Help! Jambo or Kidani?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
I am renting DVC points - which one is best??
I am new to AKL! I looked stuff up online but no idea which to choose.
If it helps, we are just staying for 2 nights prior to our cruise - no parks - just for the pool, atmosphere, do some downtown disney! Not doing any restaurants really - just quick service stuff because we will eat so much on the cruise!

I am renting DVC points - which one is best??
I am new to AKL! I looked stuff up online but no idea which to choose.
If it helps, we are just staying for 2 nights prior to our cruise - no parks - just for the pool, atmosphere, do some downtown disney! Not doing any restaurants really - just quick service stuff because we will eat so much on the cruise!

Hi! It just so happens that I just stayed at Kidani this past August.

Here is my trip report. Read this and you will see the pros/cons I experienced while at Kidani: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

For your needs I would stay at Jambo. The QS is convenient. The pool was ok - Kidani was better. You could use both pools since the resorts are right next to each other. The walk to Jambo from Kidani is about 10 mins or so.

Anything else you need help with, just ask away!!!

And wherever you stay - PLEASE write a trip report. They are very fun to read.

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

Kidani has the better slide and also has a super nice water play area.

Jambo has a grand lobby and store.....Kidani has a quaint lobby and store.

Jambo is very busy.....Kidani is more laid back.

Jambo has quick service.....Kidani has no quick service.

Jambo has table service.....Kidani also has table service, one of the best on property.

Both properties have wonderful viewing areas of the animals.

The walk between Jambo and Kidani is about 10 minutes, but you can also take a bus.

We own DVC at AKL and it is one of our favorites. For your circumstance, I would go with Jambo. The experience is more grand, the restaurants more plentiful, and the slide is just fine. :rotfl2:

Kidani is a bit out of the way from the "circle of life" at AKL.

The children's splash area is amazing at Kidani, though, so you will surely want to take a walk over there if the weather is nice (that's the other issue, there is more to do at Jambo if it rains). Also, Kidani's Sanaa restaurant is great- sit down, and the animals come right up to the windows.

So, do both, but stay at Jambo this time!
Have a magical stay.pixiedust:

for studios, there is not much difference. 1BRs at kidani have a 2nd bathroom. kidani is also the newer resort.

both are great, though.

At 130 days, you may not have the option to get anything at Jambo anyway. There's a lot less availability at Jambo.

My personal preference is Kidani. I love the Jambo lobby but overall I think Kidani is a much nicer resort.

We just rented 3 nights at jambo before dong 6 at the dolphin. Just really wanted immerse ourselves in the AKL atmosphere. Can't wait until our trip in July

See you got a ressie at Jambo! I have stayed at both and love them both. For a first time at AKL, Jambo is great since the lobby is so impressive and there are lots of activities for the kids. Make sure you and your kids do the activities where they get a bead - these are great souveniers to take home! Enjoy your cruise!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter