HELP!! I'm leaving in 2 days and.....

***tink386

Love All Things Disney!!
I can't believe this is happening. We're leaving in 2 days for our WDW/cruise 15th anniversary get away and my purse was stolen today!! My ID, credit cards, cell phone and digital camera were all in it. I've called and cancelled all my credit cards, but they told me it would take two weeks to receive new ones. We've been planning this vacation for a year now, a vacation of a lifetime, and it is totally starting off on the wrong foot. I will now have to bring cash or traveler's checks for almost everything. (My husband still has all of his stuff though). Fortunately, all of our cruise and travel docs were at home and not in my purse, but what about my ID?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm under complete stress!! :sad2: :sad2:

Unfortunately, we were just planning on using our ID's and birth certificates, so no, I don't have one. :sad2:

have you checked with vital-chek? I think that they have emergency provisions for Birth Certificates. I'm not sure what you will do about the CC. I usually have a few in a lock box at home that I can use in emergencies. As far as picture ID goes! Oh man! CA DMV is not exactly a beacon of customer service.

I am not sure where it would be near you, but if you go to the passport office - you can get one in a bunch of hours (be willing to sit/stand for many of those hours) in NYC it takes about 8 hours and you have it in hand when you leave. There is an extra cost, and you will have to take your travel docs with you....GOOD LUCK!

Have you called DCL and let them know what is going on? I am sure that this has happened before. They can likely tell you what to do . I bet that the Vital? check is the way to go for emergency Birth certificate. Maybe express mail to the port. Also, here in Indianapolis, the post office has stopped doing express mail for some unknown reason. Three day mail was all they offered. I had to use UPS to get an overnight mailing to Chicago. I think it was about $17. When I was in the UPS office , another guy came in with the exact same complaint about the post office. The UPS guy was stunned. I then later saw a worker for Fed Ex and (they normally do the overnights for the post office) they were stunned about the post office. So,,,,,,tmalss(to make a long story short), two branches of the post office weren't doing overnight.
Bill

Can't you just get new driver's license? Did you have your birth certificate in your purse? I lost my driver's license few years ago the day before we were flying to WDW and I had to spend the morning at the MVA before our flight getting a new one.

Bless your heart. I am very sorry to hear that. It's bad enough when it happens, but much less at a time like this. At least your cruise docs were at home. I hope that you are able to get everything taken care of. Keep us posted and let us know what happens. Best of luck to you.

I had my wallet stolen out of my beach bag this summer. It is the most awful feeling. I'm sorry it happened to you. My credit cards came very quickly. Ask for express mail. Getting a new liscence was a huge pain. More documents are needed then ever before. Call DMV before you go. I needed more info and had to come back. Not fun. I brought reading material and prepared to wait. Are you on the March 26th 7 day Western. We are!

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you! How horrific!
If I were you, I'd get down to a DMV. The least they could do is give you a photo identification on the spot if you explain the situation. It may not be a replacement for your driver's license, but I know they can at least issue you an ID.

Well wishes to you for a stress-free trip! :goodvibes

ok, first i am sorry this hapened to you, second, if finances permit you can replace the camera, next I suggest everyone have a state id in addition to their DL, leave the state id at home, here it only costs 10 bucks to get one, and in case this happens you have your id, next hopefully the birth certificate was not in your purse and in that case call your local dmv tell them what happeed and go get a new drivers liscense you should be able to get one with no trouble,

just take a deep breat, i'll be praying 4 u :)

First of all.. :grouphug: BIg hugs to you. It is an awful feeling, never mind needing the documents for a cruise...

Hopefully you have gotten your license by now, and try and close that door and cruise away.... THese theives are despicable.. One word of advice, when this happened to me, I replaced everything ASAP, and the next week ding-dong the mailman had my purse.... I went and spent something like 300$ on mine, and my childrens's hospital cards, etc, and had it all given back.. :guilty:

SO hopefully you have your license, Pixie dust for you.. :wizard: :wizard:

So sorry to hear that! :sad2: I know in Florida. You can get a birth certificate in about two minutes if you go directly to the office? All you need is a picture ID and your social security number. You can go to the DMV and get a picture ID then take your ID and social to the office? I know things will work out! Keep us posted!

First of all, thank you everyone for all of your wonderful support!!

I just got some good news. :sunny: The police station in a town about 20 miles from here, just called to let me know that they found my wallet in a garbage can last night. My picture ID was still there!!!! Yippee!! I'm going to go get it right now. I already cancelled all of my credit and bank cards, so we will just have to use my husbands, but at least I can get my ID back. Of course, the cash, phone and camera are still missing, :sad2: :sad2: but at least I'm going to get something returned. I'll let you know if anything else turns up (but I highly doubt that any of it will!)

As I was driving around today, I was having awful thoughts of that happening to me and we leave tomorrow. I hope all works out for you.

I'm so glad that the police found your wallet so that you have an ID.

I hope that you also called to report that your cell phone was stolen. I'm sure they must be able to cancel the service or something so that you are not getting charged for the calls.

Don't want to state the obvious, but this was a plot point in National Lampoons Family Vacation.

Make sure your husband's credit cards are different accounts than yours.

If you both have a Visa card with account 123 on it and you canceled your card, BOTH cards are canceled.

Now if you have a National Bank Visa and he has a State Bank Visa then you are fine, but if you both have cards on the same account, then his cards aren't any good either.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but better to find out now, rather than on vacation.

i know this is silly but i never go out of the house the day before we leave i fear i will get pulled over and a ticket and they will take my liscense away although they let you pay them cash but i hardly ever carry cash, to the op
i am so glad it worked out for you

CRSNDSNY said:
I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you! How horrific!
If I were you, I'd get down to a DMV. The least they could do is give you a photo identification on the spot if you explain the situation. It may not be a replacement for your driver's license, but I know they can at least issue you an ID.

Well wishes to you for a stress-free trip! :goodvibes

I just wanted to point out that not all states issue ID/DL's on the spot. Here in NY they mail it to you and it takes a couple of weeks.

So glad you got your DL back. Were they able to get any prints off of the wallet? Or will they even do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter