will call delivery to your wdw resort, no shipping costs. You may just have to tell your dh that it's value season and with AAA discount that's about as cheap as you can get your room. Still not too bad though.
Whatever you do, you'll have fun. I can't wait to get back.
Shellie

You can also try booking through AAA's website; friday I was able to get a discounted rate ($61 vs. 77 rack) at Pop for a trip next week on the website, called CRO Sunday and was able to get an AP rate of $49.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to check the rates for a long weekend February 10th-13th. I have an AP and I got a post card both showing that weekend blacked out for these discounts. I called to check anyhow, and I got an AP rate at CSR. So it does not hurt to call. Give it a try! :)

Good Luck!

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter