Help!!! I can't burp.

mad madam mim78

DIS Veteran
I know this thread sounds like a joke but I'm very serious. For my whole life I've never been able to belch. I can only belch when I throw up. Everyday I start the day off feeling fine and by the end of the day I'm a bloated mess.

When I was younger I could tolerate it better but now in my thirties it's starting to wreak havoc on my digestive tract. If I have a carbonated beverage I just gurgle. You know that little gurgle sound you make right before you burp? Mine just retreats. I've tried. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

I've never mentioned it to a doctor because its just been a part of my life. Now I'm wondering if I need to do something.

My BIL cant burp either. He's burped once in his life about 15 years ago. We declared it his "burp-day!"

I know this thread sounds like a joke but I'm very serious. For my whole life I've never been able to belch. I can only belch when I throw up. Everyday I start the day off feeling fine and by the end of the day I'm a bloated mess.

When I was younger I could tolerate it better but now in my thirties it's starting to wreak havoc on my digestive tract. If I have a carbonated beverage I just gurgle. You know that little gurgle sound you make right before you burp? Mine just retreats. I've tried. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

I've never mentioned it to a doctor because its just been a part of my life. Now I'm wondering if I need to do something.

I have a hard time burping. Try have someone pat you on the back, just like you do a baby. It works on me

One time I had a stomach infection and my middle was bloated and huge. It sounded like a drum when you hit my abdomen. The doctor told me to drink ginger ale, and try to include swallows of air while drinking.

That helped me. I burped all night, but it relieved the gas buildup in my stomach.

:cutie:

One time I had a stomach infection and my middle was bloated and huge. It sounded like a drum when you hit my abdomen. The doctor told me to drink ginger ale, and try to include swallows of air while drinking.

That helped me. I burped all night, but it relieved the gas buildup in my stomach.

:cutie:

I wish it were that simple. If I drank ginger ale and purposely swallowed air I think my stomach would tear. I can't let it out. No amount of neck twisting or jaw stretching helps.

It could be a problem with the sphincter between your esophagus and your stomache. You should mention it to your doctor, especially since you feel bloated and uncomfortable.

It could be a problem with the sphincter between your esophagus and your stomache. You should mention it to your doctor, especially since you feel bloated and uncomfortable.

Yeah I'm kind of thinking that could be the problem. I guess I'm hoping someone will just magically be on here and tell me they had the same thing and got it fixed. I know that's a fat chance but there's nothing like talking about burps and farts with fellow disney lovers. :)

Gas x!! those little green pills from walmart. Humor on this and try it. It wont make you burp but it should redreict the gas to the other end. I have the same issue with burping (and issues with gas) and use it all the time.

Between, using the force and gas-ex I can sell you some Teflon coated-non skid undies. :lmao:

This was me too, couldn't burp--this is probably one of those things that my college roomates will remember about me.

Enter first preganancy and first baby--like a miracle--I could finally Burp!

Now, I have another problem: After my second pregnancy, I can't NOT burp--anything carbonated and I'm a mess.

Not recommending pregnancy as a solution, just sayin'. . .:duck:

My aunt, who is in her 80s, swears by baking soda. 1 level teaspoon of baking soda, swallowed dry, followed by a full glass of water. Yes, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but she swears it works and won't use anything else.

OP, I'm the same.

I have never burped IN MY LIFE! Not once! I'm just not capable, and I've tried all the little "helpful" tips & tricks people have tried to impose on me.

It gets darn right painful at times. And I can't stand the bloating.

If I'm really miserable, I admit, I'll stick my finger down my throat. Not to vomit, but to let some "air" out and get a little relief from the pressure. It's the only way I know how... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter